PDA

View Full Version : BumpSkid Install

Mike on a Trike
03-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Getting ready to tackle the install of the BajaRon swaybar and SpyderPops BumpSkid. Perhaps it will become obvious once I get into the project, but looking at the instructions that come with the bumpskid, it is difficult to determine if the OEM skidplate is removed or if the bumpskid is installed over it. Quick answer, anyone? Thanks in advance!

Cruzr Joe
03-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Getting ready to tackle the install of the BajaRon swaybar and SpyderPops BumpSkid. Perhaps it will become obvious once I get into the project, but looking at the instructions that come with the bumpskid, it is difficult to determine if the OEM skidplate is removed or if the bumpskid is installed over it. Quick answer, anyone? Thanks in advance!

on 2013 and below, you remove the original plate

on 2014 RT series it is optional

Cruzr Joe

Mike on a Trike
03-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Thank you!

samewok
03-15-2014, 01:34 PM
As joe said.

Mike on a Trike
03-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Upon further review, if I had read the statement in red ink ABOVE the photo instructions before digging in, I would have seen the clear instructions to remove the existing skid plate. D'oh! I hate it when that happens.

Bass 6
03-15-2014, 03:01 PM
I just complete the install and you remove the old skid plastic plate. i used the short clips on the wings although.