PDA

View Full Version : Helmat speakers

R&B
04-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Looking for some info on Bluetooth helmet speakers. I have hearing aids and I want to add some tunes to my rides without having to remove the hearing aids. :dontknow:

SteveMac
04-06-2014, 08:51 PM
SENA.
MotorcycleDave is a sponsor here and he can help you. You will have good sounding tunes and Bluetooth your phone or GPS also. :thumbup:

NetJunkie
04-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Big fan of my UCLEAR setup. Speakers work well and the boom less mic is very nice. I have the UCLEAR 100PLUS.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Looking for some info on Bluetooth helmet speakers. I have hearing aids and I want to add some tunes to my rides without having to remove the hearing aids. :dontknow:
What kind of hearing aids do you have? If they are relatively new they very well may be capable of receiving FM transmissions, or maybe even Bluetooth. If that is the case you don't need helmet speakers. Let's find you some sort of transmitter to connect into the audio system, or your mp3 player, and transmit directly to your hearing aids.

You just might be able to come up with a solution that is better than helmet speakers. Now, wouldn't that be great! :yes::2thumbs:

Highwayman2013
04-06-2014, 10:28 PM
I've got the SENA units from Motorcycle Dave.

OldCowboy
04-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Sena from Motorcycle Dave.

R&B
04-07-2014, 09:03 PM
It would be great but my aids aren't Bluetooth capable:(. Thanks for the thought!

What kind of hearing aids do you have? If they are relatively new they very well may be capable of receiving FM transmissions, or maybe even Bluetooth. If that is the case you don't need helmet speakers. Let's find you some sort of transmitter to connect into the audio system, or your mp3 player, and transmit directly to your hearing aids.

You just might be able to come up with a solution that is better than helmet speakers. Now, wouldn't that be great! :yes::2thumbs:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-08-2014, 12:13 AM
It would be great but my aids aren't Bluetooth capable:(. Thanks for the thought!
And not FM either, then? What I find with Google is that FM capability has existed for several years, but I have no idea what the hearing aid configurations were/are or how much more costly they may be. I need to start learning more about it because we need to update our hearing assistive capability at church, and thought maybe there would be some technology that would work for you and for our church!

I wonder if an inductive loop system would work for you. Those have existed for years, but here again I don't know what the hearing aid technology has to be to make use of them.

Motorcycledave
04-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Hi Everyone
I have aids that are bluetooth units they are fine for the phone when paired
to my iPhone in normal room type noise but I have attempted to use them
on the Spyder and my motorcycles and they do not have enough volume to
be able to hear the phone or streaming music very well over the wind noise and engine noise.
I can almost blow the top of my head off using the SENA units in my helmets with the hearing aids on.
I usually turn them off or remove them and put them in my pocket.
Not sure this is what you want to hear but.....
Dave