PDA

View Full Version : Apple customer service stinks

Cavman
03-12-2014, 11:03 PM
About a week ago, I started getting a pop up on my iPad 2 that says: "Storage Almost Full".
Every five minutes it pops up and I have tap on it for it to go away. I was down to about 4BG left out of 32GB. I have deleted four movies and a boat load of photos. Now I have 11.1 GB of free space.

Does anyone know how to make this thing, that rears it's ugly head every five minutes, to go away? Yes, I've timed it. The folks at Apple sure don't know? About the sixth person I talked to was trying to get me to upload movies to iTunes. It's not possible as there was a circle with a line through it preventing me to do so. Then we got disconnected and he didn't have the decency to call me back. It's funny to me that I have to hook my iPad up to a PC in order for an Apple Tech to try and fix an Apple product. What's with that?

I've tried a search on the web and found nothing for the iPad to cure this. Seems a lot of iPhone users have this same problem. No solution is given?

Thanks for any ideas y'all can give me.

Knarfoh
03-13-2014, 12:02 AM
The issue may be caused by a significant number of compiled (not synchronized) iCloud changes in its journal. You need to force iCloud backup to free up space. To do it, you need to connect iPhone/iPad to power, then to wi-fi and chose "back up now" in iCloud settings.

Let me know if this works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Motorcycledave
03-13-2014, 12:08 AM
That is what I did and it worked, no trouble.....

The issue may be caused by a significant number of compiled (not synchronized) iCloud changes in its journal. You need to force iCloud backup to free up space. To do it, you need to connect iPhone/iPad to power, then to wi-fi and chose "back up now" in iCloud settings.

Let me know if this works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

snics
03-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Apple Customer Service, never heard of it.
Apple sole purpose in life is to sell more of their new devices.

wyliec
03-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Try going to your General setting on your iPad, then About, next Diagnostic and Usage Data, and again Diagnostic and Usage Data. If you see a lot of stuff listed, do a sync to your Mac computer and all the stuff listed in Diagnostics and Usage Data will disappear. I say Mac computer because I have a Mac. This will free up space, if you've never done it before.

I've never had a problem with Apple customer service.