PDA

View Full Version : WTB - A SET OF STOCK SHOCKS OFF A 2013 OR 2014 RT, RTS OR LIMITED

hogrider46
03-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Would pay a fair price for them. Looking for front and rear for my 2010 to beef it up some. Also looking for the shock relocators also. Anyone out there that have switched to Elkas or other brands and would like to get them out of your way please give me a shout. I'd love to go with the Elkas but my budget is tight, real tight there's no way I could afford them. I've got my old 2010 RT-S SE5 just about the way I need her because of my disabilities now I need to work on the suspension. I put a Ron bar on and 2011 shocks but it's not much better. I'm pretty sure it's the shocks they are really spongy. I read a couple of recent posts that this was the way to go if you couldn't afford the Elkas. Well that's me. If you can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

Magdave
03-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Would pay a fair price for them. Looking for front and rear for my 2010 to beef it up some. Also looking for the shock relocators also. Anyone out there that have switched to Elkas or other brands and would like to get them out of your way please give me a shout. I'd love to go with the Elkas but my budget is tight, real tight there's no way I could afford them. I've got my old 2010 RT-S SE5 just about the way I need her because of my disabilities now I need to work on the suspension. I put a Ron bar on and 2011 shocks but it's not much better. I'm pretty sure it's the shocks they are really spongy. I read a couple of recent posts that this was the way to go if you couldn't afford the Elkas. Well that's me. If you can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

If you want beefier shocks 2013 is not the choice. 2014 are better. Not sure either will fit though as the geometry changed. Fox shocks (adjustable) are a better value.

KAPike
03-18-2014, 09:39 PM
The 2013 will not fit a 2010. The 2013 is a longer shock.

Redjim
03-18-2014, 10:06 PM

Thanks,
Steve

I have a set of 2011 front shocks I took off my RT when I installed Elka's. I've heard the 2011 shocks are an improvement for the 2010. They were on the bike for about 4,000 miles. I would sell them for $125.00 plus shipping cost. They are in Florida. I can send you pictures if you would like.

hogrider46
03-19-2014, 10:29 AM
If you want beefier shocks 2013 is not the choice. 2014 are better. Not sure either will fit though as the geometry changed. Fox shocks (adjustable) are a better value.

Thanks for the heads up Dave. Forgot the 13's were not adjustable. Read something about 3/4" spacers on the forum somewhere and a much cheaper way to go to beef up these stock shocks. I put the 2011 shocks on butthey didn't make much of a difference. Ron bar helped with the swaying but the shocks need help.

Thanks,
Steve

hogrider46
03-19-2014, 10:40 AM
I havealreadyet of 2011 front shocks I took off my RT when I installed Elka's. I've heard the 2011 shocks are an improvement for the 2010. They were on the bike for about 4,000 miles. I would sell them for $125.00 plus shipping cost. They are in Florida. I can send you pictures if you would like.

Thanks for the reply but I've already installed the 2011 shocks on my 2010. Didn't make much of a difference. Almost believe they are the same shock. Just trying to find something better but have to watch the budget also.

Thanks,
Steve

Magdave
03-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the heads up Dave. Forgot the 13's were not adjustable. Read something about 3/4" spacers on the forum somewhere and a much cheaper way to go to beef up these stock shocks. I put the 2011 shocks on butthey didn't make much of a difference. Ron bar helped with the swaying but the shocks need help.

Thanks,
Steve

Look into the Fox shocks. Elkas are good too but more pricey. Remember though the bike usually doesn't sway it is you that does. It took me a while to get to the point that I realized the bike was actually stable it was me being buffeted. If you are going for all out performance in the twisties though a shock upgrade would work well with the Ronbar. I wish Fox shocks were available for the 13 but I supposed since the 13,14 geometry is the same more products will come out. I have read the 14 shocks are stiffer probably because of the added weight and might be a good choice for 13 owners. They supposedly make the front sit higher on a 13.

phillip@pitbull
03-24-2014, 03:54 PM
We have the shock relocators back in stock at Pitbull if you haven't found some yet. Let me know if you still need a set and we can get some shipped out tomorrow.

Phillip

MidLifeCrisis
03-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the reply but I've already installed the 2011 shocks on my 2010. Didn't make much of a difference. Almost believe they are the same shock. Just trying to find something better but have to watch the budget also.

Thanks,
Steve

If you perceived no difference, I'm betting they were 2010 shocks. The 2011's made a huge difference on my 2010. Almost as much as the Ron bar. Pit bulls relocators were next on my list, but I never got there.

dslim
06-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Look into the Fox shocks. Elkas are good too but more pricey. Remember though the bike usually doesn't sway it is you that does. It took me a while to get to the point that I realized the bike was actually stable it was me being buffeted. If you are going for all out performance in the twisties though a shock upgrade would work well with the Ronbar. I wish Fox shocks were available for the 13 but I supposed since the 13,14 geometry is the same more products will come out. I have read the 14 shocks are stiffer probably because of the added weight and might be a good choice for 13 owners. They supposedly make the front sit higher on a 13.
They do have Fox shocks available for the 13 and 14 RTS's now.

jcthorne
06-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Well if you want a set of 2013 front shocks with springs for pretty cheap, I have a pair I just took off to install Elkas. Make me a low ball offer and I'll likely take it if you want them.

SteveMac
06-07-2014, 09:09 AM

Thanks,
Steve

Sent you a PM. :thumbup:

Ramjet
06-07-2014, 09:56 PM
I also have a set of 2013 RT Limited they had 1000 miles I replaced them with Elka shocks.

$100.00 plus shipping takes them.

SpyFun1
06-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Have a set (2 front & 1 back) from our 2011 RT from when I put Elkas on. Sell cheap + shipping.

Lee