PDA

View Full Version : Suspect Shot in Walmart Incident

SAPD911
03-25-2014, 12:44 PM
http://sanangelolive.com/news/crime/2014-03-25/san-angelo-walmart-aggravated-robbery-suspect-remains-hospital

Here is a brief summary of what happened, "Earlier this afternoon, officers were dispatched to Walmart north in reference to an unknown disturbance. While on our way up here, we were advised that there was a subject that was trying to break into the gun cabinets in the sporting goods area. As the employees approached the subject, he advised them he had an explosive device on his person."Upon arrival, the officers encountered the suspect outside in the parking lot. A confrontation ensued at that time. Shots were fired and a subject was struck by the gunfire," Vasquez said. The subject hit was the suspect, who had engaged in a confrontation with responding officers. The suspect's identity has not yet been released, however he was transported to Shannon Medical Center and was identified as a 42-year-old male. The man's condition and extent of his injuries were unknown at the time of briefing"

Pretty sure this guy was either drunk or high or both. My co-worker I work with daily had no choice but to shoot him. It happened in a matter of seconds. I am glad no else got hurt and the officers got to go home to their families at the end of the day.

bruiser
03-25-2014, 12:57 PM
You have to do what you have to do.

rpatsh
03-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Thank god no one else was hurt!!!

Dan_Ashley
03-25-2014, 01:14 PM
I speak from experience here:

I am very proud of you for remembering your training. Now you need to get out to the shooting range and blast away both your anger for being forced to do what you had no choice in doing, and your grief for doing what you needed to do. Then find someone to talk to, NOT a spouse, and talk about it until talking feels like there is nothing to say and more talking is BS. This may seem needless, but you will be healthier in the long run for doing this...and the long run is what matters.

I am very proud of you for keeping a clear background and protecting people you do not know.

You are not alone.

Bob Denman
03-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Thank you, for doing your job in a professional manner! :clap: :2thumbs:

Flanker
03-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a justifiable use of deadly force to me. It's OK for good guys to shoot bad guys!

ValCruzSpyder
03-25-2014, 02:14 PM
People like you and your partner keep people like me and my family safe at night! Hats off!! :clap::clap:

And yes...JUSTIFIED!!!!

Dan McNally
03-25-2014, 02:57 PM
I speak from experience here:

I am very proud of you for remembering your training. Now you need to get out to the shooting range and blast away both your anger for being forced to do what you had no choice in doing, and your grief for doing what you needed to do. Then find someone to talk to, NOT a spouse, and talk about it until talking feels like there is nothing to say and more talking is BS. This may seem needless, but you will be healthier in the long run for doing this...and the long run is what matters.

I am very proud of you for keeping a clear background and protecting people you do not know.

You are not alone.
:agree: . . . and thanks for your service :clap::thumbup:. Too often the press gives extremely detailed and constant coverage to every police brutality incident or perceived incident, spreading it across the nation in minutes , but only gives minimal local coverage to incidents like this . . . :banghead: