PDA

View Full Version : VENT - Corbin

Parriska
04-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Hey all,

We bought a seat and driver's backrest from Corbin on 3/1/14 and picked the seat up at the store in Daytona. The driver's backrest had to be ordered, as they did not have it in stock. We were told that it would take 2-3 weeks for a backrest to be delivered. After 3 weeks we called Corbin to get a status. They said that the backrest was shipped and that a tracking number would be sent via email. No email was sent. We waited about 3 days and called back. Our salesperson said that the backrest was never shipped and he would check on it and work late to call us back. We waited that evening, but he never called back.

Has anyone else had any problems with Corbin? Don't understand why Utopia can make and deliver a backrest in about 5 days and Corbin can't get one to us in 4 weeks. We have not put the bike seat on yet as we have been waiting for the backrest. I am about ready to return the seat and order from Ultimate!

So sorry, we are not people who normally "slams" companies as sometimes there are errors. However, nobody can give us an answer and we are getting frustrated!

Thanks so much for your input!!

MidTNDawg
04-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Mike Corbin is a really good man, ask for him when you call again. Secondly, comparing Utopia to Corbin is apples and oranges, a small to a very big. No mistake, I like Utopia, and I also like Corbin as I have had both. But bad things do happen.

CentralCoastCA
04-01-2014, 10:13 AM
We were just at the Corbin factory in Hollister last Saturday, getting a seat installed. I am surprised that you don't have an answer as everyone there appeared very customer oriented. We met Mike Corbin (super neat guy) and I agree with the above, he'll want to know about your concerns. Call the California store and ask to speak to him or the sales supervisors about the backrest.

FYI, they were super busy at the factory and it was a 4-6 week wait for orders to get fulfilled according to the tech we had.

Parriska
04-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Right now, we feel like we have paid for the seat and backrest and after 4 weeks can't get a straight answer from the staff. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us some positive feedback! We are fairly new riders and were hoping that we didn't make a mistake by buying from Corbin.

Thanks again!!

Parriska
04-01-2014, 10:33 AM
We also liked the staff in the Daytona store and if he would have told us 6 weeks for a drivers backrest to begin with, we would have expected that timeframe. Maybe we expect too much, but we also anticipated that if it ran over the 2-3 week timeframe given, we would receive an email stating that they were delayed. Right now, we have called twice and received two different answers. I think our main complaint is that we were told it was shipped, waited for the shipment, and then told that it wasn't even shipped. They would check on it and call us back, then didn't! We are going to give him today to call us back. If not, will take everyones advice and escallate.

Thanks so much for your input! We really appreciate it. I am just glad to know that others have had such positive experiences.

ARtraveler
04-01-2014, 03:28 PM
It has been a couple years since reading a complaint on Corbin customer relations. They do have good products and most of the time keep you informed. Asking to talk with Mike may be the way to go. Previous complaints had to do with bad(unknowing) personnel taking care of information about where's my order?

I ordered stuff from them in 2008 and 2009 and it took a couple months to get our special fairings. My last seat and backrest (2010) only took a couple weeks.

I have also had both flavors of backrests. As posted above apples and oranges.

Parriska
04-01-2014, 03:54 PM
We called the California store a few minutes ago and spoke to a nice lady who answered the phone. She gave us the tracking number and said it was shipped FEDX yesterday. The expected received date is 4/7/14. Why it was so hard to give us an update from the Daytona store, I don't know. We never received a call back as promised or a tracking number from the Daytona Store and.

Honestly, this has been such a fiasco we will probably never order from Corbin again!

Thanks everyone for your positive input. It really helps to get other's opinions and eases the frustration level. It's an honor to be a part of such an awesome group!!

Bob Denman
04-01-2014, 04:42 PM
:congrats: Let us know when you get it, and stomp it into place, on the bike! :thumbup:

PW2013STL
04-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear that they shipped your order, because when you stated that you may just return the seat I was going to point out that Corbin doesn't accept returns. Once you buy it you own it.
One of the reasons I no longer buy Corbin's.