PDA

View Full Version : bugs and leaves

acinpcola
03-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Hey there all you 2014 RT ryders. Has anyone thought of a way to keep the bugs, leaves, and cigarette buts out of the front of the RTs. Every time I go out for a ryde I wind up having to clean out the two spaces in the front of the spyder. The reverse fans blow out the heat but not what gets caught up in there. Maybe an inventor can figure something out. Never had this problem with the 2011, actually more of a pain than a problem. Will be heading down to Kissimmee, FL. in a week and trying to figure a way to keep the road trash out of there.

Bob Denman
03-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Hi Al!
I've been hoping that the aftermarket will step in with a nice set of radiator guards that are STRONG... and chromed! :D
And have a fun trip! Take lots of pictures for the rest of us! :2thumbs:

ulflyer
03-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Perhaps a finer mesh screen that could be easily removed for cleaning?

acinpcola
03-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Hi Al!
I've been hoping that the aftermarket will step in with a nice set of radiator guards that are STRONG... and chromed! :D
And have a fun trip! Take lots of pictures for the rest of us! :2thumbs:

Pictures will be taken for sure Bob. On the 7th we are meeting long time friends for a late lunch at Joe's Crab Shack in Celebration, one of them works for the mouse and am gonna ask if they know where I may be able to get a secret pic of the spyder and something that belongs to the mouse. May even swing by Central Florida Power Sports so they can visit with the bike :roflblack:.

Bob Denman
03-28-2014, 05:24 PM
I'd like something with a bit of... armor to it! :2thumbs:
Those radiators siut pretty low and vulnerable! :shocked:

acinpcola
03-28-2014, 05:25 PM
:agree: hope someone after market looks into it.

SPYDERPOPS
03-28-2014, 05:44 PM
:agree: hope someone after market looks into it.

We are already on it! Stay tuned!

SpyderAnn01
03-28-2014, 05:47 PM
I wish that bugs and butts were all that got caught in mine. The RT is a tumbleweed magnet and they are prickly plants. I am going to start vacuuming them out instead of getting poked in the fingers.

Bob Denman
03-28-2014, 05:52 PM

I figured that you'd have those gears grinding... :2thumbs: :clap: :thumbup:

Tell Joe to "leak" some pics of them! :D

SPYD1
03-28-2014, 06:09 PM
Looks like there is plenty of people ready to prototype something!:cheers:

Cruzr Joe
03-28-2014, 07:39 PM

I am not allowed to talk about it but Spyderpops has a great item coming up. i may have photos for you on Monday (the day i retire and then go visit Spyderpops) :thumbup:

Like he said, Stay tuned we have been talking about this for a little while and Harvey is on top of it. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

acinpcola
03-28-2014, 09:46 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::cheers:(Cognac not beer):bbq::bbq::cheers::cheers:(more cognac) waiting can be fun;):ohyea::ohyea:

SpyderAnn01
03-28-2014, 09:49 PM
I am not allowed to talk about it but Spyderpops has a great item coming up. i may have photos for you on Monday (the day i retire and then go visit Spyderpops) :thumbup:

Like he said, Stay tuned we have been talking about this for a little while and Harvey is on top of it. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Retirement on Monday? Congratulations.

Blue Star
03-28-2014, 09:53 PM

Last day of the month is always the start of retirement. My question is will Cruzr Joe call in sick? :roflblack:

Blue Star
03-28-2014, 09:55 PM
I wish that bugs and butts were all that got caught in mine. The RT is a tumbleweed magnet and they are prickly plants. I am going to start vacuuming them out instead of getting poked in the fingers.

On my test bikes I got leaves, cigarette butts, and two time pieces of cardboard. I wish I was handy enough to figure out how to make a guard type of thing, and I would have.

Cruzr Joe
03-28-2014, 09:56 PM

YEP, Monday I will ride my Spyder to work, pick up my final paycheck and ride into the wind. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
03-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Last day of the month is always the start of retirement. My question is will Cruzr Joe call in sick? :roflblack:

Can't call in sick, Might miss out on something and won't be able to pick up my final check.

Cruzr Joe

Purple Guy
03-29-2014, 10:02 AM
YEP, Monday I will ride my Spyder to work, pick up my final paycheck and ride into the wind. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

:congrats: Joe!

My you be blessed with many years of good health and many miles of safe open roads!

Bob Denman
03-29-2014, 10:44 AM
:congrats: on making it official... :2thumbs:
Now; we need the pictures!! :nopic:
Al & I are gonna have to make another run to the Cognac Store soon... :cheers:

Idaspud
03-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Hey there all you 2014 RT ryders. Has anyone thought of a way to keep the bugs, leaves, and cigarette buts out of the front of the RTs. Every time I go out for a ryde I wind up having to clean out the two spaces in the front of the spyder. The reverse fans blow out the heat but not what gets caught up in there. Maybe an inventor can figure something out. Never had this problem with the 2011, actually more of a pain than a problem. Will be heading down to Kissimmee, FL. in a week and trying to figure a way to keep the road trash out of there.

Have not tried it yet but I believe a fine mesh screen door material cut to just fit the opening with tabs attached for easy grasping to pull out might just be the answer. A friend of mine suggested this to me when I was complaining about some leaves and a small tumbleweed that had got caught in the opening. Seems reasonable!:dontknow:

ponyexp
03-29-2014, 01:09 PM
I agree with some type of screen but not too fine or we will restrict air flow and open another can of worms.
Ride safe (waiting for my new RT to come in):bowdown:

Bob Denman
03-29-2014, 01:22 PM
I'd like to see something that'll discourage the odd rock or squirrel from busting a hole in those radiators... :shocked:

acinpcola
03-29-2014, 01:36 PM
:congrats: on making it official... :2thumbs:
Now; we need the pictures!! :nopic:
Al & I are gonna have to make another run to the Cognac Store soon... :cheers:

Yo Bob, come on over I still have half a case left...

Bob Denman
03-29-2014, 01:40 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_110.gif On my way! :D :thumbup: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_110.gif