PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Harley (to get into a Spyder...) clean bike GREAT price!

threewheelcurious
03-17-2014, 09:48 PM
SOLD!!!!!!!Ad:
http://bemidji.craigslist.org/mcy/4363580018.html
Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsW38igWy2A

Jester
03-17-2014, 09:57 PM
You are going to love it:yes:
Just take your time & remember one steers rather than leans like on a two wheeler.

threewheelcurious
03-22-2014, 06:54 PM
You are going to love it:yes:
Just take your time & remember one steers rather than leans like on a two wheeler.

Need to sell the Harley first :doorag:

Bob Denman
03-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Here's hoping for a quick sale! :cheers: :thumbup:

Magdave
03-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Just an observation but does that sticker come off the tank. It might turn off a lot of prospective buyers IMHO.

threewheelcurious
04-01-2014, 09:47 PM
It's just a vinyl decal, can be removed.
3500.00 is a stellar deal for a clean, great bike.
Any takers?

Michael211_2000
04-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Sure hope you have your 2-wheeler listed in other places... this is mostly Spyder people (obviously). Odds are not good of selling a 2-wheeler here. Good luck, God Speed!

ps. Remove that tank decal and take new pics of the bike nicely cleaned up and detailed. :thumbup:

- Michael

ARtraveler
04-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Nice video. Hope you get a quick sale soon. I would also recommend removing the tank decal. :thumbup:

Magdave
04-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Sure hope you have your 2-wheeler listed in other places... this is mostly Spyder people (obviously). Odds are not good of selling a 2-wheeler here. Good luck, God Speed!

ps. Remove that tank decal and take new pics of the bike nicely cleaned up and detailed. :thumbup:

- Michael
:agree: Most Harley Riders do not want cartoons on their bikes:dontknow:

threewheelcurious
04-02-2014, 05:43 PM
I have it posted on Craigslist and local; the price is a steal considering quality of bike and low miles. As for the vinyl decals, I have had mixed forum response, yet in person it gets overwhelming positive comments.

Illinois Boy
04-02-2014, 06:15 PM
I have it posted on Craigslist and local; the price is a steal considering quality of bike and low miles. As for the vinyl decals, I have had mixed forum response, yet in person it gets overwhelming positive comments.

I believe the audience here at Spyder lovers is not the group that would like the tank decal (as per the comments); however you are not going to sell this bike to this crowd. I can see where the market this bike would appeal to would like the decal, as you mentioned.

Personally, it doesn't bother me; however you might make the comment that it is a decal that can be removed -- just in case someone thinks it is paint. You do not want to give a potential interested party any reason to pass on your offer.

I have not priced '01 883 Sportsters, but at first glance that looks like a great price to me; especially if the bike has been taken care of. If the mileage was correct at 13k, then this bike hasn't been ridden much at all for a 12-year-old bike.

Is the mileage 13k? And was the bike taken care of regarding how it was ridden? In other words, was it run hard and long a lot?

Overall, the Sportster motor is one of the better engines HD has made. In fact, it is best in my opinion based on more reasons than I care to mention here. If the bike was not ridden too hard for too long, and was maintained properly, the bike has a lot of miles left on it to be ridden. It would be a great bike for someone, somewhere. I might even be interested in it if you were closer.

Good luck on your sale...

ARtraveler
04-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I believe the audience here at Spyder lovers is not the group that would like the tank decal (as per the comments); however you are not going to sell this bike to this crowd. I can see where the market this bike would appeal to would like the decal, as you mentioned.

Personally, it doesn't bother me; however you might make the comment that it is a decal that can be removed -- just in case someone thinks it is paint. You do not want to give a potential interested party any reason to pass on your offer.

I have not priced '01 883 Sportsters, but at first glance that looks like a great price to me; especially if the bike has been taken care of. If the mileage was correct at 13k, then this bike hasn't been ridden much at all for a 12-year-old bike.

Is the mileage 13k? And was the bike taken care of regarding how it was ridden? In other words, was it run hard and long a lot?

Overall, the Sportster motor is one of the better engines HD has made. In fact, it is best in my opinion based on more reasons than I care to mention here. If the bike was not ridden too hard for too long, and was maintained properly, the bike has a lot of miles left on it to be ridden. It would be a great bike for someone, somewhere. I might even be interested in it if you were closer.

Very good and helpful points. :thumbup:

threewheelcurious
04-02-2014, 06:55 PM

Thank you for the consideration points; I will update the advertisement to note decal not paint.
The bike has been well cared for, only 13,787 on the odometer; plenty of legs left!
Shipping is only 400.00ish

my3gs
04-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Well I do have a RT but that's a nice bike. How long have you had it?? what kinda tune ups and or any work done on it? What year? any more info PM me .

threewheelcurious
04-14-2014, 07:20 PM
​sold my Harley today, cash in the bank...saving for something...

SPYD1
04-14-2014, 07:31 PM
:congrats:

Chupaca
04-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Be curious no more...test the roadsters and move off the fence. You will love the ryde as will those that ryde with you..!! :thumbup::thumbup::ohyea: