PDA

View Full Version : SPYDERFEST 2014 -- MOGANG IS READY --- ARE YOU

Joanie
04-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Several MoGang members headed to Springfield for one final get together before SpyderFest 2014.

We are ready!!! Are you???

Couple of things we want to share with you

We are having the basket raffle again this year. This year proceeds will go to Isabel's House, a crisis nursery located in Springfield. Items can be shipped to Pitbull in care of Joan Story. Please let me know if you, your local ryding group, or state will be donating a basket this year. Last year we were able to raise $2000 for Care to Learn. Please we would like to top that this year.

Of course there will be vendors with everything imaginable for your Spyder.

We will not be having any large group rydes, except for the pie run Friday night, but we do have several routes mapped out that you and your friends can do anytime.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!!!

:yes::doorag::clap:

Bob Denman
04-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Joanie,
I'm ready! :D
Are you???? :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI0SIg4njx0

I've been practicing all year for that dance that you owe me! :roflblack:

GloryRyders
04-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Ready or not it's still going to be a great time!:yes::yes: Food,:bbq:fun:gaah:, and friends :2thumbs: having a great time with their :spyder:. See you soon!:firstplace:

ruthie
04-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Oh yes, ready for the fun. :yes::yes::yes:I'm still available to help out in any areas. Sorry to hear that it won't be a group ride for he GOS. I missed last year ride and was looking forward to making it this year.

One other thing, did the Mogang schedule beautiful riding weather? No rain No rain :pray::pray::pray::pray:

boomerkc
04-06-2014, 10:56 AM
the Story/Austin Wine Tour of SW Missouri. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have let that "cat out of the bag".

Jim

Joanie
04-06-2014, 06:23 PM
LOL!!! There is a wine run! but we didn't put it together, but I will have to say Oovvda winery will have something special for SpyderFest.... collectable!!!!!!

See you all soon

the Story/Austin Wine Tour of SW Missouri. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have let that "cat out of the bag".

Jim

Joanie
04-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Forgot to mention, door decorating at the hotels. Just don't use anything that causes damages!! Command strips work great!!!!

See you there!!!

pwilbarger
04-06-2014, 08:43 PM
We will not be having any large group rydes, except for the pie run Friday night, but we do have several routes mapped out that you and your friends can do anytime.

We're coming to do some riding in the area and thought there would be a few guided rides similar to previous years. Event schedule has "Group rides in full swing" listed for Wednesday. If there are no guided rides will the routes you have mapped out be to popular destinations and be on nice motorcycling roads? How do I get these routes so I can program them into my Garmin? I can see spending one day at vendor village and taking a demo ride and a couple of hours at Pitbull PS the rest of the time I would like to be riding the area. The passport runs are fine but there too many stops in my book and we have already decided to leave for home on Saturday morning so we won't be there for the prizes anyway. Right now I'm considering canceling my reservations and heading to the Smokies. Don't know?
Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpyderLady
04-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Ryde routes will be posted on Spyderfest.com for ore planning and we will have hand outs at registration. Rather than group Rydes this year we hoped everyone would enjoy getting together with old and new friends and doing the routes they want. Lots of fun planned. Will be a great time as always. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Joanie
04-07-2014, 07:36 AM
We're coming to do some riding in the area and thought there would be a few guided rides similar to previous years. Event schedule has "Group rides in full swing" listed for Wednesday. If there are no guided rides will the routes you have mapped out be to popular destinations and be on nice motorcycling roads? How do I get these routes so I can program them into my Garmin? I can see spending one day at vendor village and taking a demo ride and a couple of hours at Pitbull PS the rest of the time I would like to be riding the area. The passport runs are fine but there too many stops in my book and we have already decided to leave for home on Saturday morning so we won't be there for the prizes anyway. Right now I'm considering canceling my reservations and heading to the Smokies. Don't know?
Thanks,

We have six wonderful routes planned for everyone. You can either do all of the ryde or just part of it. Depends on what you want to do. :doorag:

pwilbarger
04-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Don't mind me. I like to whine a little. New handle "Whyner Phyl"? Send cheese!

Joanie
04-13-2014, 12:11 PM
MoGang has a newly ordained minister to perform the 2nd SpyderFest wedding on Wednesday nights!!! Congrats to the Happy Couple, Howard & Ann. Hope I got the names right lol. It has been a crazy couple of weeks here in Missouri. Frantically trying to get everything ready to take to SpydeFest. Thank goodness we have a toy hauler to get the fireworks, books, patches, spider jewelry and registration stuff all down to SF. I really don't think there will be room for the Spyder in there, so that means me, the truck and the trailer and Kev on the Spyder headed to Springfield on April 25th.

Have a couple of special things to sell this year.

SpyderFest Magnets for the side of a vehicle, man cave, or where ever else you might want to put them. Very limited quantity. (Yes they do have the girl on them). If you go to Facebook to the MoGang public page, you will see a picture of our truck with the magnets on them. Large are 11x17 and small are about 8 x 11. I think.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Love

Joanie

tbhlaw
04-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Will you be doing the passport thing again?

Joanie
04-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Will you be doing the passport thing again?

Yes we will!!!

Len is finalizing those this week. Oovvda Winery will have special labels for SpyderFest 2014, so you can take a collectible bottle back home with you. Don't know what the other stops will be, wouldn't say who is the wino in MoGang to have found this stop!!!!

LOL:cheers:

phil schultz
04-13-2014, 02:21 PM
I plan to camp for Spyderfest and was wondering if there is a particular site most riders will be at.

Don in E Texas
04-13-2014, 03:53 PM
I plan to camp for Spyderfest and was wondering if there is a particular site most riders will be at.

