PDA

View Full Version : missing plane

cuznjohn
03-23-2014, 01:22 PM
something i have been thinking about. does anyone know how long the plane was up at 45 thousand feet, no one has ever mentioned that on the news. i did hear that the oxygen masks would of deployed for the passengers but there is only a 15 minuet supply, if there was a decompression of the plane how long would it take for the people to pass out or die. i have never flown because i believe that if god wanted man to fly he would of given us tickets, but seriously what time would people have to get the masks on b4 they passed out or died.

billybovine
03-23-2014, 01:52 PM
It is a pressurised aircraft and can fly at 45,000 for a long period of time and there would be no ill effect on the passengers or the plane. The aircraft has a maximum fly high rating of 41,000 ft because in case of rapid decompression the passengers only have enough emergency oxygen for the time it would take to get the aircraft under 10,000 when oxygen is no longer required.

Oldmanzues
03-23-2014, 02:05 PM
I saw one theory about a possible fire on board and in trying put the fire out, crew started pulling circut breakers to isolate the fire. Then passed out from fumes and dieed. If this is true, I can only hope the fumes killed the passengers quickly. there was some dis agreement in the story about the autopliot still working or if the airplane could continue in a straight line without it working until it ran out of fuel. The story seemed to answer most of the question so far, but of course, until something is found, who knows ??
I can also only hope for the families of the passengers on board, they find the plane and if it went down for sure. the remotepossibility of a hijacking to another country must be horrible to them by now, with no news
Oldmanzues.

crazyspyder
03-23-2014, 02:05 PM
one theory (of many) was that it was a planed maneuver to terminate all passengers. :shocked: that's why there was no cell phones activated or used for 6 hrs of flight. the cockpit also controls and over rides
oxygen control over the emergency masks. this, I belive, was a well master mined suicide or highjacking...meaning we may see this plane again IF not at the bottom of the DEEP indian ocean...never to be found.
also I may add that those 2 fakers were involved as well...not a coincidence - no way!

cuznjohn
03-23-2014, 02:13 PM
feel for the families but they still never said how long the plane was up at 45k, if they know ir went that high than they will also know how long it was up there. if the poor souls lost their lives at that height than we can only hope it was fast and painless for them

crazyspyder
03-23-2014, 02:29 PM
that was never confirmed. as of 03/15/14 the atlantic reporting news
What about the 45,000-foot altitude claim, and the 40,000-feet-per-minute descent? Reports since last night speculated that the plane had climbed very high, and then descended very fast, perhaps indicating: an incompetent/amateur pilot; a professional pilot bent on disorienting the passengers or destroying the plane; or something else strange. To put this in perspective: in normal airline flights, you have rarely if ever been above 40,000 feet. Most airliners operate in the high-20s through the high-30s, in thousands of feet. Assuming that pressurization systems still worked, passengers wouldn't necessarily have noticed a difference at 45,000.
They certainly would have noticed a 40,000-fpm descent. In normal airline flights, you've rarely if ever felt a descent of more than 2,000-fpm. Most of the time, airliners go down by 1,000 - 1,500 fpm. Descending 20 or 30 times that fast would mean that the plane was pointed more or less straight down, with engines running.
So if this happened, it would have been remarkable, and terrifying. And among the problems would be pulling out of the dive without subjecting the plane (and crew and passengers) to G-forces beyond what any of them were designed to tolerate.

I deeply feel for the loss of life and their families.