PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the new Godless coin.

Cavman
03-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Got this email today:

Bob Denman
03-19-2014, 11:49 AM
:gaah: Thanks for the warning... :banghead:
When are they supposed to try and pull this stunt?

Cavman
03-19-2014, 11:53 AM
According to what I got, it's already happening?

MarkLawson
03-19-2014, 11:54 AM
The national motto 'IN GOD WE TRUST' is inscribed on the edge of the coin.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l301/arlington_2005/Blog_Photos/PresDollar-Stack.jpg

Bob Denman
03-19-2014, 12:11 PM
:shocked: How visible, do they think it is going to be? :shocked:

Bob Denman
03-19-2014, 12:18 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/godless-dollar-coins-slip-through-mint/

Bob Denman
03-19-2014, 12:35 PM
They may not need money in Heaven; but it sure comes in handy down here! :D

wyliec
03-19-2014, 01:03 PM
I think that God will be ok with the new coin.

I'm not sure what God has to do with money anyway, I suppose Jesus who of course told us that the Tax on corporate dividends was evil that the tax on the wealthy was against His will, will be spitting mad.

Thank you and couldn't agree more. Sometimes I wonder about this place.

If someone really has a problem with these coins, send them to me.

ARtraveler
03-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Based on the CBS news article above, it appears to be an error at the Philadelphia mint rather than an intentional act to change our US coins. This was the first I heard about the new coin. Have not seen any yet.

Wiredux
03-19-2014, 03:03 PM
I get these all of the time and I use them all of the time. As posted it is on the side. I would rather have these then bills.

acinpcola
03-19-2014, 03:09 PM
I have heard about this a while back and at that time someone also proved it was there on the edge. Philadelphia, my home town, they can make Damn Good Steak Sandwiches, Hoagies, and Hockey Teams, but slip up on the money...oh say it aint soooooooooooooo :yikes::roflblack::roflblack:

bruiser
03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Philadelphia, my home town, they can make Damn Good Steak Sandwiches

Geno's or Pat's

Bob Denman
03-19-2014, 05:15 PM
They're actually ALL pretty darn good! :thumbup:

Tazzel
03-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Sorry I believe in the separation of church and state. However, I dont get bent out of shape over it. Sometimes we exert to much energy on the little things.

Bob Denman
03-19-2014, 06:09 PM
"Separation of Church and State", is a term actually mis-used by pretty near everybody who mentions it. :gaah:
The rationale behind it, was to prevent a State-sponsored Religion, from becoming the only "Game in Town".
Having the motto. "In God we trust", on our currency; is meant more as an admonition to simply believe in something greater than we are...
Is that a bad thing? :dontknow:

And I'll even apologize in advance, to any Atheists that I might have just upset...

wyliec
03-19-2014, 07:30 PM
"Separation of Church and State", is a term actually mis-used by pretty near everybody who mentions it. :gaah:
The rationale behind it, was to prevent a State-sponsored Religion, from becoming the only "Game in Town".
Having the motto. "In God we trust", on our currency; is meant more as an admonition to simply believe in something greater than we are...

And I'll even apologize in advance, to any Atheists that I might have just upset...

Here's another tidbit, the term Separation of Church and State is not in the Constitution, like some may think.

Bob,
It's not a bad motto, and although I'm not an atheist, I really don't care one way or the other if it's on my currency. In fact, if you have any Krugerrands, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

I just have a problem when someone tries to get me to boycott anything and tries to make me feel like I'd be doing something wrong if I don't. I don't need someone thinking for me.

SNOOPY
03-19-2014, 07:32 PM
I think that God will be ok with the new coin.

I'm not sure what God has to do with money anyway, I suppose Jesus who of course told us that the Tax on corporate dividends was evil that the tax on the wealthy was against His will, will be spitting mad.

Render unto Caesar what is Caesars, render unto God what is Gods. Just sayin'.....

SNOOPY
03-19-2014, 07:38 PM
I get these all of the time and I use them all of the time. As posted it is on the side. I would rather have these then bills.

Really?

they say they have been out since 2007 yet most people have never seen them?

SNOOPY
03-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Very good post.

But God apologizes to no one.

The SECOND we die, we will know Gods intentions....unfortunately for some.

jScotD
03-19-2014, 07:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3ah6JsFI8

SNOOPY
03-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Here's another tidbit, the term Separation of Church and State is not in the Constitution, like some may think.

Bob,
It's not a bad motto, and although I'm not an atheist, I really don't care one way or the other if it's on my currency. In fact, if you have any Krugerrands, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

I just have a problem when someone tries to get me to boycott anything and tries to make me feel like I'd be doing something wrong if I don't. I don't need someone thinking for me.

I think the term "separation of church and state" was used by some old guy like Joe. Lol

SNOOPY
03-19-2014, 07:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3ah6JsFI8

You rock :thumbup:

SNOOPY
03-19-2014, 07:46 PM
I love this thread, squeezed out like 5 posts from it....lol

:yes:

Flanker
03-20-2014, 05:01 AM
Thank you and couldn't agree more. Sometimes I wonder about this place.

If someone really has a problem with these coins, send them to me.

LOL! Good one!

spacetiger
03-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Having collected stamps, I am surprised no one stated this:

In God We Trust was supposed to be on the coin...

The fact that it might not be on the coin [edge] is not a reason to give the coin back - it is a reason to collect them because they are a minting error. As such, they are worth much more than a dollar today and even more in the future; kind of like some of the older stamps with upside down airplanes.

To the original point of the post, I agree with the point of objection. The statement on our currency is a statement of the people of this country. It has been with us throughout time and should remain so into the future. That said, we will all now look for this on our dollar coins.

