PDA

View Full Version : Installing my 2011 CB in my 2014

bluestratos
03-27-2014, 06:59 PM
I bought the update parts which to allow the 2011 to work in the 2014. It includes two extension cables for the entertainment harness, a metal brackt(s) to allow the CB to install easier and face forward instead of sideways and a new headset plug in cable for the driver. I have it laid out and it appears pretty straight forward but no instructions come with the wiring, just for the metal bracket, lol. Also, the internal harness for the driver head set comes with no water cover or nut so good thing I pulled out my old one. The headset harnesss how has the opposite sex plug in from the 2011 for some reason.
Has anyone installed this at home yet? Why are the extension so long?

bluestratos
03-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Steve, here is the link to the antenna I am using, it was a huge improvement over the stock setup. I can shoot up to 3 miles now, before it was less than a quarter of a mile. http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=46

stevedfive
03-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Hey buddy, I already installed the J&M antenna. I haven't had an opportunity to test it yet though.

Do you want me to email the 2014 CB and ET harness installation instructions to you? Just text me your email address, I got you covered.

bluestratos
03-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Hi Steve,

I found my old instructions, the only thing I have to go by memory is the correct harness to hook the cell phone harness to. If I recall correctly it is the upper harness (now the one on the right since it goes in pointing down now). I plan to do the install this weekend.

Take care

Randy

stevedfive
03-28-2014, 10:07 AM
After notifying BRP three yrs ago that the cellphone interface installation instructions are incorrect, they still haven't changed them. I had the dealer install the CB/comm system, ET harness, and cellphone interface on my '14 RT. Well, the dealer installed the cellphone cable according to the 3 yr old incorrect instructions and of course it didn't work. So I fixed it a week later. The picture of the connector is correct, but the written instruction is not.

bluestratos
03-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes, this has been of great frustration to a lot of owners that get things installed then do not work. Hopefully Steve from BRP reads this and understands the issue. The instruction are still wrong! lol.

bluestratos
03-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Ok, 2011 CB and blue tooth are installed on the 2014, all is working great so far. 2 down

bluestratos
03-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Houston we have a problem. Went out last night and tried to use phone and CB but phone is acting like it did on the 2011 before Stevefive discovered the instructions were wrong and the cell phone cable was shown hooking up to the wrong cable and the CB is making a steady tone in the background when I key the mike. So...back to the drawing board I guess. I checked the photoI took and the Bluetooth phone cable is installed on the right cable coming out of the CB. Since the upgrade parts they sell to use the 2011 CB on the 2014 are only extensions this is very confusing.

The music plays fine in the Helmut speakers and I have tried them on mute and mixed for the phone but to no avail. The phone dials out but no ring at my end and when it ?answers at the other end they hear static . Anyone out there that done the 2014 install and figured this out yet

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-31-2014, 12:29 PM
Blue, do you have the cell BT adapter between the GPS and radio?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

bluestratos
03-31-2014, 02:40 PM
No, it goes in line with the cb wires and entertainment harness via the extensions. it can go in on either of the two cb connector but it should be the connector furthest from the antenna wire. The radio interface has a unique square block and plugs directly into the actual radio.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-31-2014, 04:05 PM
No, it goes in line with the cb wires and entertainment harness via the extensions. it can go in on either of the two cb connector but it should be the connector furthest from the antenna wire. The radio interface has a unique square block and plugs directly into the actual radio.
The fact it requires the GPS with phone support, and the cable with the plug plugs into the GPS for outgoing signal, is why I'm thinking it needs to be in that part of the harness the GPS is connected to. If not then it would need to be inline with the front headset. Incoming phone call overrides all other audio, right? That's another reason I think it's in the GPS line because that's the signal that overrides other audio. I can't remember the details of my '13 install but the GPS plugs into the entertainment harness if it's being used, right?

Maybe I'm just blathering and need to stay out this discussion! :opps:

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-28-2015, 04:33 PM
I bought the update parts which to allow the 2011 to work in the 2014. It includes two extension cables for the entertainment harness, a metal brackt(s) to allow the CB to install easier and face forward instead of sideways and a new headset plug in cable for the driver. I have it laid out and it appears pretty straight forward but no instructions come with the wiring, just for the metal bracket, lol. Also, the internal harness for the driver head set comes with no water cover or nut so good thing I pulled out my old one. The headset harnesss how has the opposite sex plug in from the 2011 for some reason.
Has anyone installed this at home yet? Why are the extension so long?
Resurrecting an old thread!

Hey Blue, has using a 2011 CB in your 2014 RT been successful? What is the part # for the adapter kit? I just got a 2014 and want to move my CB from my 2013 to it.

JIM EVANS
01-01-2016, 06:39 PM
If you search one of my old posts. It lists them. Was hell till I figured it out with bro that they never changed the instructions and the Dr headset cable and plug in location

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-01-2016, 08:42 PM
If you search one of my old posts. It lists them. Was hell till I figured it out with bro that they never changed the instructions and the Dr headset cable and plug in location
Thanks for the comment. I had completely forgotten that the driver headset plug has been removed from the bike harness. Looks like I'll have to go to the dealer and order the new driver harness, or maybe figure out how to lengthen the one I've got. It looks like in any case I will need to buy the double female connector.