PDA

View Full Version : Limitations

SPYDERFUZZ
03-17-2014, 05:19 PM
I can no longer use my right leg. Where can I find hand break, how much do they cost?:hun::duh:

ARtraveler
03-17-2014, 05:21 PM
ISCI seems to be the way to go. They are in the vendors list on the home page. :thumbup:

TuckMiddle
03-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Do a search on the forums. It's a great system and they will install it if you can get to Montgomery, AL - that's what I did. They have a new brake lever that makes it more effective, takes quite a bit of pressure to be as effective as the foot brake. I've got a lot of arthritis and other "old folks" limitations, but can use my right foot most of the time. My hip goes nuts on occasion and this handbrake is the way to go as a backup or for very day, if you can keep pretty good distances between other cages or bikes.
Th are super folks, a big operation making all kinds of high class specialty items for the military and civilian worlds. On the web, Darrell is listed as the sales contact, he also happens to be the President, so he's "the man." Everyone is really customer oriented.
No, I don't have any affiliation, except as a satisfied customer.

Tuck

stewartj239
03-22-2014, 07:10 AM
I can no longer use my right leg. Where can I find hand break, how much do they cost?:hun::duh:

I too have the ISCI hand brake on my RT. It is not cheap, but I did the installation myself and was very impressed with the construction and quality of the product. Once installed, I had my mind made up that it was well worth it. I am coming off of two wheels and have been struggling with the Spyder for the past year because I cannot get used to using just a rear brake. I always have and still do 80% of my braking using a front brake lever. Here is a link to the hand brake. It is about half down the page.

http://www.isciride.com/iscirtparts.htm#handbrakesystem

DocRags
05-14-2014, 07:24 PM
We just had the ISCI handbrake installed on my RT on Monday; I found that with my neuropathy worsening, I was often riding with my feet on the passenger floorboards and didn't like being so far from the brake pedal. Ed changed out the brake lever to one that Jeff sent us home with, thinking it would fit my hand better. It definitely does. I just love the handbrake; ISCI is a quality company with excellent products and customer service.

Chupaca
05-14-2014, 07:36 PM
ISCI is the only one I have seen. Very nice but in the $1300.00 range. Have seen them offered here and on ebay. Glad your still in the hunt with the hand brake you'll be out there in no time..!! :2thumbs: