PDA

View Full Version : Spider time?

drifter
08-23-2008, 07:47 PM
How long has the spider actually been shipping? FEB of 07? I'm wondering cuz I ordered one last week and the dealer couln't give me an exact delivery date...sometime before 31 OCT 08 is all he can say. I would like to think that the production of this bike is now faster and I could get one within a week or two. Am I just dreaming?

bjt
08-24-2008, 08:21 AM
I think the first Spyders were shipped in Sept. or Oct. of last year. The reports on this forum have the delivery times getting shorter as time goes on. The delivery estimates are dependent on what model and color you ordered. Silver or Yellow SM5s have been delivered quicker than red SM5s or any color of SE5 but that may be changing now as the reds and SE5s have been shipping pretty steady for a few weeks now. Also, if you shop around a bit, you may be able to find a dealer who has a new Spyder for sale sitting on the showroom floor, no wait. Yes, some dealers do have a Spyder or two in stock. As to the Oct. 31 delivery date you have been given, in many cases, the dealers delivery date has been overly cautious and the actual delivery has been sooner.

Greg H.
08-24-2008, 08:37 AM
in many cases, the dealers delivery date has been overly cautious and the actual delivery has been sooner.

Not so in my case! :mad::D My dealer was pretty optimistic that I might be getting my SM5 sooner than Sept. (I ordered it July 3rd). He even indicated that some arrived to him in under 3 weeks. But, just a couple of weeks ago is when he told me that he found out the Spyder assembly line shuts down for 3 weeks in July for routine maintenance! Ha! Talk about bad timing!!! :clap:Ha! But; that's okay! It's given me time to get my motorcycle license. And, of course, my helmet hasn't arrived either. :cheers:
And, yes; ever night is like Christmas Eve! :)

bjt
08-24-2008, 08:56 AM
:D Thats why I said "many cases" and not something like every or all. I think that your dealer may have been guesstimating your delivery date. An official BRP date would have been more accurate as BRP knows when they shut down production for line maintenance.

Greg H.
08-24-2008, 09:01 AM
:D Thats why I said "many cases" and not something like every or all. I think that your dealer may have been guesstimating your delivery date. An official BRP date would have been more accurate as BRP knows when they shut down production for line maintenance.

Yeah! And, it's cool. The past 7+ weeks have been fun. :clap: