PDA

View Full Version : Helmet cheek pads

golfsferr
03-22-2014, 07:04 AM
I have a Gmax 67S helmet 2XL with 10mm cheek pads and while it fits great around my head the cheek area is too tight. Someone told me to get thinner cheek pads. Here's the Gmax helmet cheek pad size chart GMax GM 67 Replacement Cheekpads

Sizing Information:
SM = 40mm
MED = 35mm
LG = 30mm
XL = 25mm
XXL = 20mm
XXXL = 20mm

By my logic I already have the thinner cheek pads at 10mm, but can someone explain why the millimeters go up as the sizes get smaller? Thank you.

edmarino
03-22-2014, 07:58 AM
I would suspect that since the shell's are the same size that the pads get thicker as the helmet size rating gets smaller.

hchays
03-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Gmax (as do most) uses the same size shell for certain sizes. The difference in size is the cheek pads. I have a model 67 XL and a XXL because I got a great deal on the XL and it matched the Spyder. When I want to wear the XL that matches the Spyder I just use the pads from the XXL. FYI: I just bought a model 54 modular helmet and love it!

bmwlarry
03-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Cheek pads are the answer. I have a Shoei Neotech and love it but the cheeks were a bit tight. I just ordered thinner pads and it made a world of difference!

golfsferr
03-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Gmax (as do most) uses the same size shell for certain sizes. The difference in size is the cheek pads. I have a model 67 XL and a XXL because I got a great deal on the XL and it matched the Spyder. When I want to wear the XL that matches the Spyder I just use the pads from the XXL. FYI: I just bought a model 54 modular helmet and love it!

Do you love it because the cheeks fit better or just the modular design?

golfsferr
03-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Cheek pads are the answer. I have a Shoei Neotech and love it but the cheeks were a bit tight. I just ordered thinner pads and it made a world of difference!

Yea I'm sure cheek pads are the answer but it kind of looks like I already have the thinnest Gmax offers.

Highwayman2013
03-22-2014, 01:25 PM
I had the same deal with my Scorpion helmet, had the thinnest cheek pads and still too tight. Had to cut them open and trim the foam inside then sew them back up. Fits great now.

Magdave
03-22-2014, 02:55 PM
That is the wrong sizing chart for the 67s I have one.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/38545/i/gmax-gm-67-replacement-cheekpads

If you have not worn it a season in the heat give it time the pads get thinner. I just got a set of the 15mm because my speakers had started touching my ears and causing discomfort. They do not make thinner than 10mm. Mine was tight at first too.

Magdave
03-22-2014, 03:01 PM

I like the modular for cold weather but it fogged a bit I got a Fog City liner and no more fogging. The only complaint I have is it is a bit heavy and seems to cause some buffeting if the windshield is not fully up unlike the 67S. I DO like the mechanism and it makes every thing quiet. My music sounds better at lower volumes on my BT set.