PDA

View Full Version : Test rode a new 14' today, and

wis2013rtltd
03-15-2014, 07:05 PM
here are my thoughts and my story..

We are trading in our 13' White Limited that we bought new last March, and drove about 10,800 miles last season.
We had a few issues that were repaired by the dealer under warranty.

1. Frunk switch quit working
2. Sway bar link broke
3. Replaced cannister and purge valve
4. Master cylinder recall
5. E brake cable adjustment

Two issues they never were able to fix were;

1. Fuel smell, which was terrible after a long ride
2. Heat on right foot, although it was quite tolerable

We enjoyed each mile and although the rpms were high on the highway we generally felt it had adequate power and overall were satisfied with the 991.

After riding the 14' today, it was like an entire different machine...
The powerband is predictable, and as smooth as silk, the torque and that 6th speed is amazing. As far as handling, I think it is slightly better than the 13', especially at highway speeds in the wind. The 13' I thought handling and braking was much much better than the 12' we rode, but I think the 14' is only slightly better than the 13'.
Our White with black accents RT-S was ordered today with the GPS and frunk switch upgrades added, and we are looking forward to our new 14' in a month or a little sooner..

ARtraveler
03-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks for posting. We will look forward to pictures of your new RT.

SpyderAnn01
03-15-2014, 07:51 PM
I am willing to bet that you will love your new RT.

bassman
03-15-2014, 09:19 PM
here are my thoughts and my story..

We are trading in our 13' White Limited that we bought new last March, and drove about 10,800 miles last season.
We had a few issues that were repaired by the dealer under warranty.

1. Frunk switch quit working
2. Sway bar link broke
3. Replaced cannister and purge valve
4. Master cylinder recall
5. E brake cable adjustment

Two issues they never were able to fix were;

1. Fuel smell, which was terrible after a long ride
2. Heat on right foot, although it was quite tolerable

We enjoyed each mile and although the rpms were high on the highway we generally felt it had adequate power and overall were satisfied with the 991.

After riding the 14' today, it was like an entire different machine...
The powerband is predictable, and as smooth as silk, the torque and that 6th speed is amazing. As far as handling, I think it is slightly better than the 13', especially at highway speeds in the wind. The 13' I thought handling and braking was much much better than the 12' we rode, but I think the 14' is only slightly better than the 13'.
Our White with black accents RT-S was ordered today with the GPS and frunk switch upgrades added, and we are looking forward to our new 14' in a month or a little sooner..

Does the 14 react as bad as the 13 to wind buffeting?

Cruzr Joe
03-15-2014, 09:21 PM
I am willing to bet that you will love your new RT.

:agree:

Cruzr Joe

Purple Guy
03-15-2014, 11:11 PM
:congrats: on the upgrade!

Rayelljay
03-16-2014, 12:05 AM
Watched my dealer assemble a new '14 RT for some lucky ryder and it is quite a machine.
I am torn...I have a lovely '11 RS SM which requires only oil and gas. My other point of concern is the structural capability of my storage building...my Spyder is fine but I fear of imposing another 300+ on the floor structure.
I look forward to a test drive one day.

Bob Denman
03-16-2014, 09:04 AM
:congrats: from me too! :2thumbs:

Tango
03-16-2014, 09:43 AM
:congrats::ohyea:

bodymanpainter
03-16-2014, 10:10 AM
:congrats: Enjoy and ride safe! I like the white one's too!
Toby