PDA

View Full Version : My physical therapist said it would be good for me...

RedHat
04-01-2014, 11:28 AM
...And it has been. I'm walking more and riding less. Had left-side weakness and shifting the manual transmission helped improve my strength & coordination. I haven't been on these boards much but I found this forum and thought I'd start here. Hello!

Chupaca
04-01-2014, 01:45 PM
These machines have been very theraputic for me. Just had back surgery and missed out about a week of ryding. Got a foot brace and around my wife then back on the road. Have always found motorcycles better on my back than cars. May be just my condition. Glad it has helped you as well..!! :thumbup:

Fat Crip
04-01-2014, 01:54 PM
If I'd listened to my physiotherapist, I'd still be in bed most of the day or wheeling about in a chair and if I had the temerity to actually stand up, I'd have to use two full crutches. Oh and no stairs! Instead, I just got on with it and walk with a single walking stick and my wheelchair is in a shed at the bottom of the garden. She was way too timid; paranoid that I'd injuries myself! I wonder what she'd think of my quading experiences and my riding the Spyder? I'm only paralysed, not dead!

Highwayman2013
04-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Welcome! Sometimes you have to prove professionals wrong, it's good motivation!

Dan_Ashley
04-01-2014, 03:08 PM
I retired 9 years ago. Weight 260, fasting blood sugar 110, blood pressure 156/83, cholesterol 208, pulse 68.

I walk 4 miles daily. Ryde almost every afternoon--unless it is raining--only one week of rain this year...

now I am: weight 185, fasting blood sugar 91, blood pressure 118/58, cholesterol 140, pulse 55.

The Spyder has been real good to me.

ARtraveler
04-01-2014, 03:12 PM
:welcome: :spyder2: therapy can't hurt. :yes::yes:

Ctcc73
04-07-2014, 02:35 AM
I was electrocuted two years ago and have not had any feeling from my right hand through my right arm, down my back and my left leg from the top of my hip down have no feeling. My friend brought his Spyder over and has taken me out on it this last whole week and have stated to get some feeling back into my arm. He said for me just to get out and ride again and that might to the trick. He called it The Spyder Cure. Hope for a speedee recovery for everyone that is hurt. Take care.

Bob Denman
04-07-2014, 02:32 PM
Here's to hoping that you can make a full recovery! :cheers: :thumbup:

RedHat
07-09-2014, 01:37 AM
I thought I had things set up so I'd know when somebody replied to my post. Guess I didn't do it right. Today I visited again to post a thread elsewhere.

Thanks for the good thoughts and comments.

I've decided, though, to put my Spyder up for sale. My hands go numb and I had a scare when I didn't think I'd make it home one dark night on the freeway - couldn't use the clutch!

I made it home, mentally crossing my fingers. I would have had a problem if I'd needed to shift suddenly or make an emergency maneuver. I didn't want to pull over on the freeway in the dark, in the country, five miles from home.

I'm sorry I didn't find you guys and gals sooner.

sddinnh
07-16-2014, 12:15 PM
I thought I had things set up so I'd know when somebody replied to my post. Guess I didn't do it right. Today I visited again to post a thread elsewhere.

Thanks for the good thoughts and comments.

I've decided, though, to put my Spyder up for sale. My hands go numb and I had a scare when I didn't think I'd make it home one dark night on the freeway - couldn't use the clutch!

I made it home, mentally crossing my fingers. I would have had a problem if I'd needed to shift suddenly or make an emergency maneuver. I didn't want to pull over on the freeway in the dark, in the country, five miles from home.

I'm sorry I didn't find you guys and gals sooner.

You could always trade it for an SE model. No clutch :2thumbs:

Bfromla
02-12-2015, 11:09 PM
So i was suck in bead for months or so after my injury, lost 100pounds (hard way) most of was mussle mass 20%a day fyi. As i healed i did the therapy & exersise (when i wasnt puking) & got fuctionly able to grow wasnt till i prover to myself & world i could ride again. Did i get my upper coller size back & look like Me. There was no therapy exersise thatcould work all the proper mussles & cordination safely forthem to let me try. My spyder fixedthat they feel im safer, im happy &13k miles in loving it. Needs proper medical certifaction to make some ppl happy but they cant beet the facts!:banghead: