PDA

View Full Version : BajaRon swaybar and Spyderpop bumpskid installed. Laser alignment next week

Mike on a Trike
03-15-2014, 09:48 PM
I purchased my Spyder as a daily commuter vehicle to enable me to use the HOV lane on my daily commute to work of 30 miles each way. The Spyder has performed admirably in this task, and I have the added bonus of fewer blood pressure increasing foul language rants while stuck in traffic. 3500 miles since the end of December and running strong. I do have a couple of high speed sweeping curves at freeway exchanges where I definitively feel a fair amount of body roll. Purchased BajaRon's swaybar to lessen that issue and also SpyderPop's bumpskid for the protection. Just installed both today. Took a bit longer than I would have expected, but then again this is the first time I have done anything to it other than ride it. I became intimately more familiar with it today with my head up its skirt for several hours. Those two additions done, and looking forward to a SquaredAway laser alignment next weekend. Looking forward to making a good thing better!

Big thanks to BajaRon and SpyderPop for great products. Also a big thanks to all of you who share your experiences and how-to's. Priceless information.

Blue Star
03-15-2014, 10:10 PM
I purchased my Spyder as a daily commuter vehicle to enable me to use the HOV lane on my daily commute to work of 30 miles each way. The Spyder has performed admirably in this task, and I have the added bonus of fewer blood pressure increasing foul language rants while stuck in traffic. 3500 miles since the end of December and running strong. I do have a couple of high speed sweeping curves at freeway exchanges where I definitively feel a fair amount of body roll. Purchased BajaRon's swaybar to lessen that issue and also SpyderPop's bumpskid for the protection. Just installed both today. Took a bit longer than I would have expected, but then again this is the first time I have done anything to it other than ride it. I became intimately more familiar with it today with my head up its skirt for several hours. Those two additions done, and looking forward to a SquaredAway laser alignment next weekend. Looking forward to making a good thing better!

Big thanks to BajaRon and SpyderPop for great products. Also a big thanks to all of you who share your experiences and how-to's. Priceless information.

I know what you mean about the time to install the Bumpskid, but the second time I installed it was faster. Lesson learned, install the swaybar first LOL.

Cruzr Joe
03-15-2014, 10:27 PM

Well you did the right ones first. Enjoy the ride

Cruzr Joe

SpyderAnn01
03-16-2014, 12:24 AM
The swaybar install is less than fun on the 13! It wasn't so bad on the older models but jacking the Spyder up sky high is a little unnerving. Looking forward to meeting you next week and getting you squared away.

Mike on a Trike
03-16-2014, 09:42 AM
I know what you mean about the time to install the Bumpskid, but the second time I installed it was faster. Lesson learned, install the swaybar first LOL.

The bumpskid actually was a pretty quick install. I spent more time on the swaybar. And Ann, yes, it was a bit discomforting jacking the front end way up, then having the bike move around a bit while trying to "coax" the new swaybar into place. Had jackstands in place under the A arms, but didn't have much weight on them.

lwrydr
03-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Just installed both items last week and it was interesting having the :spyder2: front end way up in the air. We got it all done and it seems to like it.

Shana
03-16-2014, 10:20 AM
I just ordered my sway bar last night and will be ordering my bumpskid.