Jerry

DrewNJ
03-20-2014, 06:49 AM
Some of you need a winter hobby....:D

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

bullant12
03-20-2014, 07:05 AM
"In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust,_All_Others_Pay_Cash) If you know your trivia... you know about this!;)

acinpcola
03-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Philadelphia, my home town, they can make Damn Good Steak Sandwiches

Geno's or Pat's

Pat's Of course..

Bob Denman
03-20-2014, 10:59 AM
I love this thread, squeezed out like 5 posts from it....
:shocked: Is that ALL that this is about for you?
Okay...
Math time...
YOu've been in here since the end of August: almost 7 Months.
and you have just over 3,100 posts.
What's your goal?
(In case you're trying to compare those numbers to anybody else's :shocked:...)
Since the end of October; I've logged over 7,000
And over 17,000 in the past year...

Sooo... What are you trying to prove? :dontknow:

Flanker
03-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Okay...
Math time...
What's your goal?

SO.....................have you ever been busted for exceeding the legal posting limit, and been placed on posting probation? ;) BTW: I'm on cart probation at WalMart............................for repeatedly running over other customers with my cart while blasting up and down the aisles. I'm not proud of it.

Bob Denman
03-20-2014, 11:17 AM
No... :opps:
But you'd be surprised at what you can get away with, by smiling a lot! ;)

JkRbbt
03-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Just curious. How many of you that are upset actually READ your money???? :dontknow:

Bob Denman
03-20-2014, 11:32 AM
I STARE at mine a little bit... :shocked:
Always marvelling at how quickly it disappears! :D

shelbydave
03-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Just curious. How many of you that are upset actually READ your money???? :dontknow:

They're actually a good read...:joke:

I haven't seen the coin yet - or I don't think so... I'm not a fan of dollar coins though, since all my coins end up in a ziplock bag in my laptop bag. I save them for vending machines and such, but now that I work from home, my empty laptop bag weighs more than my laptop.:shocked: I guess it's time to clean out my change...

Steve67
03-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Sorry to all but friend from Canada.....we have been using dollar coins and 2 dollar coins for the past several years and can't imagine ever going back.....our mint is even talking about going to a five dollar coin....we did all the grumbling....and now it is accepted....the only thing they did differently is that no more 1 or 2 dollar bills....immediately stopped producing the paper bills and only produced coins....soooo I'm sure I'm going to get a blast from some people....but hey I like them...:pray:

Bob Denman
03-20-2014, 11:58 AM
The ONLY problem that I see with using coins...
It makes that old bit of wisdom obsolete :shocked:...
"Do you want to DOUBLE your money? It's easy; fold it in half, and stick it back in your pocket" :D :thumbup:

SNOOPY
03-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Okay...
Math time...
What's your goal?

Trying to get in line w my other forums, gotta get at least 20,000 posts.

And since you are wondering, it is what I live for. roflmao

Bob Denman
03-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Then I feel sorry for you... :shocked:

SNOOPY
03-20-2014, 12:21 PM
:roflblack:

Note: don't believe everything you read on the internet. :shocked:

SNOOPY
03-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Wow, squeezed out a couple more. Lol

wyliec
03-20-2014, 01:45 PM

I'm upset that I don't have any money to read.

spydaman60
03-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Some of you need a winter hobby....:D

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk:congrats::agree: you hit the nail right on the head. now jump on your sled and give those :cus: dollar coins to the gas attendant and ride!! only a couple of weeks left!!!

ARtraveler
03-20-2014, 02:08 PM
I am not a fan of coins. I still have a bunch of one and two dollar coins from my last trip to Canada. (2010).

RE: Collectability of the mis-print US dollar coins. I believe the article mentioned that there were about 3 million of those coins minted. The quantity of the "wrong" coins makes them worth no more than "normal" coins. It is only when there are a very limited amount that get into circulation that makes them worth something.

The post office recently re-printed the famous "inverted Jenny" stamps (a plane upside down in comparison to the rest of the stamp. They were neat to look at, but no extra value this time around.

I still have a world stamp collection and three or four books of pennies, nickels, and dimes from the 20's through mid 60's. I keep them for posterity, but no super value items in either collection.

bscrive
03-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Geez guys,

Us people up here in Canada have been using $1 and $2 coins for years. Works good for us. Soon we may have a $5 coin. :thumbup:

SNOOPY
03-20-2014, 03:55 PM

roflmao

Bob Denman
03-20-2014, 05:02 PM

If you'd like to read something really funny; I've got TONS of bills laying around here that I'm sure would be amusing... :shocked: :D

jScotD
03-20-2014, 05:21 PM
I got my electric bill today :shocked: .. can I forward it to you? I'm certain it would feel right at home.

Bob Denman
03-20-2014, 05:52 PM
...Misery just LOVES company... :2thumbs: :shocked:

SNOOPY
03-20-2014, 07:26 PM
roflmao

crazyspyder
03-20-2014, 09:54 PM
aaahh :coffee: don't care one way or the other ! I do consider myself to be open minded and living outside the box...what ever that means :dontknow:

bluestratos
03-21-2014, 09:43 AM
As an evolutionist I really don't care one way or the other. Times change and maybe it is politically incorrect now to refer to a god in light of the many religions that recognize multiple gods, objects, deities. I recently became a US citizen and in the civics test it asked about our rights under the constitution and the bill of rights. It said that I am free to practice any religion or no religion so the coin may have changed traditionally but is definitely in keeping with the rights of the citizen. Nice looking coin in any case :)