PDA

View Full Version : For military retirees and active duty

bruiser
03-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Another hit to our promised benefits.

http://www.military.com/military-report/new-tricare-higher-fees-more-freedom?ESRC=miltrep.nl&code=140317TDV_V5TOP02&eml=2b9f57c6e1e675a48d51101bc10d8d11

SAPD911
03-18-2014, 08:49 AM
yep knew that was coming?

78OldRide
03-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Yes once again taking benifits earned . To give to ????

Jeriatric
03-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Question is. If you knew then what you know now. Would you have still done it?

Answered the call.

bruiser
03-18-2014, 09:07 AM
It was enlist or draft. I did make the choice to stay. Would I do it again? You bet. My complaint is the cuts being made on the backs of the military while others...

Jeriatric
03-18-2014, 09:19 AM
It was enlist or draft. I did make the choice to stay. Would I do it again? You bet. My complaint is the cuts being made on the backs of the military while others...

Trust me. I get it.

grumpybob
03-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Can't be!!! We have been told by the highest source many times 'WE WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR VETS AND MILITARY PEOPLE'. This has to be a mistake all-right.

Motorcycledave
03-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Never assume the govt. will always keep their promises, they NEVER do.

Another hit to our promised benefits.

http://www.military.com/military-report/new-tricare-higher-fees-more-freedom?ESRC=miltrep.nl&code=140317TDV_V5TOP02&eml=2b9f57c6e1e675a48d51101bc10d8d11

Cruzr Joe
03-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Can't be!!! We have been told by the highest source many times 'WE WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR VETS AND MILITARY PEOPLE'. This has to be a mistake all-right.

yeah and you can Keep your Doctor

you can keep your insurance

why do you not trust the government???

Cruzr Joe

grumpybob
03-18-2014, 10:40 AM

Cruzr Joe You hit the nail right on the head!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::banghead:: banghead::banghead:

rayeade
03-18-2014, 10:50 AM
I quit believing politician when I got to Vietnam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullant12
03-18-2014, 11:44 AM
These morons up on the Hill keep forgetting who actually put them there...:banghead:

ValCruzSpyder
03-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Trying to stay away from the political aspect of this conversation...but, with all the cuts to the military budgets and such, this was bound to happen. Those of us who answered the call, are called upon once again to weather yet another storm. This time, the storm is caused by the ones who promised to "never forget the vets and their sacrifices." While it does bring a tear to my eye, I can only wonder if this will the last broken promise. To my fellow service members both past and present, we have weathered more worse storms. We have fought the good fight. Let your voices be heard beyond the confines of this forum. I, for one, will be drafting a letter tonight that may not get the attention it deserves...but at least I will be heard by those elected to protect that which I justly earned. Thank you for the post Bruiser.
:gaah:

M109Dreamer
03-18-2014, 02:13 PM
So from an HMO to a PPO. And raise the fees ......again...and then try and sell to everyone by stating "you'll have more choices?" I sure am getting tired of playing a game where the rules get changed up by a group of individuals that vote on their own benefits and salaries.

I retire in a little over a year and I have "zero" bit of faith in what benefits will be there in the next 10 years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dan_Ashley
03-18-2014, 03:41 PM
It is not just retired military that gets the shaft. My "promised benefits" from law enforcement (I was pensioned off in 1978--injuries) was for medical care and retirement of $xxx dollars. They reduced the retirement pay about two years ago by $300 a month and next year I have to start paying an additional $67 per month for medical care.

These guys are duplicitous. They are not interested in honor, only in .... (well, I shut up now.)

Would I do it again? Maybe not given what I see about the erosion of freedoms.

grumpybob
03-18-2014, 04:17 PM
As a Nam Vet I would like to see the VFW, American Legion, Marine Corps League & every other group start a petition on this Bullsh*t they keep pulling that takes away benefits for any & all military past present & future. I was really pissed over not paying the benefits for those that passed a few months ago during the Budget crap. Not a group stood up for that. At least not that I saw, especially local. I wanted the American Legion Riders to head right to the TV station and nobody would. As long as we let this keep happening it will never stop.

bruiser
03-18-2014, 04:49 PM
www.concernedveteransforamerica.org

spacetiger
03-18-2014, 05:02 PM

Answered the call.

Yes, someone has to stand duty or this country may not exist like we know it today.

Jerry

Dan McNally
03-18-2014, 05:29 PM

Answered the call.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I didn't enlist in 1967 for benefits, I enlisted because that is what my family has done for a long, long time. My first McNally ancestor to hit the shores of the USA fought at Sackett's Harbor in the War of 1812, we fought in the Civil War, Grandpa chased Pancho Villa on horseback on the Mexican Border, was a doughboy in WWI, and he invaded Normandy of D-Day, along with one of my uncles; another Uncle fought in the Pacific in WWII, and a third in Korea and Vietnam; my generation put six of us in uniform (three did careers) from Vietnam through Desert Storm and our sons invaded Iraq and Afghanistan . . . we didn't do it for the benefits, we did it because our nation called us.

jerpinoy
03-18-2014, 05:33 PM
What really hurt is , they cut our bennies and spend them to others.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Others are getting free medical and dental for free a real pain in the A.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghea d:. Most of the people (congress and senate) who cuts our benefits never served so they don't really knows how we feel how to get shafted.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::b anghead:.

Guesswho
03-18-2014, 07:55 PM
STOP EFFING WITH THE MILITARY!!!!!! I'm so sick of all this crap...I can't do 5 more years...I gots to go now!!!!!!!!:banghead:

Jeriatric
03-19-2014, 03:08 PM

Cruzr Joe

How this stuff works:

In order to insure the uninsured, we first have to un-insure the insured.

Next we require the newly un-insured to be re-insured.

To re-insure the newly un-insured,

they are required to pay extra charges to be re-insured .

The extra charges are required so that the original insured, who became un-insured, and

then re-insured can pay enough extra so that the original un-insured can be insured for free.

There. Now you understand what is going on. ;) :roflblack:

Hey, ya gotta laugh at this stuff sometimes.

cptjam
03-19-2014, 03:55 PM
As a Nam Vet I would like to see the VFW, American Legion, Marine Corps League & every other group start a petition on this Bullsh*t they keep pulling that takes away benefits for any & all military past present & future. I was really pissed over not paying the benefits for those that passed a few months ago during the Budget crap. Not a group stood up for that. At least not that I saw, especially local. I wanted the American Legion Riders to head right to the TV station and nobody would. As long as we let this keep happening it will never stop.

I can't speak for other Veteran's organization, but I can speak as a Legionnaire - We have had a campaign going on for months, sending letters and petitions to our elected officials. If you are a vet, and seek to have your voice heard, Join the American Legion! As the nations oldest and largest Veterans organization, we have a voice heard by congress, as well as the American public. Many benefits veterans enjoy were championed by the American Legion. There is strength in numbers - join me and millions of other vets. The American Legion gets stuff done!
The Patriot Guard Riders were formed by the American Legion Riders - opening it up to all, who wished to honor our fallen. Many posts have a riding detachment, and many have Spyder riders. Ours does! PM if you have any questions about the American Legion; I would be glad to help! Joe

Oldmanzues
03-19-2014, 07:59 PM
At least try to write letters, maybe if enought write it might help.
I joined in 1955 because I actually to be in the USAF. I retired in 1983.

Two big things in congress/goverment seems to be cutting anything good to vets and how to keep sending millions in "aid" to Afkanstan after the the US is forced out or go under their muslim rule. Why the .... are we sending money to them ??? why are sending money to everybody but the people who fought for America?
I will put it this way before I am locked out. I am pround to fly A medium size size American Flag at all times on my Spyder. On PGR mission, I fly a big American Flag. If that offends you, I am glad to do it. If it makes glad to see it fly, that is good.
Oldmanzues

grumpybob
03-20-2014, 10:01 AM
I can't speak for other Veteran's organization, but I can speak as a Legionnaire - We have had a campaign going on for months, sending letters and petitions to our elected officials. If you are a vet, and seek to have your voice heard, Join the American Legion! As the nations oldest and largest Veterans organization, we have a voice heard by congress, as well as the American public. Many benefits veterans enjoy were championed by the American Legion. There is strength in numbers - join me and millions of other vets. The American Legion gets stuff done!
The Patriot Guard Riders were formed by the American Legion Riders - opening it up to all, who wished to honor our fallen. Many posts have a riding detachment, and many have Spyder riders. Ours does! PM if you have any questions about the American Legion; I would be glad to help! Joe I am in the American Legion, American legion Riders, VFW, Marine Corps League, & the Salvation Army. It didn't get around here. Oh I forgot the PGR. Go to Order of Purple Heart mtg. on occasion. Two mtgs. a month Post 1552 Legion & Riders. Come to our Watch-Fire in June.