PDA

View Full Version : RT-622 Trailer

Deer Lady
03-26-2014, 01:02 PM
We are looking to buy a RT-622 Trailer. Anyone have one for sail? We are south central USA.

We have found one.

jaherbst
03-26-2014, 04:36 PM
We are looking to buy a RT-622 Trailer. Anyone have one for sail? We are south central USA.

I love my BRP RT 622 trailer. Wouldn't sell it for anything. Check ebay. Some dealers are deep discounting leftover 13's. Should be able to purchase for $1900-$2500. I picked up a matching color 2012 for $1900.

These are great trailers. Do not settle for anything less. They have torsion bar suspension and shocks that you can adjust for the load. ( not to mention they look awesome with the Spyder as they are designed to do. Many other features found only on this trailer also!

Deer Lady
03-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Thanks for tne great information. we will look on ebay.

I love my BRP RT 622 trailer. Wouldn't sell it for anything. Check ebay. Some dealers are deep discounting leftover 13's. Should be able to purchase for $1900-$2500. I picked up a matching color 2012 for $1900.

These are great trailers. Do not settle for anything less. They have torsion bar suspension and shocks that you can adjust for the load. ( not to mention they look awesome with the Spyder as they are designed to do. Many other features found only on this trailer also!

Wwulf76
03-26-2014, 07:56 PM

WOW - You stole that trailer. Our dealership was going to sell us the one they have at their cost which was $4000. I cannot believe you found such a great deal. Great for you. We just picked up a used (barely - not even one long trip) but it was quite a bit more than that.

atitude2
03-27-2014, 12:37 PM
I would agree you almost stole that trailer. Purchased a new 2013 lava brown still in crate at dealers cost 4000.00. Then had to travel to pick up, then traveled some to purchase a hitch because none can be found here locally.

Route1motorsports
03-27-2014, 12:44 PM

What color are you looking for?

Deer Lady
03-27-2014, 05:02 PM
Looking for white trailer to match our two White RT's

ABQSpyder
03-27-2014, 05:16 PM
For a good price color doesn't matter!

C_Boogie
03-27-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm looking for one myself to match the blue that is no longer offered on the current models.

jaherbst
03-27-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm looking for one myself to match the blue that is no longer offered on the current models.

Keep looking they are out there. Ebay, Craigs list and numerous other spider sites. Friend of mine just bought one for $2200 on crags list from a dealer. Check the other spider sights.

These were not a hot selling Item and many dealers still have older model years in stock that they would love to sell at a deep discount or loss. Reason is they are damned expensive.(at least the list price.) Dealer I bought mine from was asking $2500. I offered $1900 plus tax and they took it. It was a 2012 and matched exactly my 2013 RTS SE5. If you compare with Bushtec the list is about $1000 more. There is a tremendous mark up in both the Spyders and the trailers. Do not over pay. I bought a late 2013 with $7495 discount and am quite happy. $2500 of this was factory discount and two extra years of warranty (total four years). Yea I am hard to deal with. I am also a cash customer. (now spending my kids inheritance)

Wwulf76
03-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Keep looking they are out there. Ebay, Craigs list and numerous other spider sites. Friend of mine just bought one for $2200 on crags list from a dealer. Check the other spider sights.

These were not a hot selling Item and many dealers still have older model years in stock that they would love to sell at a deep discount or loss. Reason is they are damned expensive.(at least the list price.) Dealer I bought mine from was asking $2500. I offered $1900 plus tax and they took it. It was a 2012 and matched exactly my 2013 RTS SE5. If you compare with Bushtec the list is about $1000 more. There is a tremendous mark up in both the Spyders and the trailers. Do not over pay. I bought a late 2013 with $7495 discount and am quite happy. $2500 of this was factory discount and two extra years of warranty (total four years). Yea I am hard to deal with. I am also a cash customer. (now spending my kids inheritance)

I am calling you the next time we buy something. :helpsmilie:

I felt we got a decent deal on ours as we are getting it delivered from 5 hours away without the usual charge. It is black and we have red and blue RTs so we are thinking about doing a flag wrap on it so it doesn't matter which one pulls it. We will have to get two hitches but just going for one at this point since they aren't exactly giving those away either.

jaherbst
03-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Call me I will be glad to help.

