PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded from 2012 RT Ltd to 2014 RT Ltd

edbremer
03-21-2014, 07:01 PM
I made the jump today! When I saw the Silver Platinum Satin that did it for me. I got out this afternoon for a nice 67 mile run through the countryside around here and I am truly impressed with all the upgrades that Can Am has done. I love the new motor, trans, foot boards, etc. I'm also looking forward to NO MORE HEAT in the summertime.

Overall I think it is best described as highly refined when compared to my 2012. Once I get my Ultimate seat back on this one I'll be ready for a day trip.

Those of you on the fence don't hesitate, jump in like I just did. Looking forward to seeing some of you down the road!

Jim&Teresa
03-21-2014, 08:46 PM
:congrats: on your 2014 RT L ...we did the same exact thing...traded our 2012 RT L in for a 2014 RT L.....at least you got to ryde yours! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Zero miles on mine due to this :cus::cus: winter.... roads need to improve before I take it out!

Enjoy your new ryde....sounds great! :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
03-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Cool, i know that you will enjoy the ride, now Farkle, Farkle, Farkle. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Purple Guy
03-21-2014, 11:24 PM
:congrats: on your upgrade!

jerpinoy
03-22-2014, 01:10 AM
:congrats: I may do the same thing.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
03-22-2014, 11:46 AM
:shocked: Did somebody say, "Farkle"? :D
Congratulations on the new bike! :yes::ohyea::yes: :2thumbs:

den1953
03-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Great to hear. I'm not on a Spyder yet but my dealer has several 2014s right now. Congrats on you getting yours. Hopefully you'll share some pictures with us, Enjoy.

bodymanpainter
03-22-2014, 07:49 PM
:congrats:They are truly great bikes this year, just can't say enough about all the improvements!
Enjoy and ride safe!
Toby

spyder-dude
03-22-2014, 08:43 PM
:congrats: I just turned 3475 miles on mine today and am loving it better and better every mile!

spyderbirds
03-23-2014, 09:35 AM
:congrats: on the upgrade!

Idaspud
03-23-2014, 11:46 AM
:congrats: I just did the same thing only my upgrade was from a 2012 RTS to a 2014 RTS, here in Idaho our roads are dry so I have been able to put 300+ miles on mine and am very impressed with the new engine and 6 speed tranny the foot boards are a real plus, the very first thing I noticed on the 2014was the improved steering seems to be much easier to steer at low speeds. Overall BRP has refined it to perfection IMHO.

Many happy miles in my future!:yes::yes::yes:

GMac
03-24-2014, 01:57 PM
I have a 2012 RT Limited (and am very happy with it) but have the Ultimate seat and a few other things mods that I've been wondering whether or not they'd fit on the new Limited. The seat is the big one though - it wasn't cheap (well worth the money) and I can't really afford to replace it if I should decide on switching. If I can swap them out, that's great news! (well, if SOMEONE can swap them out - my mechanical skills leave something to be desired)

Thanks!

I made the jump today! When I saw the Silver Platinum Satin that did it for me. I got out this afternoon for a nice 67 mile run through the countryside around here and I am truly impressed with all the upgrades that Can Am has done. I love the new motor, trans, foot boards, etc. I'm also looking forward to NO MORE HEAT in the summertime.

Overall I think it is best described as highly refined when compared to my 2012. Once I get my Ultimate seat back on this one I'll be ready for a day trip.

Those of you on the fence don't hesitate, jump in like I just did. Looking forward to seeing some of you down the road!

ChicoFowler
03-24-2014, 02:00 PM

I'm going down that path as we speak - just waiting for the dealer to get stock in. Hopefully, I'll be riding my new 2014 to Spyder Fest :yes:

ARtraveler
03-24-2014, 03:13 PM
:congrats: on the new ryde. The platinum is pretty neat. Did you get the maroon seat? I heard that there are different procedures for polishing the finish on that color. Make sure you check out the manual or dealer to be sure.

YIRYDE
03-24-2014, 03:44 PM
I have a 2012 RT Limited (and am very happy with it) but have the Ultimate seat and a few other things mods that I've been wondering whether or not they'd fit on the new Limited. The seat is the big one though - it wasn't cheap (well worth the money) and I can't really afford to replace it if I should decide on switching. If I can swap them out, that's great news! (well, if SOMEONE can swap them out - my mechanical skills leave something to be desired)

Thanks!

I just switched out my Ultimate seat from my 2011 RTS to my 2014 RTS. It will fit without any problems and it was the first thing I installed on my 2014.