PDA

View Full Version : Frunk lock

keltic
03-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Have a 2013 RT limited and the trunk will not unlock. Haven't a clue was working great then nothing. Any ideas?

Cruzr Joe
03-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Have a 2013 RT limited and the trunk will not unlock. Haven't a clue was working great then nothing. Any ideas?

Sometime the the rubber seal gets a little out of place and throws the lock off center

Try to hold the frunk down while pushing the key to unlock it

if that works put the rubber seal back on correctly

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
03-15-2014, 10:36 PM
that should have read wile pushing and turning the key to unlock it

Cruzr Joe

if you still have trouble call me at 501 580-5595

Joe

keltic
03-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the information the trunk will unlock using the key, but will not automatic unlock using the switch that has the brake lock on it. I guess I should have made myself more clear. Any ideas why switch just stopped working?

wis2013rtltd
03-15-2014, 11:22 PM
take it to the dealer, should be under warranty.

Cruzr Joe
03-15-2014, 11:47 PM
I would check my fuses next and make sure they are good and seated properly.

Let us know what you find.

Cruzr Joe

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-16-2014, 01:44 AM
The microswitch in the trunk may need adjusting. I read in other posts that the arm can be bent out of shape fairly easily.

NancysToy
03-16-2014, 09:28 PM
It could be as simple as the trunk latch needing to be lubed and adjusted. See your dealer and he can figure it out.

PMK
03-17-2014, 03:32 AM
The microswitch in the trunk may need adjusting. I read in other posts that the arm can be bent out of shape fairly easily.

Interesting to hear this. I have been considering a homegrown version of the electric setup. Without accomplishing a look at a wiring diagram, typical installations similar to this led me to believe the switch is for the warning light and / or interior light. Not the circuit to unlatch the cover.

PK

NancysToy
03-17-2014, 06:43 AM
Interesting to hear this. I have been considering a homegrown version of the electric setup. Without accomplishing a look at a wiring diagram, typical installations similar to this led me to believe the switch is for the warning light and / or interior light. Not the circuit to unlatch the cover.

PK

The microswitch is a very necessary part of the trunk unlatching circuit.

MMcc
03-17-2014, 07:13 AM
I noticed the tab on the micro switch had been bent off center on mine. Straightened it out and it now works fine. Check the alignment between the micro switch and frunk lid. May need a slight adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
03-17-2014, 07:44 AM
That's the ticket! :2thumbs:
I was just going to suggest taking a close look at that little critter; they can get bent pretty easy... :opps:

finless
03-17-2014, 11:48 AM
When I bent the actuator on the switch for the frunk I got a warning on the dash that the frunk was open.
I would think if that was your problem you would see a warning.

Bob

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-17-2014, 02:54 PM
If you want I can tell you how I did it. Take a look at my posting about lighting up my frunk, trunk, and saddlebag. The microswitch is used in both the actuator circuit and the frunk light circuit.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-17-2014, 03:22 PM
When I bent the actuator on the switch for the frunk I got a warning on the dash that the frunk was open.

Bob
Good point! :agree:

NancysToy
03-17-2014, 07:26 PM

Bob
????? There is no warning for the front trunk, only the rear cargo compartment and the side luggages.

keltic
03-17-2014, 09:55 PM
I took it to the dealer to day and the microswitch is bad. They have order me another one and will let me know when it comes in. We are getting ready to leave for Death Valley next week so it will have to wait till we get back. I guess we will get use to using the key to open. Thanks to all for your help. I do all my own work on the wing but I have not play with the Can Am much yet. So I guess it is time to start.

finless
03-18-2014, 07:43 PM
????? There is no warning for the front trunk, only the rear cargo compartment and the side luggages.

Crap your right. I just tried it.
The day I bent my actuator I must have also had the rear open or something! :banghead:

I could have sworn I saw a warning that day and that what led me to look as I had the panels off and when I put them back on I bent the actuator.
I know I saw a warning...

But I just tested and your right... no warning. :banghead:

Bob