PDA

View Full Version : Sat April 6 - anyone doin an all day ride??t

TuckMiddle
04-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Sat looks like the best ride day and I'm lookin for a good destination and a few Spyder riders. Meet most anywhere and ride to most Anyplace. The Pocket state park area is tucked away in the great hilly/terrific riding area north of Rome. Nice picnic area, restrooms and interesting area. Or someone said maybe The Little River area. Nice riding and scenery for your photo album.
Tuck

Cavman
04-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Not me....no bike.

MikeinGA
04-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Not me....no bike.

If yours is an SE5 the Hydrauliic Control Module comes in to play and I had a map sensor go bad and the clutch chatter when I pulled out. I hope they find the problem soon. Maybe new dealer/tech can find the problem.

Mike

Cavman
04-04-2014, 07:54 PM
This is the third time they have worked on the bike. First was a warranty repair. It chattered after I picked it up in September and was leaking oil from the repair. Took it back so they could stop the leak with 'O' rings. Still leaked but not as much. Now they have it again and not sure if BEST warrantry will cover it? If not, it will cost me $1200. There is no guarentee if will be right?

TuckMiddle
04-06-2014, 06:32 AM
In theory, if they do not get it right, the subsequent repairs should be on them. BMP requested the part be sent to the factory, right

Cavman
04-06-2014, 11:05 AM
I was hold that BRP requested several parts to look at by the girl service writer. When I talked to the guy service writer, he said he didn't know anything about that? He said they would do the repairs and then submit them to BEST to see if they would cover the repair? BEST would have to look at the old parts to make a determination?

I'm thinking the "left hand doesn't know what the right is doing" as the saying goes, in their shop? One tells me BRP wants parts and the other doesn't know anything about that?
And here I am with nothing ride in beautiful weather.

If I were to upgrade in a newer model I sure wouldn't purchase it from those :cus:.
Looks like I may have to find another dealer to have my Spyder serviced. This is the second dealer I've gone through.

It has been suggested several times I load it on the trailer and take it to Cowtown in Cuba, MO where they have one of the best Spyder mechanics in the country. I figure I have to "go through the process" with Freedom since they first tried the warranty repair thru BRP.
If they don't get it right this time, I may be dropping off at Cowtown?