PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual NC Spyder Ride

patches
08-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Here are some great pics from last weekend's NC spyder ride. Well, I think we had a Virginian in there too but that is ok since he had snake skin cowboy boats on :doorag:. I will let Sam "Hevnbound" provide the details of the ride as I was paying attention to all the twisties, not sure where in the mountains we were but wow. I think we even went down a couple of golf cart paths but left when we heard the banjo music. Thanks to Angie for getting the pics while trying to hang on. Good news, she was not as sore as we all thought. :p

What a great ride. It was great practice for the upcoming Gatlinburg trip.
NC Spyderride (http://picasaweb.google.com/chicnrdu)

HevnBound was an outstanding leader. Nobody got lost and even ncsypderwomen was able to stay with the pack most of time..;). I think her hubby just wanted to watch her behind..lol.

patches
08-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I also wanted to note..6 spyders total and not a single one had the same exchaust or stock. You can hear us coming from miles away.

bjt
08-18-2008, 08:37 AM
:2thumbs: Sounds like it was a great ride, nice pictures too. :clap: :doorag:

dbnc
08-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Had a great time on the first leg of the ride.. Wish I coulda keep going but other plans sent me in the opposite direction.. It was awesome riding down the hwy with spyders lined up and watching people stare and wave.. We must do it again soon and I mean real soon..

My SE5 should be here and ready by the weekend so looking forward to more NC rides... Great meeting everyone and glad the ride finished up well...

On a side note:

My brothers bike was stolen in Myrtle Beach Saturday night.. Him and whis wife rode down Sat. afternoon and when they got up Sunday morning it was gone.. I had to drive down yesterday and pick them up.. On the way home I found out he didn't know how to lock the wheel so he made it easy.. I'm sure somebody saw it and figured out the wheel was unlocked and pushed it on the back of a trailer.. The police told him it was actually the 2nd spyder stolen there this summer.. The total for stolen bikes was around 45 which the officers said was good compared to last summer..

He is not sure if he wants to replace it after the insurance company lets him know in 30 days if they don't find it.. It was an impulse purchase for him but after a month I think the excitement had started to wear off for him as mine just continues to grow more and more every day..

Spyderjuice
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
The pictures are great and it looks like it was a great ride. (A great day for a ride too.) I wanted to go but my :spyder:won't be delivered to me for two weeks yet. I hope you will have another ride real soon. Please let us know when. Can't wait. :2thumbs:

SpyderJuice

patches
08-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Sam, let's go ahead and schedule something next month sometime but not at the same time as Gatlinburg. Might have to wait until October but let's see. October in the mountains is great. Maybe we can go slow enough to actaully see what they look like..lol.
FYI..Sam and Vinnie are like one when they are riding on thier spyders..it was great ot watch them fly around the corners. Never thought I would see a Spyder pushed to limits such as those. Any even better..nobody got hurt of ended up with a ticket. Although, one officier was trying to figure out how two spyders got in front of a pickup truck and the rest of us where behind on mountain road.

SpyderJuice, where are you located?

Spyderjuice
08-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Patches,

Located in High Point, NC

SpyderJuice

bjt
08-18-2008, 07:07 PM
My brothers bike was stolen in Myrtle Beach Saturday night.. Him and whis wife rode down Sat. afternoon and when they got up Sunday morning it was gone.. I had to drive down yesterday and pick them up.. On the way home I found out he didn't know how to lock the wheel so he made it easy.. I'm sure somebody saw it and figured out the wheel was unlocked and pushed it on the back of a trailer.. The police told him it was actually the 2nd spyder stolen there this summer.. The total for stolen bikes was around 45 which the officers said was good compared to last summer..

He is not sure if he wants to replace it after the insurance company lets him know in 30 days if they don't find it.. It was an impulse purchase for him but after a month I think the excitement had started to wear off for him as mine just continues to grow more and more every day..

That stinks. So now you are back without a Spyder again until yours comes in...

dbnc
08-18-2008, 08:42 PM
That stinks. So now you are back without a Spyder again until yours comes in...

I've had mine for 2-3 weeks now and loving it.. I went on the first half of the NC Spyder ride and had a great time.. The SE5 will actually be a second bike until I sell the SM5.. Thought the wife was going to ride but she changed her mind and I've fallen in love with the SE5 so the SM5 must go...

Lamonster
08-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Man I wish I could have made that. Thanks for the pics.:thumbup:

bjt
08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Man I wish I could have made that. Thanks for the pics.:thumbup:

Now I know how you got 20,000 miles on your Spyder. You try and go on every ride out there... :D :thumbup: :2thumbs:

NEXUS
08-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Here are some great pics from last weekend's NC spyder ride. Well, I think we had a Virginian in there too but that is ok since he had snake skin cowboy boats on :doorag:. I will let Sam "Hevnbound" provide the details of the ride as I was paying attention to all the twisties, not sure where in the mountains we were but wow. I think we even went down a couple of golf cart paths but left when we heard the banjo music. Thanks to Angie for getting the pics while trying to hang on. Good news, she was not as sore as we all thought. :p

HevnBound was an outstanding leader. Nobody got lost and even ncsypderwomen was able to stay with the pack most of time..;). I think her hubby just wanted to watch her behind..lol.

I had a heck of a good time.
I'd rather meet people face to face than cyberspace.
Sam worked his magic and got us a very exceptional good day weatherwise.

He also worked his magic on Vinnie"s Spyder when we got ready to leave it
went into limp home mode and Sam sat on it put the key in and worked his magic
and it cranked up.

I did my best trying to keep up with Sam and Vinnie but I had a hard time
keeping all three wheels down.
I couldn't tell if Sam was towing Vinnie or if Vinnie was pushing Sam either way
they could push those curves better than me.

It must have been the Corbin saddlebags or maybe I need little three wheel leaning training.

Now if you've never eaten a pork chop sandwich you need to. I don't know if I was
hungrier than normal but that Mt Airy Snappy sandwich was delicious.

In retrospect this what is all about good times and sharing experiences with friends.:cheers:

Nexus

bjt
08-19-2008, 06:00 PM
In retrospect this what is all about good times and sharing experiences with friends.:cheers:

Nexus

Here here. :cheers: See you in Gatlinburg bro. :thumbup:

spyderwoman
08-20-2008, 03:22 PM

hey now watch it patches i did pretty good for a girl....i just could not compete with all that testosterone up front! :D i still think you all kept me along so the state trooper would get the slow one in the back while you all made your escape...because believe me if that trooper had turned around dear hubby would have peeled around me and left me too! you guys have nerves of steel is all i can say but i had a blast. could not have asked for a nicer group to ride with and i would love to tag along again if you guys could stand ole slow poke coming. just to let you others understand the pace these guys were going- i was barely keeping them in sight and i was getting up to 60-70 mph sometimes on back mountain curvy roads...:yikes: maybe one weekend we can get you all up this way. we live off 181 near the parkway so if you guys want some more omg curvey roads, you can crash at our house and we'll introduce you to some great places up here. we don't have a deep fried battered pork chop sandwich but we could head up to mt. mitchell , sam says they have a great place to eat there. again, thanks sam for a great day and i'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

hevnbound
08-20-2008, 04:45 PM
It was a great time indeed!! I've held off posting hoping I would find time to get the pictures and the video posted. Hopefully next week.

Thanks for all the kind words - I enjoyed everything about the day. Just wish DBNC could have hung around longer.

Some of the highlights of the trip: the fast food service at 150 Bistro (NOT!), Vinnie's "llimp home mode" before we even got started :shocked:, great roads, fantastic machines (Spyder), perfect weather, good scenery, safe trip and above all, the most excellent company. :2thumbs:

Some more memories: Everyone trying to get away from that VTX1300 on our tail roflmao, the shocked Trooper :shocked:, Lovers Leap, the girl in the ditch, keeping Vinnie (Spyer3Rdr) from runing over me , curves and more curves, the cow path, the Spyder parade down main street in Mt. Airy, the long line, Pork Chop Sandwich and the final ride down that twisty Hwy 66!!

