PDA

View Full Version : Alignment

Tugs4fun
03-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Hello All

New owner of 2 weeks. Getting used to my new ride and the quite different steering/ handling differences from 2 wheels. I have owned 30 plus dirt and touring bikes over the years. I am very pleased with the Spyder and getting used to the wiggles and minimizing it just as this forum advises.
My question is how would I know if I needed an alignment....I'm still riding a little like a rooky, only 300 miles so far.

Appreciate any input.

greg

Jeriatric
03-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Hello All

New owner of 2 weeks. Getting used to my new ride and the quite different steering/ handling differences from 2 wheels. I have owned 30 plus dirt and touring bikes over the years. I am very pleased with the Spyder and getting used to the wiggles and minimizing it just as this forum advises.
My question is how would I know if I needed an alignment....I'm still riding a little like a rooky, only 300 miles so far.

Appreciate any input.

greg

The only real way to know. Is to take It to one of the rolo aligners and have them check it. The probability is high that you will need it.

Gray Ghost
03-18-2014, 12:32 PM
The inventor of the system, Mike, is up in Edgewater. There are also dealers using the system, Route 1 Powersports in Grant, Central Florida Powersports in Orlando, and Seminole Powersports in Orlando (http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealers)

Check with them. At least with the independents the norm has been that if it doesn't need alignment when checked, it doesn't cost anything.

AlEverett
03-18-2014, 12:53 PM
My question regarding this "Should I get the BajaRon Sway Bar and Hiem links also? If yes, should those be done before the alignment???

Gray Ghost
03-18-2014, 01:35 PM
There are several things that can be done to improve your suspension. Keeping the correct (and equal) pressure in your front tires, getting a good laser alignment with the hubs as the center point (Outlaw/ROLO), better swaybar, adjustable shocks, adjustable shocks with rebound, etc. How far you go down that trail is a matter of your personal riding style and budget.

I could ride the Spyder the way it is with just the alignment, but have read enough posts to become convince that the BajaRon swaybar will make my ride better. I also purchased the links because there had been some issues with the OEM and hope to get them and the swaybar installed next week. No doubt getting the high end shocks would be beneficial, but I am not an aggressive rider so I have decided not to do those at this time.

The swaybars or links will not affect your alignment.

Tugs4fun
03-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the comments

i bought my Spyder from the dealer in Grant. I thought Chuck the salesman said it would be aligned prior to delivery.
Checked my tire pressure---l front 13 lbs r front 17 lbs rear 24 lbs
i brought the front up to 20 and the rear 30---nice improvement on a 50 mile ride in windy (20mph) conditions

greg

jaherbst
03-18-2014, 03:08 PM
This is a longshot, but will anyone at the owners meet in Durango, Co be installing the RonBars and Heimlinks? June 26 & 27 I am hoping there will be some venders there.

Jack

Gray Ghost
03-18-2014, 08:07 PM
You may want to post to one of the threads about the owners meet or start a new one. You may not get the visibility you need on this thread.