PDA

View Full Version : Laser allignment

rworell
03-17-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm seeing so many cool posts from Lemonster on FB with him doing Allignments... I have an 08 GS. Do I need this? and why are they being done?

Rich

Lin
03-17-2014, 09:03 AM
From everything I have read on the subject, the tracking will improve. I have yet to hear of anyone that was less than thrilled for having it done.
I have not had mine done YET, however, it will be one of my first rides this year(when we can get out of storage). I have already spoke with Kurt at H.K. Powersports in Hookset, NH.

willey
03-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Had ours done on the 3rd of march in Edgewater after riding down from Ohio.Didnt think I needed it but it was worth the $120.00.Have rode 3,000 miles since and what a difference it made.Went to Ft Myers back to Daytona a couple of days for bike week than to Key West for four days than back to Daytona for the Spyder deal at the track on Sat.Rode the track and now back in Ft Myers for a couple off weeks befor heading home to Ohio.

CentralCoastCA
03-17-2014, 11:16 AM
I have an '08 GS and had mine done 2 weeks ago - it was off quite a bit.

I took a 360 mile ride last weekend through some twistys and was pretty amazed at the difference the alignment made. Turning was much smoother, my riding position was more natural because the handlebars got straightened out and I didn't fight to keep the Spyder in the lanes over bumpy roads.

For me, the alignment was a huge improvement and I am glad we had it done.

rworell
03-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Hey guys thanks so much for your input... I will look into getting this done as well. Hey Lin, I'm 45 min. away from you in Sanford Maine area.... We should ride sometime :D I too use this dealer in Hooksett and I have a fear I won't get my Spyder out of the storage shed until June... so much snow still.... :banghead:

Lin
03-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Hey guys thanks so much for your input... I will look into getting this done as well. Hey Lin, I'm 45 min. away from you in Sanford Maine area.... We should ride sometime :D I too use this dealer in Hooksett and I have a fear I won't get my Spyder out of the storage shed until June... so much snow still.... :banghead:

We'll have to set something up after the ice age retreats.

Gray Ghost
03-17-2014, 12:52 PM
We'll have to set something up after the ice age retreats.

Get out your heat guns or hair dryers. I really want to travel through that area this summer.

Larry rt
03-28-2014, 04:52 PM
I thought you all should read this, saw it in the vendor forum!

before Christmas 2013 Kristal and I were invited to meet with key BRP personnel and engineers. We flew to <font color="mediumblue">Canada<font color="mediumblue"> and had meetings for 2 days.

<font color="red">We have been advised by BRP Canada that Tuesday 3/25/14 they issued a service bulletin named

ROADSTER ALIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS

<font color="mediumblue">In this bulletin they advised their BRP Dealers to check out using The True Laser Track system to align the CanAm Spyder.

<font color="mediumblue">I am so proud that the BRP engineers felt that my True Laser Track patented laser system is a fool proof way to align the Spyder. It is also a slap on the back for me as if my system was “Mickey Mouse” it would have ended up in the trash can. Every piece was taken apart and checked for accuracy…I am proud to say they did not ask me to replace anything ...ALL my parts and pieces in the laser system passed their test and the laser system remains the same system that we have sold for the last 8 months. One of the additions they asked for was to have MM scales on the targets, this will help for the technicians that measure in MM, inch scales are also an option.

<font color="red">As of today we have 29 BRP dealers in 16 states and Canada that have our system. Add to the mix 12 independents and it is a pretty good guess that laser aligns will soon be in everyone’s neighborhood.

<fon

Michiganspyderman
03-29-2014, 01:49 PM
I thought you all should read this, saw it in the vendor forum!

before Christmas 2013 Kristal and I were invited to meet with key BRP personnel and engineers. We flew to <font color="mediumblue">Canada<font color="mediumblue"> and had meetings for 2 days.

<font color="red">We have been advised by BRP Canada that Tuesday 3/25/14 they issued a service bulletin named

ROADSTER ALIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS

<font color="mediumblue">In this bulletin they advised their BRP Dealers to check out using The True Laser Track system to align the CanAm Spyder.

<font color="mediumblue">I am so proud that the BRP engineers felt that my True Laser Track patented laser system is a fool proof way to align the Spyder. It is also a slap on the back for me as if my system was “Mickey Mouse” it would have ended up in the trash can. Every piece was taken apart and checked for accuracy…I am proud to say they did not ask me to replace anything ...ALL my parts and pieces in the laser system passed their test and the laser system remains the same system that we have sold for the last 8 months. One of the additions they asked for was to have MM scales on the targets, this will help for the technicians that measure in MM, inch scales are also an option.

<font color="red">As of today we have 29 BRP dealers in 16 states and Canada that have our system. Add to the mix 12 independents and it is a pretty good guess that laser aligns will soon be in everyone’s neighborhood.

<fon

Are there any licensed laser alignment dealers in Michigan? I haven't been able to locate any. Thanks!

Larry rt
03-29-2014, 03:06 PM
They will be doing them on the 4/11 and 4/12 in bay city ! I am going on the 11th , sat. Is getting full . You can PM FLAspydergirl to add you to the schedule .
Look at the Michigan chapter on this site , you will se some info. Getting mine done before we go to Spyderfest .

Larry rt
03-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Michiganspyderman, I sent you a PM