PDA

View Full Version : First hundred miles on my RT

dtkennney
03-12-2014, 06:37 PM
We'll I now have 100 RT miles under my belt.

love the power and acceleration
the ride is smooth and stable. Don' t think I will need a different sway bar.
Ride position an distance to handle bars is perfect for me.
Engine sound has a nice rumble to it.

I really have have no dislikes just annoyances

shifting seems rough
brake peddle position could be better.

I am still in the learning curve for the bike. I am not very smooth at taking corners at highway speed. I feel like the bike my flip over as I lean into the turn. Hopefully I will improve over time.

On the bright side
My wife would not get on the back of my two wheeler. She tried the RT for a short ride yesterday. When she woke up this morning she wanted to go for another ride. She loved it. Now we can bike together.

Purple Guy
03-12-2014, 06:43 PM
:congrats: on your new ride!

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it and that your Wife is as well!!!
A couple more spins around the block and your cornering will get alot more comfortable...
Have Fun!

SpyderDen
03-12-2014, 07:23 PM
We'll I now have 100 RT miles under my belt.

On the bright side
My wife would not get on the back of my two wheeler. She tried the RT for a short ride yesterday. When she woke up this morning she wanted to go for another ride. She loved it. Now we can bike together.

I would say that's worth the price of admission.

PatGund
03-12-2014, 07:48 PM

I quite understand that. One of my best friends hates riding two-up on her husband's sport bike. She loves riding two-up on my RT though.

End result on rides, he gets to play on his sports bike, and I get a pretty and dear lady snuggled up on my back. I think I got the better end of that deal.

ARtraveler
03-12-2014, 09:42 PM
I am guessing that it will only get better as more miles are driven. :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
03-12-2014, 09:58 PM
It does take a while to get used to the position of the brake pedal on the SE. Drove me crazy for several hundred miles. Enjoy!