PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT & previous years RT's: Emergency tethers for Frunk lock; seat lock

spyderyderjim
03-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Hi all,
Several RT owners have had problems NOT able to open Frunk or Seat lock with ignition key; or (key inside jacket pocket that is inside the Frunk).
1. I installed a Emergency Frunk tether, (#14 primary wire with plastic coating; color coded to match glove box, if you like).
Ran wire from Frunk release to behind left side small panel; just pop left panel off & pull tether to open Frunk!!
2. Also ran wire from seat release through a sheath behind upper right panel up to glove box as an Emergency tether to open seat latch to be able to fill gas tank.
Update: run emergency seat release wire behind right side upper panel. Much cleaner look.
Hope this helps Spyder ryders out of a jam!
Enjoy the ryde!!
Jim :yes:

Jim&Teresa
03-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Great idea....look at doing this to mine -- thanks! :thumbup: I also will hide a non-chip type of key to open the trunk, seat, frunk for one that is hidden in a lockable area that is a real "chip" key!

Bob Denman
03-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:
Do you have any more pictures of the installation of both of them? :D

spyderyderjim
03-25-2014, 05:57 PM
Do you have any more pictures of the installation of both of them? :D

Only 2 other photos showing plastic zip tie to guide Frunk wire, glove box.
Note: Tighten Frunk tether wire in front of cable release so it will stay put.
Of course you need to take black cover off on left side in order to get to Frunk release cable area.
Jim

Bob Denman
03-25-2014, 06:02 PM
(Trying to get all of this straight; before tackling it!)

Purple Guy
03-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Very clever, thanks for sharing! :clap:

spyderyderjim
03-25-2014, 09:23 PM
(Trying to get all of this straight; before tackling it!)

Update on seat tether:
Run emergency seat release wire behind upper right side panel up into glove box.
I don't know how to add this photo to my original post.
Thanks. Jim

RTVIPER
03-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Hi all,
Several RT owners have had problems NOT able to open Frunk or Seat lock with ignition key; or (key inside jacket pocket that is inside the Frunk).
1. I installed a Emergency Frunk tether, (#14 primary wire with plastic coating; color coded to match glove box, if you like).
Ran wire from Frunk release to behind left side small panel; just pop left panel off & pull tether to open Frunk!!
2. Also ran wire from seat release through a sheath behind upper right panel up to glove box as an Emergency tether to open seat latch to be able to fill gas tank.
Update: run emergency seat release wire behind right side upper panel. Much cleaner look.
Hope this helps Spyder ryders out of a jam!
Enjoy the ryde!!
Jim :yes:

Now who would put their key in their jacket pocket and lock it in the frunk, Hmmmmmmmmmm......:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yike s::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes ::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bob Denman
03-26-2014, 07:10 AM
:opps: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_202.gif