PDA

View Full Version : New owner from Broome

jrk36
03-25-2014, 04:49 AM
Yesterday (24/03/2014) I took delivery of a 2008 Spyder RS SM5 with only 2,800km on the clock! I purchased this from the original selling dealer (Savage Motorcyles, Perth) and this is genuine mileage (kilometerage?) on a machine that's really never been used. Only options fitted are the matt black panels, mudguards, etc., and the Hindle exhaust.
I'm coming from a Harley Davidson, so this Spyder will take a bit of getting used to - low tech to high tech?
Anyhow, I'm in Perth for several weeks so will have time to become accustomed before the 2,300km home trip.

BTW: Savage Motorcycles assure me that any/all recalls and software updates on this machine have been attended to, but is there any way of checking?

Anything I should be watching out for on this 6 year old, but incredibly low mileage, machine?

SNOOPY
03-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Nice find! :thumbup:

Personally, I would change out any hoses and make sure the antifreeze has been flushed on something obviously sitting around quite a bit. May wonder about fuel lines or any build up from fuel sitting for long periods.

And check for any Melomy nests. roflmao