04-02-2014, 06:40 PM
http://www.lindsayroland.com/pdf/AddingRisers_toSpyderST.pdf

Shifty49
09-17-2014, 09:56 AM
http://www.lindsayroland.com/pdf/AddingRisers_toSpyderST.pdf

Many Thanks! Will check this out!:clap:

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-17-2014, 08:09 PM
http://www.lindsayroland.com/pdf/AddingRisers_toSpyderST.pdf.......Are there major differences between the 2013 ST handle-bars and the 2014 RT handle-bars ??????? ........Thanks Mikeguyver :thumbup:

AY4B
09-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Im new to My spyder, only 600 miles so far but when I turn, the bars hit me on the knee. Im tall and on my older Bike I could do a simple adjustment to stop that. Is there any adjustment to the spyder? I am 6"3 so my long legs get in the way.

spyderfish
08-26-2015, 10:44 AM
But cannot seem to get the left control cluster off the stub bar.

I have taken off the 4 screws that hold the front part of the cluster to the back half that is attached to the bar. I cannot seem to get the front half totally free, it is hanging up on something inside the cluster.

The service manual doesn't say much, except remove the front from the back...

Any advice here???

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-26-2015, 12:22 PM
But cannot seem to get the left control cluster off the stub bar.

I have taken off the 4 screws that hold the front part of the cluster to the back half that is attached to the bar. I cannot seem to get the front half totally free, it is hanging up on something inside the cluster.

The service manual doesn't say much, except remove the front from the back...

Any advice here???

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Hi, I think the control housings are pretty much the same .............My GS and my RSS had a small plastic " NUB " inside , that sticks out quite a bit.......so you may have to loosen the bolts/screws more than you have to get it to slide off...........This NUB goes into a hole in the handelbars and is what prevents the unit from rotating......because you could never get it tight enough to prevent it otherwise ............Mike :thumbup:

spyderfish
08-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Thanx Blueknight and Ccol for paving the way here. Turns out that the Control clusters do not need to be detached, the old stub bar fits into the new riser perfectly, the controls can remain on the stub bar as installed. The new bar that comes with the EZ Riser can be cut on both ends and used to attach the riser arm to the handlebars, this keeps the key engaged in the bar lock to act as a safety of last resort if the clamp should loosen.

I had to ignore the instructions that come with the EZ Risers, they apply to older RS/GS. Custom Dynamics did not offer any help for an STS install, they declared it "custom application", which I understand is the safe thing to do.

Great installation, feels great, I am sure this will eliminate a lot of upper back and shoulder pain.:thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114693&stc=1

I did however crack one of the plastic handlebar backs, so I will need to replace this, but other than that, I think this will prove to be a great investment.

Thanx again to all who trod down this path before me and blazed the trail.:yes::yes:

pitzerwm
08-26-2015, 08:47 PM
I did however crack one of the plastic handlebar backs, so I will need to replace this, but other than that, I think this will prove to be a great investment.

Until you actually get a replacement, I'd try think CA/Superglue/Epoxy.

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Until you actually get a replacement, I'd try think CA/Superglue/Epoxy.

:agree::agree::agree:........Absolutely........... .Mike ..............Also thanks for the PICS......I had never seen this done on an STS set of handlebars before ..............Almost everyone else swaps them out for the RT ones ....but that is a bit expensive or the TRI- AX which is even more expensive ............I think they look great......................Mike :thumbup:

ShadyGrady
10-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Spyderfish,
Custom Dynamics states that their Easy Risers will not work on Spyders with the 1" Can-Am riser. Did you have to remove your 1" spacer (I understand that the 2013 ST has it already installed) or were you able to mount the Easy Risers with it still in place?
Thanks for any light you can shed on the installation. My Easy Risers arrived today and I am anxious not get started.
Thanks,
ShadyGrady