PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Spring Meet 'n' Eat?

wukka
04-06-2014, 04:34 PM
For the past 3 years, the Spyder Owners in the Pacific Northwest have had a Meet 'n' Eat in April as a kick-off to the ryding season. If you've been wondering about what we'll be doing this year, I have the answer here.

This year I am planning our Meet 'n' Eat ryde to head East and over the Cascade Mountain pass. As a result, the scheduled date is in MAY so that we lessen the chance of snow in the mountain Pass.

So here are the details:

2014 Spring Meet 'n' Eat
WHEN: Saturday, May 17, 2014
WHERE: I-90 Motorports, 200 NE Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA
TIME: 9:30 AM

After we spend about an hour swapping stories over coffee, we'll saddle up and head over Snoqualmie Pass to ROSLYN, WASHINGTON. Here, we'll explore one of the largest coal mining towns in Washington State, and the area where the television program "Northern Exposure" was filmed.

I am still in the process of securing a location where we can dine for lunch as a group. But wanted to let you know early so you can pencil it in on your calendar, and plan for this new Northwest tradition.

Please let me know if you would like to participate by replying to this post, or email me at jomion@gmail.com or text/call at 206-941-9844.

I'll follow up with additional info as we get closer to the ryde date...

See you then...

Joe / Wukka

Shel_TK
04-06-2014, 10:56 PM
The Five Wheel Gang has it penciled in!

ronrico
04-06-2014, 11:59 PM
I would like to ask a few questions about a trip that I am planning for September. We are going to the coast highway going down the coast. I plan on stay a few days in Seattle before heading south. First question: my route at this time has a night in The Dalles; which route do you suggest from there into Seattle? Question: When leaving I am heading toward Port Angeles; which ferry would you take, I was planning on the Bainbridge Island ferry. Last question: is september a good time for that area? I have lived in Seattle before but that was a long long long time ago. Thanks for your help.

PatGund
04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Looks good to me.

TokenTwoWheeler
04-28-2014, 11:51 AM
The Five Wheel Gang has it penciled in!

Although there has been a change up in 2/5 of the wheels. I'm very happy with my new ride.

lil rabbit
04-28-2014, 01:13 PM
I have marked on my calendar and it will great to see everyone and meet the new friends too...... :thumbup::thumbup:

wukka
04-28-2014, 03:18 PM
For the past 3 years, the Spyder Owners in the Pacific Northwest have had a Meet 'n' Eat in April as a kick-off to the ryding season. If you've been wondering about what we'll be doing this year, I have the answer here.

This year I am planning our Meet 'n' Eat ryde to head East and over the Cascade Mountain pass. As a result, the scheduled date is in MAY so that we lessen the chance of snow in the mountain Pass.

So here are the details:

2014 Spring Meet 'n' Eat
WHEN: Saturday, May 17, 2014
WHERE: I-90 Motorports, 200 NE Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA
TIME: 9:30 AM

After we spend about an hour swapping stories over coffee, we'll saddle up and head over Snoqualmie Pass to ROSLYN, WASHINGTON. Here, we'll explore one of the largest coal mining towns in Washington State, and the area where the television program "Northern Exposure" was filmed.

I am still in the process of securing a location where we can dine for lunch as a group. But wanted to let you know early so you can pencil it in on your calendar, and plan for this new Northwest tradition.

Please let me know if you would like to participate by replying to this post, or email me at jomion@gmail.com or text/call at 206-941-9844.

I'll follow up with additional info as we get closer to the ryde date...

See you then...

Joe / Wukka

I've secured our dining location. We will have lunch at The Brick Saloon, the oldest operating pub/restaurant in the state. It's been in business since 1889 and even has an operating floor-length spittoon, and a jail downstairs - so NO FUNNY BUSINESS. :P

Working on some other special arrangements too...stay tuned.

n7wol
04-28-2014, 03:59 PM
I've got it penciled in and will put it up on 4 corner ryders

wukka
05-06-2014, 08:17 AM
By my highly speculative, non-scientific estimate, we are looking at MORE THAN 20 Spyders in this event! Spread the word so we can get that number to 30!

joet82
05-07-2014, 12:12 AM
By my highly speculative, non-scientific estimate, we are looking at MORE THAN 20 Spyders in this event! Spread the word so we can get that number to 30!

make an event on facebook, it will help with not having to guess as much. :)

wukka
05-07-2014, 01:34 PM
make an event on facebook, it will help with not having to guess as much. :)

Cindy (Seattle) has already got that covered...

PatGund
05-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Alas, I can't make it. It's same day as the staff meeting for Norwescon, and the post-con wrap-up. Since both my spouse and I are staff members, we kinda have to be there. Oh well.....

wukka
05-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Although this weekend's weather will be no comparison to what we are having today, the forecast for Saturday is now showing a 30% chance of showers. So it's not likely that we will see any precipitation - but bring the rain gear "just in case."

Radthorne
05-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Alas, I can't make it. It's same day as the staff meeting for Norwescon, and the post-con wrap-up. Since both my spouse and I are staff members, we kinda have to be there. Oh well.....

Yay Norwescon! I go every year, displaying in the artshow and doing panels. We have to make sure we connect next time!

PatGund
05-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Yay Norwescon! I go every year, displaying in the artshow and doing panels. We have to make sure we connect next time!

Well, I did say hello to you Saturday during autographs. :) You asked if that was my RT in the parking lot. (it was TK-Shel's)

Radthorne
05-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Well, I did say hello to you Saturday during autographs. :) You asked if that was my RT in the parking lot. (it was TK-Shel's)

<--- connects the dots

Aha! That was you, okay, got it now! :D :D

Well good! I am glad we connected, and will miss you on the ride! Perhaps next time - I'm trying to talk Joe into a ride up toward the northern end...

lil rabbit
05-16-2014, 10:23 PM
I am not going to make the ride tomorrow due to I have to work... :banghead::banghead::gaah::gaah: So everyone have a good time, safe ride and I will be there in spirit!!!!!!!!!