PDA

View Full Version : Report on ride to Kissimmee

acinpcola
04-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Greetings all, as promised to my fellow 1330 Ryders, Here is a brief report on how my RT S SE-6 did on the way down to Kissimmee from the Pensacola Fl area.

First off you should know that I am a big man, not by choice, by insulin.. any way the ryde was made with being two up on the Spyder with all compartments holding items, also we towed a trailer behind Camus, it was made for me out of a medal frame with an 18 cubic car top carrier and it was holding about 200 lbs in clothing and laptop, and cpap equipment.

The trip took about 10 hours in travel time which also included stretch stops, note if I had highway pegs on the stretch stops would have been reduced, am really looking forward to when Lamont has them ready.

I traveled interstate 10 to highway 19 which was about 219 miles, during this time on the interstate I traveled at 72 mph in the ECO mode. Then I traveled the off roads of 19 and 27 south to highway 192 that runs into Kissimmee. During the time on the off highway roads I traveled mostly at 69-70mph, with some portions being at 55 mph. I fueled Camus 4 times during the run so here are the results of the mileage for you: 1st fill 26.4mpg, 2nd fill 27.3mpg, ( 1&2 were fills after interstate speeds) 3rd fill 29.6mpg, 4th fill 33mpg. (3&4 fills were after off highway speeds.), this gave an average of 29.07mpg for the trip down. Seeing as Camus was loaded down pretty good I do not think this was all that bad. Oh and I ran midgrade fuel which was rated at 89 to 90 octane. the total mileage for the trip down was 462 miles.

There you have it my friends, I will be down here for a short while and am going to keep Camus in the ECO mode since I tend to be heavy on the throttle.

Be safe
AC

Chupaca
04-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a nice trip. Things went well with your ryde and the fuel/mileage gives folks a better idea of consumption while loaded at different speeds. Be safe and enjoy the time down there. Great place enjoyed back when....:thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Al,
Glad that the "Gettin' there" part went well! :2thumbs:
Here's to hoping that the "Stayin", and, "Gettin' Home" parts" work out even better! :cheers: :thumbup:

Purple Guy
04-06-2014, 09:17 AM
:agree:

Thanks for the info on your mileage.
Enjoy the rest of your trip!

acinpcola
04-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Well day two down here and the heat is on. What a great day. I must say, that I do believe that the Air Wings are going to have to go on the farkles needed list.

For the Cognac Crew, I will recommend that you probably should not shine up the lid on the glove box. Why you ask, well it works like the reflectors folks use to get a tan/burn under their chin and on their neck. Yes you know it, I am speaking from experience, once I covered the box lid, I did notice that the heat on my neck did calm down.

Be Safe

Bob Denman
04-06-2014, 05:14 PM
I wonder if the other light colors, do the same thing also?? :dontknow:

woolfski1713
04-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Enjoy your trip and remember, the best part of any trip is the journey....:clap:

garb55
04-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Well day two down here and the heat is on. What a great day. I must say, that I do believe that the Air Wings are going to have to go on the farkles needed list.

For the Cognac Crew, I will recommend that you probably should not shine up the lid on the glove box. Why you ask, well it works like the reflectors folks use to get a tan/burn under their chin and on their neck. Yes you know it, I am speaking from experience, once I covered the box lid, I did notice that the heat on my neck did calm down.

Be Safe

So if I shine the whole bike and ride in shorts and flip-flops can I get a nice tan quicker :clap:

acinpcola
04-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Dang I just knew this spyder was a rolling tanning bed...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: shhh or the price will go up:yikes:

acinpcola
04-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Enjoy your trip and remember, the best part of any trip is the journey....:clap:

You are exactly correct and the journey from nwfl was great and it looks like the weather will make the return journey a great one also

SteveMac
04-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Happy for you AC. Enjoy the trip!

acinpcola
04-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Happy for you AC. Enjoy the trip!

Steve, my thoughts are with you my friend. Do what the docs want and heal quickly before you know it you will be back in the saddle again.

lookerjdc
04-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I need to read the board more.... if I knew you were going to Kissimmee I would have rode over from Melbourne and gotten a few others to join in for lunch opt something..

oh well.... next time

acinpcola
04-07-2014, 09:01 PM
I need to read the board more.... if I knew you were going to Kissimmee I would have rode over from Melbourne and gotten a few others to join in for lunch opt something..

oh well.... next time

Roger that on next time..we do travel down here a bit, have to make sure the mouse is keeping my stock investment on the rise. I am looking forward to Avatar Land just to see how they put it all together.

acinpcola
04-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Well we pulled into the house about 6:30 cdt. I have to tell you I get more impressed with this machine as each ryde passes. So we came back fully loaded, that means the frunk, the trunk, the saddle bags, with ryding 2 up and pulling a fully loaded 18cubic trailer, the average mpg on the return trip was...33mpg not to shabby at all for being fully loaded.

I read about someone getting hot crossed nuggies, hmm, on the way back I did experience some warmth in the same area, however, I found that this was not coming through the frame and into my seat, it actually came from the area in front of the floor boards, the opening there does have warm air coming out of it well if you foot is on the floor board, it travels up your pant leg and into the nuggie cage. When I moved my legs to an area where they would be on highway pegs, the warmth slowly went away. In conclusion, I recommend, highway pegs and baker air wings that should cool the nuggie cooking.

Be safe all

AC

lookerjdc
04-12-2014, 10:37 PM
ok, who gonna start making 'Nuggle Protectors'?

Bob Denman
04-13-2014, 07:55 AM
I read about someone getting hot crossed nuggies, hmm, on the way back I did experience some warmth in the same area, however, I found that this was not coming through the frame and into my seat, it actually came from the area in front of the floor boards, the opening there does have warm air coming out of it well if you foot is on the floor board, it travels up your pant leg and into the nuggie cage. .

:roflblack: I can't wait, for this experience!! :roflblack: :clap: :2thumbs: