PDA

View Full Version : 2013-9 Update

lwrydr
03-14-2014, 07:27 PM
I had the 2013-9 update installed yesterday. The :spyder2: seemed to start easier and ran real good on my way home on the freeway at around 65 mph. Had them give me a printout of the BUDS reports,
interesting if I understood it all. Now have all my farkles installed. I want to extent my highway pegs when Lamonster has his new ones ready. Ride tomorrow here in Oly for the Lost Brothers Run.

Dragonfly
03-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Had mine updated this morning at Honda House in Chesterfield, they also replace the Fuse Covers. I have to agree she does idle and runs and shifts much smoother. Now just hope it will improve my MPG, currently I'm getting between 23 and 25 MPG :pray:

lwrydr
03-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Had mine updated this morning at Honda House in Chesterfield, they also replace the Fuse Covers. I have to agree she does idle and runs and shifts much smoother. Now just hope it will improve my MPG, currently I'm getting between 23 and 25 MPG :pray:

I filled it up today and will check the milage, but usually get around 30 mpg. Stay tuned.

Bob Denman
03-15-2014, 06:47 PM
I had the 2013-9 update installed yesterday. The :spyder2: seemed to start easier and ran real good on my way home on the freeway at around 65 mph. Had them give me a printout of the BUDS reports,
interesting if I understood it all. Now have all my farkles installed. I want to extent my highway pegs when Lamonster has his new ones ready. Ride tomorrow here in Oly for the Lost Brothers Run.
:congrats:
and best wishes for more good news! :thumbup:

Dragonfly
03-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Real test will come end of April

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Huddleston
03-16-2014, 07:58 AM
I did my first fill up the other day after having the update done. I insert the hose about an inch and a half, and stop when it cuts off. I had not intended to compare mileage after the update, but I take mental note of the mileage each time I fill up. It appears that I got 35 mpg! I was so surprised that I forgot to reset my odometer for the next tank. I will be more careful and exact in measuring in the future. I still question the result, but who knows!

cuznjohn
03-16-2014, 08:02 AM
i am not going to have my update done until i see what the bike does with the new vents i put on

hogrider46
03-16-2014, 09:12 AM

It's my understanding that Lamonts new highway pegs are for the new 2014 RT and mount to the factory floorboards. Maybe wrong about this so check it out. Ended up getting his standard brackets for my 2010.

Steve

SNOOPY
03-24-2014, 08:45 PM

Do we if when this update is done, does it reset other computer settings such as the DPS(?) setting that needs to be set to zero after an alignment?

Gray Ghost
03-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Do we if when this update is done, does it reset other computer settings such as the DPS(?) setting that needs to be set to zero after an alignment?

I can't see that happening. Changing those settings is a process that requires human input (make sure handlebars are straight, etc. I haven't updated a Spyder myself, but I have updated other bikes and it is a lot like updating a regular computer, just downloading a file and installing it.

SNOOPY
03-25-2014, 05:14 AM
I can't see that happening. Changing those settings is a process that requires human input (make sure handlebars are straight, etc. I haven't updated a Spyder myself, but I have updated other bikes and it is a lot like updating a regular computer, just downloading a file and installing it.

Thanks, I'll ask them to physically reset it then. :thumbup:

Dragonfly
04-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Mileage update: Filled up for the first time since the update and calculated 33 MPG. Hope this will be the norm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

3 Wheel Addict
04-01-2014, 03:29 PM
I haven't done an accurate check but I'm right in that range.... 32 mpg so far but it's iffy. I will agree that the bike does run way way better with that update done. Heat seems better to but only time will tell with that issue.

Biggdogg22
04-01-2014, 03:54 PM
I haven't done an accurate check but I'm right in that range.... 32 mpg so far but it's iffy. I will agree that the bike does run way way better with that update done. Heat seems better to but only time will tell with that issue.
I'm guessing once I install the CAT replacement pipe that Lamonster has, the mileage rate and power will increase significantly. The Catalyst converter creates back presser resulting in power loss as well as an increase in fuel consumption.

MouthPiece
04-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Today has been the first really warm day (85 degrees) that I've taken my spyder out. (2013 RT-S). I had this service bulletin performed. As I said earlier in this post my spyder is runnin much smoother now. My gas mileage appears to be a little less (and I do mean a little) than before. The ambient temp on my spyder was reading 100 degrees and I was NOT getting the heat from my corbin gas door that I was prior to the bulletin being performed. Admittedly I wear shorts when I ride, and therefore, I know to expect it to be hot. However, today even with shorts I did not get burned on the inside of my left thigh. Perhaps this bulletin has helped. We're supposed to have 90 degree weather in a couple of days so I'll report back after then.

Chris

SNOOPY
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Today has been the first really warm day (85 degrees) that I've taken my spyder out. (2013 RT-S). I had this service bulletin performed. As I said earlier in this post my spyder is runnin much smoother now. My gas mileage appears to be a little less (and I do mean a little) than before. The ambient temp on my spyder was reading 100 degrees and I was NOT getting the heat from my corbin gas door that I was prior to the bulletin being performed. Admittedly I wear shorts when I ride, and therefore, I know to expect it to be hot. However, today even with shorts I did not get burned on the inside of my left thigh. Perhaps this bulletin has helped. We're supposed to have 90 degree weather in a couple of days so I'll report back after then.

Chris

Thank you, you, and very interested in your further reports !