PDA

View Full Version : Spyder in the Keys

Rid'nrandy
03-28-2014, 12:47 PM
85500:yes::yes:

I think this is on Marathon Key. We spent the night in Key West and this is while on our way back to the mainland. Took a while to find a spot for the shot. The weather has been great during the whole trip! We are now on Cocoa Beach. The only issue we've had is someone broke our radio antennae. We've ridden a little over 2,000 miles so far. Will be back in Iowa on April 5th. Hope the weather there has improved significantly by then.

Cruzr Joe
03-28-2014, 12:57 PM
i am really jealous.

antennas are bad about breaking all by themselves,do you have a gremlin bell?? that might protect the antenna.

cruzr Joe

Rid'nrandy
03-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Joe,
No Gremlin bell. We will try one more OEM antennae and if it breaks I will probably look at something different/shorter/stronger. I kind of wondered if it might be a weak antennae to begin with. We don't listen to the radio that much while we are riding anyway.

Thanks!
Randy

napper39
03-28-2014, 01:06 PM
i got the rubber duckey short antina and it works fine bought mine from advanced auto parts store and thry helped me put it on about 18 dollars.works grate.and ive been there a lot of times i lived in florita city not too far from there while i was stationd in home sted air base in 1963,but i would liked to be there riding with you guys in sted of here in kansas its 40 here today and was 65 yester day with ran and tornadoes all around us.

Rid'nrandy
03-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Thanks Napper - I will look into that antennae. We have had great weather so far (been on the road over a week). My wife is a Presbyterian Pastor and I think she has been keeping us in good standing with her prayers. We go to Orlando for five days next. Then we will be working our way back home.

Bob Denman
03-28-2014, 01:17 PM
That's a beautiful picture, of a beautiful bike! :2thumbs:
Cognac; anyone? :D

ARtraveler
03-28-2014, 01:18 PM
There is something nice about palm trees and :spyder2:'s. If I go back to Maui, I will try to rent a :ani29: again.

Rid'nrandy
03-28-2014, 01:38 PM
That's a beautiful picture, of a beautiful bike! :2thumbs:
Cognac; anyone? :D

Bob,
We have been inundated with attention. People looking, asking about it and wanting to take our pictures. Had a couple in Key West stop us on the main drag to take our picture (actually probably to take a picture of the Spyder and trailer - we just happened to be on it). We've gotten numerous waves and thumbs up while going down the Interstate highway. An employee at the Double Tree we are staying at on Cocoa Beach said he's been thinking about getting one. I told him to take a test ryde and he won't be just thinking about it.

Back to the Beach

Bob Denman
03-28-2014, 01:46 PM
And I truly admire your taste in bikes! :D :thumbup:

Rid'nrandy
03-28-2014, 03:21 PM
And I truly admire your taste in bikes! :D :thumbup:

Thank! I've never tasted Cognac, but it rydes real nice!:clap:

jtoro1
03-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks Napper - I will look into that antennae. We have had great weather so far (been on the road over a week). My wife is a Presbyterian Pastor and I think she has been keeping us in good standing with her prayers. We go to Orlando for five days next. Then we will be working our way back home.

Check wallmart shorty rubber ducky $8, I have it works good

Jim&Teresa
03-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Wow....that's a beautiful picture of your bike and trailer! :firstplace::2thumbs::clap::thumbup:

Wish I was there with you all "down south" :gaah: Best regards from your Spyderlover friend in the cold :cus: tundra of Minnesota.....someday we will be south for the winter!! :yes::yes:

BTW...love the color of your bike and trailer!

Vrooom
03-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Check wallmart shorty rubber ducky $8, I have it works good

We have same walmart special-works great-won't go back to long antenna version.

We used to spend much of our winter on Knights Key in Marathon. Fun area and great fishing.
Have a safe finish to your trip.

OldCowboy
03-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Did you get a chance to see the 6-toed cats at Earnest Hemingway's house?

lookerjdc
03-29-2014, 09:07 AM
wish I knew you were down here .... I am in Melbourne

we (my brother and I) are going to be doing a Keys run at the end of the year..

and yes, people breaking the antenna's is a real pain in the ass.... me, Dave & Teddy, and a couple of other people had that happen to us at Spyderfest last year and we spent a day trying to find replacement antennas in Springfield.... lol... but there's a thread buried somewhere on here about that adventure.... actually its in a Dave & Teddy thread..

safe trip home

StanProff
03-29-2014, 11:16 AM
What's with the "A" holes breaking antenna's? Damn!! Excuse me, I mean Dang!

Route1motorsports
03-29-2014, 11:20 AM
If you are still in the Keys, Stop in Islamorada at Bob's Bunz. See if the owner Gloria is around. She is a fellow Spyder Ryder and loves meeting new people. Tell her Ben from Route 1 told you to stop by. Oh and go on an empty stomach! They have the best Cinnamon buns and Key Lime cookies in the world!