PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gear Hesistation SE transmission

Steve67
04-02-2014, 02:26 PM
After spending a winter in the garage I brought out my spyder for a couple of short runs around town. Started it and let it warm up and off I go in first gear. I upshift to 2nd and the clutch is hesitating and then grabs in 2nd gear....no grinding.....just seems to hesitate for a few seconds. Up shift to 3rd no issues and onward. Stop the bike to run errands and no issues. I take the bike out again a couple of days later and again the same hesitation when upshifting in 2nd. It only happens once upon initial startup. No issues when I downshift back to 1st and then up shift again. I'm heading to dealer for service bulletin in the next month so will get them to look at it. Really confusing.

billybovine
04-02-2014, 03:18 PM
After spending a winter in the garage I brought out my spyder for a couple of short runs around town. Started it and let it warm up and off I go in first gear. I upshift to 2nd and the clutch is hesitating and then grabs in 2nd gear....no grinding.....just seems to hesitate for a few seconds. Up shift to 3rd no issues and onward. Stop the bike to run errands and no issues. I take the bike out again a couple of days later and again the same hesitation when upshifting in 2nd. It only happens once upon initial startup. No issues when I downshift back to 1st and then up shift again. I'm heading to dealer for service bulletin in the next month so will get them to look at it. Really confusing.

It could be you! If you roll on a small amount of throttle during the shift for some reason the shift computer takes a stupid long time to feather in the clutch. But it's easy to rule this out. Go for another drive and pay attention to how you handle the throttle. If the problem is still there then at least one possible cause is eliminated.

SPYD1
04-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Make sure the revs are up there...

Bob Ledford
04-02-2014, 06:58 PM
My 2011 RTL, SE-5, does that about once a month be it warm,hot,cool or cold weather . I will add that it never sit for more then five days without getting run for five miles or more. Personnally I think it is a function of time, engine heat, RPM's as it comes and goes when, it wants too! I consider it to being a idiosyncrasy of a Spyder.

NetJunkie
04-02-2014, 07:56 PM
My 2011 RTL, SE-5, does that about once a month be it warm,hot,cool or cold weather . I will add that it never sit for more then five days without getting run for five miles or more. Personnally I think it is a function of time, engine heat, RPM's as it comes and goes when, it wants too! I consider it to being a idiosyncrasy of a Spyder.

I'm seeing the same thing on my 2013 RS-S. I road 2.5 hours tonight with a stop for awesome NC BBQ in the middle. The only times that it did it were on the way back. I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce it. It's not a big deal...it just hesitates going in to second sometimes.