Route1motorsports
03-28-2014, 09:48 AM
Looking for white trailer to match our two White RT's

I have brand new white one i'll sell at cost and include the mount...

You can call me at the store of you'd like @321-725-7225

Copperman
03-28-2014, 01:21 PM
I have brand new white one i'll sell at cost and include the mount...

You can call me at the store of you'd like @321-725-7225

I called and he wanted $4000.00 for it. Seems pretty expensive to me, at cost and all.

Route1motorsports
03-28-2014, 01:30 PM
I called and he wanted $4000.00 for it. Seems pretty expensive to me, at cost and all.

By no means do I want you to think I'm pulling some "fishy" deal...

My offer was a brand new trailer in the color you need with the hitch for $4k.

I believe that is a very fair offer. Now I can't compete with a private seller that wants to off his trailer for whatever price he deems necessary..

I am offering you a brand new trailer with hitch from a reputable dealer at a pretty good price. Please don't confuse my offer for a "fishy deal"

Sorry if you thought in anyway I was trying to "pull a fishy deal"..It truly was not my intention what-so-ever.

Can-Am Poogs
03-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Call me I will be glad to help.

I am in the same boat. If I can find a non current RT622 in white or blue that a dealer wants to part with for under $2000, well then I am travelling to pick it up and making a small holiday out of it, or arranging for shipping to the boarder. Just point me in the right direction.

stevedfive
03-28-2014, 03:57 PM
It sounds like a good and fair deal to me since it includes a $500 hitch and module. Now, if it included hitch installation that would be an great deal. The 622 is a great trailer. I bought mine and sold it three years later for exactly what I paid for it. JMO

Purple Guy
03-28-2014, 06:38 PM

I believe that is a very fair offer. Now I can't compete with a private seller that wants to off his trailer for whatever price he deems necessary..

I am offering you a brand new trailer with hitch from a reputable dealer at a pretty good price. Please don't confuse my offer for a "fishy deal"

Sorry if you thought in anyway I was trying to "pull a fishy deal"..It truly was not my intention what-so-ever.

Doesn't sound fishy to me...
They go for 5K up here so 20% off + hitch is more than reasonable for a brand new trailer.

Cruzr Joe
03-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Doesn't sound fishy to me...
They go for 5K up here so 20% off + hitch is more than reasonable for a brand new trailer.

:agree:

Cruzr Joe

bruiser
03-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Sounds like a very good deal to me.

Copperman
03-28-2014, 08:21 PM
I guess I just don't see that as a good deal! Remember, it's not a '14. He didn't know what year it was and I didn't wait for him to look it up.

SpyderAnn01
03-28-2014, 09:44 PM
The dealer in Henderson, NV, Proshop Motorsports & Marine has a silver one for sale. I believe it is used and on consignemnt.

Wwulf76
03-28-2014, 09:56 PM

We really would have thought that was a good deal. It isn't that much more than we paid for ours, especially with the hitch. Our dealer offered one without the hitch for the same amount. I like a good deal but I wouldn't want to make someone take it in the shorts to do it. You have to make a living. You can't give it away and feed your family.

Vrooom
03-30-2014, 01:24 AM
The basic problem is that every thing can-am spyder seems over priced to begin with, including 622 trailer, IMHO. Consider that you can buy some new mc camper trailers for less than the 622?
I don't begrudge a sales person making a profit, but maybe brp wholesale pricing to dealers is the culprit?

jaherbst
03-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Remember that an older new, not current year, trailer is factory rebated. This is a service the factory provides to prevent a back log of out of date merchandise and the dealer will order more current year models. Check with dealers out west. They are more used to discounting. Don't expect deep discounting on current year models.

Be patient and keep checking adds. Best time to buy anything is end of the year closeouts as dealers want to clear floor for next years models.