PDA

View Full Version : Does BRP exist for non-PE owners?

go2lkg
08-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Has anyone who is NOT a Premier Edition owner heard word one from BRP after they purchased their Spyder? I bought my bike in early May of this year and have not seen ANYTHING...no owners card, no warranty verification, no don't let the door hit you in the butt, NO NOTHING! I know from the blogs that there as been a maintenance bulletin released from BRP regarding the parking brake and if I wasn't surfing the blogs, I wouldn't have known about it! I am happy with the product and OK with my dealer (still learning about what they are selling) but I don't get why BRP is so hands-off to the community that can offer so much about their latest product...is this how everyone is being treated??? GO2LKG:mad:

Last Spyder
08-25-2008, 11:30 AM
That's OK I picked up my PE in Nov 07 and didn't hear anything till late April 08. It comes to he who sits and waits, or he who bows and scrapes!!!!:bowdown:

NancysToy
08-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Has anyone who is NOT a Premier Edition owner heard word one from BRP after they purchased their Spyder? I bought my bike in early May of this year and have not seen ANYTHING...no owners card, no warranty verification, no don't let the door hit you in the butt, NO NOTHING! I know from the blogs that there as been a maintenance bulletin released from BRP regarding the parking brake and if I wasn't surfing the blogs, I wouldn't have known about it! I am happy with the product and OK with my dealer (still learning about what they are selling) but I don't get why BRP is so hands-off to the community that can offer so much about their latest product...is this how everyone is being treated??? GO2LKG:mad:
We are Premier Edition owners, and have not heard from BRP. I actually sent them an email in that regard, and they replied with a "check's in the mail" sort of answer. That was a couple of months ago. Don't expect a word, not even the number you need to properly register on their site. As to warranty verification, the easiest thing is to have the dealer check the computer to see that you are properly registered. I had to do this to be sure. The parking brake issue was reported to dealers. It was not a recall, but a service bulletin, as I understand it. That means no owner notification. If you complain to the dealer about parking brake problems, they will get the replacement parts from BRP.
-Scotty

go2lkg
08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Sorry PE owners...didn't mean to exclude, but I wrongly assumed that becuase you were receiving jackets, pins, etc, that BRP was at least acknowledging you...my bad. GO2LKG :opps:

Greg H.
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Regarding the PE Editions: what is the difference between those and the non PE editions, besides the stickers on the steering yoke? I have been wondering that. Is it nothing more than a number? :)

Lamonster
08-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Have not had an email from them in a while but when I did the same info was posted here.
http://spyderryder.brp.com/spyder-community/en-US/Home.html

bigdave18629
08-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I received a survey card in the mail. They wanted me to fill out an online survey but all of the questions were about the dealer that I bought it from and nothing about BRP.

retread
08-25-2008, 04:43 PM
I got the jacket (it took the dealer 30 minutes to find it), but I've asked about the membership card several times. No answer, no reaction, no nothing.

BRPjunkie
08-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure if it is a Canadian thing or just a philosophy that BRP sells to dealers and dealers sell to customers. Since I bought my 1988 Sea Doo and subsequent BRP products, they have never shown an interest in talking to customers. I buy BRP products because they have been innovative and reliable and I have had a good dealer willing to resolve issues.

tatt2r
08-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Regarding the PE Editions: what is the difference between those and the non PE editions, besides the stickers on the steering yoke? I have been wondering that. Is it nothing more than a number? :)

dont forget the new non pe bikes have a cap over the rear axle nut ...

docdoru
08-25-2008, 08:38 PM
After 100 days of ownership and several emails, this was the BRP answer:

"Thank you for updating us on the fact that you have not yet received your welcome packet.
We are aware of a delay in getting the packet out to some people form the production company of the packets.
We are working with them to make sure that every single Spyder owner, like yourself, who have been extremely patient receives their packet as soon as possible.
We have confirmed that your correct information is on the distribution list.
Ride Safe,
Spyder Team"

Smylinacha
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Haven't received or heard a damn thing - not a PE owner either. I'd rather just talk to my dealer anyway - he's cool.

bjt
08-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Almost all of the communication I have gotten from BRP seems to take a while. Placed my deposit in August, got my PE jacket in a few months (dealer notified me), got a PE owner packet (map, card, etc.) sometime after the first of the year, got my PE Spyder in March (dealer notified), I think I got the Best Plus acknowledgement and card about June, I got a request to fill out an online questionaire around that same time.