PDA

View Full Version : I am a handicapped person having a yearning for a Can Am Spyder

kricha6431
04-05-2014, 01:33 PM
I am new here, and a hankering for a Spyder. I have been to a Neuropathy Dr. back 20 years ago to see about my walking problems and found nothing, NOTHING, as to an explanation for why i was having problems walking, but it progressed to the point I had to use a walker for short walks and an electric wheel chair or scooter when going to the mall or wherever! But I DO NOT let it bother me what so ever, I JUsT GO
and i will live life the best i can.
NOW, is there a way to mount a walker to a Spyder, maybe behind the Driver in the Passenger seat or maybe the side of the Spyder out of the way as to not interfere with getting o/off the Spider? i have good balance sitting but not standing!
And what about a trailer or some other way of carrying a power chair/scooter? i have set on a Spyder RT at my local Dealer at Beaumont Tractor and i love the feel without needing ANY modifications done for me of any kind.I am most interested in the Spyder RS or RS S or maybe the ST, the RT would be nise later after i get used to one as i don't want to do any long distance traveling, until i get comfortable with RS or RS S.

I can't ride a 2wheel motorcycle for lack of balance but do have 3 wheel bicycle that i LOVE, so IT HAS TO BE a 3 wheel motorcycle for me. as i have had a lot of LOVE for motorcycles all my life, but it PISSES ME OFF that i can't ride a 2 wheeler motorcycle :mad:?

Chupaca
04-05-2014, 01:48 PM
We have many handicap ryders here. They carry canes, crutches, walkers and wheelchairs. You can search this site and find information on the subject. In the forum section you have the enable spyder lovers..you can do it..hope to see you on the road...:2thumbs:

MidTNDawg
04-05-2014, 01:52 PM
you unqualified permission to ride one? If so, there will be a way to accomplish all the things you have asked about from the walker to the power scooter. Each item should be addressed one by one. But it is all possible and with a minimum of difficulty. And after over 600K miles on 2 wheels, I will assure you that you will be missing out on very little. The main things, freedom, wind in your hair, open skies, are all here. Good luck!

kricha6431
04-05-2014, 01:59 PM
thanks to both of you

ARtraveler
04-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Where there is a will, there is a way. Sure you have heard that many times, but it is true.

Others have mentioned threads. See Enabled Spyder Rider Forum on this site. Lots of threads, ideas, etc.

Every piece of equipment mentioned has been carried on or with the :spyder2:.

A trip to a :spyder2: dealer to test sit, etc. which one may be best for your needs, is in order.

Good hunting and let us know how this progresses for you.

Bob Denman
04-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the Party!! :yes::ohyea::yes: :2thumbs:
There's LOTS of ways to hook a walker or wheelchair to a :spyder2: :thumbup:
There's an "enabled" section here... Dig around a bit, and you'll find all sorts of cool ideas!
In the meantime; :welcome:

Fat Crip
04-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi, if you look in the enabled ryders section you'll see Henning's video where he carries a walker on his GS. There are plenty more of people with wheelchairs.

I used to carry a GO-GO Elite Travaler Plus scooter on the back rack of my Can Am Outlander, but it's too big and heavy for my Spider, so I'm looking in to a Freerider Luggie scooter instead which I'm sure I'll be able to get on the rack/passenger seat of my STS. Including the battery, it's well under 30Kg (say 60 pounds) and only about 18" x 24" x12" (estimated) when folded. That, plus my 120Kg bulk, still leaves over 50Kg for other luggage and there is no time or distance that I can't enjoy with no more than the 44 litres/16Kg that the frunck can hold. All I need is the £2,500 ($4,500) that a
Luggie costs this side of the pond... or a cheap purchase off eBay!

Eric

kricha6431
04-05-2014, 03:16 PM
thanks for the tip!

sjcpanther
04-05-2014, 04:39 PM
I believe Seal Floorboards has a way to mount a chair using the trailer hitch. They are a site sponser.

Check out their web site. You can find it on the Home page of this forum.

kricha6431
04-05-2014, 04:56 PM
thanks, whats thw website, please!

sjcpanther
04-05-2014, 05:08 PM
thanks, whats thw website, please!

http://www.sealcreativeconcepts.com/seal-products/seal-golf-walker-tote-spline/