PDA

View Full Version : SpyderFest

fireplug98
04-01-2014, 12:00 PM
SpyderFest is coming up fast !!!! :yes::ohyea::clap::2thumbs::yes:

Tommy J.

eagle
04-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I am ready to pack and go now because I just seen the forecast for the rest of the week, dare I say that nasty word = SNOW. Ok I will not say it again this spring.

BeardedDBA
04-01-2014, 06:51 PM
SpyderFest is coming up fast !!!! :yes::ohyea::clap::2thumbs::yes:

Tommy J.

I know. I can't wait. :2excited: I had the Spyder out this past Sunday and got 150 miles in. :ohyea:168 days between rides is an AWFUL long time to wait.

A little over a month ago I didn't know what a FARKLE was. Now I've got a few on order (SpyderPops BumpSkids, Custom Dynamics LED HMT Brake Light). I'm bringing my RT622 trailer to Spyderfest with full expectations of pulling it back home full of FARKLE treasures.:yes:

Will the Minnesota SpyderLovers be caravanning down as a group? Or are we all on our own schedules? I intend to make the estimated 600 mile, 9 hr ride down on Tuesday the 29th. It kinda looks foolish now that I see it in print.:opps:

Cruzr Joe
04-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I know. I can't wait. :2excited: I had the Spyder out this past Sunday and got 150 miles in. :ohyea:168 days between rides is an AWFUL long time to wait.

A little over a month ago I didn't know what a FARKLE was. Now I've got a few on order (SpyderPops BumpSkids, Custom Dynamics LED HMT Brake Light). I'm bringing my RT622 trailer to Spyderfest with full expectations of pulling it back home full of FARKLE treasures.:yes:

Will the Minnesota SpyderLovers be caravanning down as a group? Or are we all on our own schedules? I intend to make the estimated 600 mile, 9 hr ride down on Tuesday the 29th. It kinda looks foolish now that I see it in print.:opps:

600 miles in 9 hours?? Whew, that is ambitious, especially pulling a trailer. Good luck and be safe.

Cruzr Joe

BeardedDBA
04-02-2014, 05:11 AM
600 miles in 9 hours?? Whew, that is ambitious, especially pulling a trailer. Good luck and be safe.

Cruzr Joe

Well... That's the bing maps estimate. Which assumes nonstop.

I image I'll need to stop for gas, nutritional breaks, gas, use of facilities, gas, etc.
Then there's the unexpected road construction (if any). Not sure about this time of year. :sour:
With my luck, I'll most likely be hitting Kansas City near afternoon rush-hour. I may have to use the "recalculating" feature of my GPS. ;)

It'll be a pilgrimage. That's for sure.

pil·grim·age [ pílgrimij ]

1.religious journey: a journey to a holy place, undertaken for religious reasons
2.trip to special place: a journey to a place with special significance

For me, both definitions apply. :D

Paula(Butch2025)
04-02-2014, 06:20 AM

There a few different groups heading down to Spyderfest.....and I'm sure after posting this they will all be chiming in with their schedules. Saddly Butch and I can't leave until after work on the 29th :sour: so we'll be stopping somewhere in Iowa for the night and riding in to Springfield mid-day on the 30th.
If you can, try to make it up for our first ride of the season out of Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN. I bet ya Spyderfest will be the hot topic of the day! and you'll get to meet a whole bunch of great Minnesota Spyderlovers. :clap:

mnpops
04-05-2014, 12:10 PM
KATHY and I will be going to be leaving on the 20th heading to N.C. then leaving for Spyderfest on the 28th from there