PDA

View Full Version : Helmets with built-in Bluetooth - Any recommendations?

dano
03-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm close to getting a Spyder and wondered if anyone would recommend a helmet with bluetooth (built-in). The ones I've seen online have mixed reviews, but what do you think?
Dan
Iowa

Larry rt
03-20-2014, 02:03 PM
I would recommend that you buy a helmet first , that you like! Then buy a Bluetooth to attach . This will give you the flexibility , to use your Bluetooth on other helmets, ATV, snowmobile or etc.
I have chatterbox and sena Prefer sena .
HTC helmet has a chatterbox ready helmet if you still prefer this.

jcthorne
03-20-2014, 02:46 PM
Agree. Buy a great helmet and then add a great Bluetooth system rather than compromising both.

jnt
03-20-2014, 03:22 PM
ABSOLUTELY agree with JCTHORNE - go for helmet fit FIRST.

NOW, if the Schuberth C3Pro happens to fit right, they have a swap-in bluetooth unit that fits in the bottom of he helmet. Very nice. Especially like the built-in buttons on the bottom edge.

3 Wheel Addict
03-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Nolan has some really nice helmets and their own system, N-Com. The N-Com system is a little pricey but it is a nice system and fits well in the helmet.

Motorcycledave
03-20-2014, 04:32 PM
There are several great helmets out there it is a personal thing with a helmet
what one person likes the other hates, I would think you would be better off
finding the helmet you like the best that fits the best and then add your own
blue tooth setup in it. I am the Spyder Lovers Dist. for SENA blue tooth units
I have them to fit any helmet they will connect to the audio system on the spyder
using the dongle and cable from BRP or me then off you go with fantastic sound
in your helmet and most likely it will be less cost than a helmet that has it belt in.
Ride Safe
Dave

I'm close to getting a Spyder and wondered if anyone would recommend a helmet with bluetooth (built-in). The ones I've seen online have mixed reviews, but what do you think?
Dan
Iowa

dano
03-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments!
Dan

SteveMac
03-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Agree with all of the above saying helmet first, then a good Bluetooth set like Sena.

I had Oneal Tirade helmets with built in Bluetooth. But the helmet to helmet was very poor. Phone and iPod were OK but not great.

Get get a good helmet that fits you and then Senas. :thumbup:

cyclelover63
03-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Cycle Gear has helmets with built in bluetooth....They work great!

KAPike
03-20-2014, 08:05 PM
I have this Bell MAG-9 Sena Helmet. It's Sena SMH10 Bluetooth ready. I also like the built-in inner drop-down sunshield and the visor.
The Sena Bluetooth is sold separately, but there are a couple of vendors on SpyderLovers that can help you out with that. I tried the helmet on first and made sure it was comfortable. If it didn't feel/fit right it doesn't matter how much you like the features of the helmet, it's the wrong helmet.

OldCowboy
03-20-2014, 10:10 PM
If it didn't feel/fit right it doesn't matter how much you like the features of the helmet, it's the wrong helmet.

:agree: Absolutely correct! Get a helmet that feels/fits right, then worry about what Bluetooth to use.

cptjam
03-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Helmet first. It has to fit comfortably. We like the Scala riders. The G9 has all the features you want. We have 40k miles of use, and still like them! Not perfect, but, close!

spyder3
03-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Schuberth C3 pro. Works great with integrated bluetooth. Make sure the helmet fits of course.

finless
03-21-2014, 01:12 PM
I have this Bell MAG-9 Sena Helmet. It's Sena SMH10 Bluetooth ready. I also like the built-in inner drop-down sunshield and the visor.
The Sena Bluetooth is sold separately, but there are a couple of vendors on SpyderLovers that can help you out with that. I tried the helmet on first and made sure it was comfortable. If it didn't feel/fit right it doesn't matter how much you like the features of the helmet, it's the wrong helmet.

This is a nice helmet. I saw one in person (Sandy from SD) and it is really nice! When I get a chance to try one on and if it fits well (that's the important part) I am probably going to buy this myself.

Bob

R&L Limted
03-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Dan
Iowa We each bought the Bell mag 9 sena ready helments, love them very clean lines & comfy, they have built in pockets for the ear sets and the sena 10 is locked into side pocket with allen screw, very secure. can charge etc. while mounted in helment! they are a semi oval helment, fit is right on with sizing chart:bowdown:

dano
03-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Wow, thanks again for all the great comments. I'm pretty much sold on the Bell MAG-9. But first I first have to show you what I picked up today. 2014 RT LTD. What a blast to ride.

Larry rt
03-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Will have to take a look at the G9 helmet . Nice ride , what will be your first add on ?

araknd
03-21-2014, 10:00 PM
I have an HJC 3/4 helmet and my husband has a shoei. I bought the Sena from radzilla and not only did I get a great deal, but it works better than ANY of the other radios/methods I've tried! It had Bluetooth, intercom/bike to bike and will operate your music. I love it!

Highwayman2013
03-21-2014, 11:23 PM
My wife and I have Scorpion helmets with the Smh10 SENA units from Motorcycle Save. They work great.

dndfindley
03-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Cycle Gear has helmets with built in bluetooth....They work great!

I have seen those. You are talking about the Bilt helmets aren't you? They were on sale for about $200.00 each. Could you go a little more in detail on what you think about them?

dano
03-28-2014, 08:02 PM
I ended up with a Bell Mag 9 and Sena bluetooth. I made several calls and it works great. I have a buddy with a new Harley trike and bluetooth, but we couldn't get them to see each other. I didn't think it'd work, but it'd have been nice. I just called him instead.
Dan