Check the list here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?65096-HOTEL-ROUND-UP-for-SPYDERFEST-At-which-hotel-are-you-staying

Welcome aboard!!

Don

Deanna777
04-13-2014, 06:00 PM
I am ready for SPYDERFEST WOHOO :yes::yes::2excited::yes::clap::clap::clap::clap:: clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cl ap::clap::clap::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Deanna777

Dragonfly
04-13-2014, 07:28 PM
I hate anticipation, just wake me up when it's time to go.:2excited:

Joanie
04-14-2014, 05:19 AM
I hate anticipation, just wake me up when it's time to go.:2excited:

Agree!!!:yes:

billpowell
04-14-2014, 08:05 AM
I am also dissapointed about no group rides.
Several MoGang members headed to Springfield for one final get together before SpyderFest 2014.

We are ready!!! Are you???

Couple of things we want to share with you

We are having the basket raffle again this year. This year proceeds will go to Isabel's House, a crisis nursery located in Springfield. Items can be shipped to Pitbull in care of Joan Story. Please let me know if you, your local ryding group, or state will be donating a basket this year. Last year we were able to raise $2000 for Care to Learn. Please we would like to top that this year.

Of course there will be vendors with everything imaginable for your Spyder.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!!!

packbuckbrew
04-14-2014, 03:13 PM
I will unfortunately miss Spyderfest this year due to a schedule conflict. Everyone have a great time and be safe, I will be thinking of you guys!

Joanie
04-14-2014, 04:59 PM
I am also dissapointed about no group rides.

Don't be disappointed, you can still get a group together we will have six different routes. Unfortunately some of the group rides got tooooo big and it caused some safety issues. Check out the Spydefest web site for info on the rides. Also, this way, it allows people to pick and choose some of where they want to stop.

I am sure you will have not problem finding a group to take a ride with.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Don't be disappointed, you can still get a group together we will have six different routes. Unfortunately some of the group rides got tooooo big and it caused some safety issues. Check out the Spydefest web site for info on the rides. Also, this way, it allows people to pick and choose some of where they want to stop.

I'm in complete agreement with you on this.... 150 + riders is not manageable and it's un-safe. Get together with some friends and pick a route and have fun.....Mike :thumbup: :2excited::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

billpowell
04-15-2014, 07:44 AM
Will do, thank you.

Iamjoey
04-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Will there be a Spyder wash to help raise money? It will need a good cleaning when I get to Spyderfest.

Linda8802
04-15-2014, 09:37 AM
Hello
I live in Troy MO and want to know how to join or get involved with the MO Gang?

Joanie
04-16-2014, 07:29 PM
On the count down. Kev and I head for SpyderFest 2014 on Friday the 25th. Oh boy will I be ready by then???

Joanie
04-18-2014, 06:56 AM
One week from today, Kev, and I will pack up the truck, trailer, bike & trailer and head to SF 2014!! Seems hard to believe that it is almost here. Looking so forward to seeing old friends, making new, getting to meet a very special person from Utah!!

We almost have the fireworks ready, program books, passport books, door decorations etc............... are all (except the fireworks) are sitting in my foyer ready to go.

See you soon!!!

Love to all!!!

Bob Denman
04-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Will you be making the name tags before, or after breaking out the "venom"? :D

GloryRyders
04-19-2014, 06:30 AM

It better be before or you will be Dob Benman.:roflblack::roflblack:

pwilbarger
04-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Not liking the weather forecast for Springfield. Looks like four days of 60% or greater chance of rain and cool temps. Even snow flurries on Tuesday night. Been there done that last year so there will prolly be a room available at the Lamplighter starting Monday thru Saturday. We will have to discuss it when my wife gets home tonight from work. :(

Yazz
04-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Not liking the weather forecast for Springfield. Looks like four days of 60% or greater chance of rain and cool temps. Even snow flurries on Tuesday night. Been there done that last year so there will prolly be a room available at the Lamplighter starting Monday thru Saturday. We will have to discuss it when my wife gets home tonight from work. :(

Sorry you feel that way and hope both of you do make Spyderfest this year.

To me, it's all about the people. Meeting up with old friends and making new ones. :)

SpyderAnn01
04-22-2014, 11:39 AM
I agree with Yazz, and this year the vendor village is indoors so you will have a dry warm place to hang out and spend your money.

Joanie
04-22-2014, 11:47 AM
I agree with Yazz, and this year the vendor village is indoors so you will have a dry warm place to hang out and spend your money.

Agree!! Vendor Village is awesome!

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kev is busy at home working on the fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanie
04-22-2014, 11:49 AM

Everyone is writing their own name tag this year Bob!!! That way I can't be blamed for misspelling!!!!!

Bob Denman
04-22-2014, 11:51 AM
miPSPilillInG? :shocked: :D :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
04-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Everyone is writing their own name tag this year Bob!!! That way I can't be blamed for misspelling!!!!!

We can still blame you. :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

bullant12
04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Not liking the weather forecast for Springfield. Looks like four days of 60% or greater chance of rain and cool temps. Even snow flurries on Tuesday night. Been there done that last year so there will prolly be a room available at the Lamplighter starting Monday thru Saturday. We will have to discuss it when my wife gets home tonight from work.

Meteorologists are like politicians, they make up stuff as they see it, and then act like if nothing happened.:roflblack:

Too early to tell. I think we are done with snow since we've been having warm days in the last 2 weeks.

OldCowboy
04-22-2014, 06:59 PM
The latest 10 day forecast says Wed, 4/30 is expected to have rain with a high of 45 and a low of 36.

Thursday, 5/1 is showing cloudy skies with a high of 60 and a low of 39.

It's too early for Friday and Saturday in the 10 day forecast.