Thanks Angie for the pictures. Patches, Spyderjuice and everyone ..... we do need to do it again soon but someone else will have to take it. I like what NCSpyderwoman offered.

DBNC .. a real bummer on your brothers bike. Sorry you had to go through that. It was great meeting you.

NEXUS .. just to set the record straight!! Vinnie is the man. I've never seen anyone that can ride a Spyder like that dude can.:bowdown: OH ... by-the-way - you all need to see NEXUS's Spyder. AWESOME!

DWIGHT .... I've forgotten your handle and I hope I got the name right! It was great riding with you and hope we can do it again. Actually you were the second smartest in the group since you had the other yellow Spyder!!

P. S. Just kidding about trying to get away from the VTX1300. That was Jimmie, NCSPYDERWOMAN's husband who did a great job as sweeper for us. I'm sure that's why Cindy didn't ride her Spyder faster ... she didn't want to leave hubby in the dust!!:D

patches
08-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Agree..the company was great...now..I want to see the video SAM. See you all in Gatlinburg.

ncspyder
08-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Please add me to you groups email list for your next ride. I live in the Oak Ridge area and I was fortunate enough to get the first NC Spyder sold. Blk/Grey w/ modifications. I would love to meet you and ride some. I am putting together a ride October 24-26 to include Deals gap and the Snake if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Lets :chat:

ncspyder
08-20-2008, 11:23 PM
In case your not familiar with this site, it maps some great rides in our area: http://www.motorcycleplayground.com/:clap:

hevnbound
08-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Please add me to you groups email list for your next ride. I live in the Oak Ridge area and I was fortunate enough to get the first NC Spyder sold. Blk/Grey w/ modifications. I would love to meet you and ride some. I am putting together a ride October 24-26 to include Deals gap and the Snake if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Lets :chat:

We don't have a group email --- although that is a great idea --- the ride was posted on both forums (SpyderLovers & SpyderTalk) and SpyderRyder.com under "events". Also on SpyderTalk it was posted in the Regional section in the NC forum. I am bummed you didn't know about the ride - especially since you were right where we met to start the ride in Oak Ridge!!! :sour:

Keep us posted on the Oct ride ... I'm there! I've ridden those areas many times and they are great roads. It's quite a stretch from the Snake to the Gap, isn't it? Also, we will have ridden the Gap during the Gatlinburg event. Hope you can make that.

Lamonster
08-21-2008, 08:29 AM
You do know you can add events here right? :doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/calendar.php

hevnbound
08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
You do know you can add events here right? :doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/calendar.php

Now I do!!!:shocked:

dbnc
08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Great meeting everyone and I had a blast from Raleigh to Oak Ridge to Virginia.. Next time I hope to stay for the entire trip but it was a great day.. Left the house at 6:30 am and got back home at 4:30 am.. I was so excited after taking my shower it still took me an hour to get to sleep..

Much to my joy my SE5 also showed up this week and it is awesome as well.. Now I have to decide which one to keep.. After 200 miles on the SE5 not really sure which one to keep.. I love them both but keeping both is not an option.. I guess I will take the weekend to enjoy and decide next week..

Lets get together again after labor day weekend and do it all over again...

DB

It was a great time indeed!! I've held off posting hoping I would find time to get the pictures and the video posted. Hopefully next week.

Thanks for all the kind words - I enjoyed everything about the day. Just wish DBNC could have hung around longer.

Some of the highlights of the trip: the fast food service at 150 Bistro (NOT!), Vinnie's "llimp home mode" before we even got started :shocked:, great roads, fantastic machines (Spyder), perfect weather, good scenery, safe trip and above all, the most excellent company. :2thumbs:

Some more memories: Everyone trying to get away from that VTX1300 on our tail roflmao, the shocked Trooper :shocked:, Lovers Leap, the girl in the ditch, keeping Vinnie (Spyer3Rdr) from runing over me , curves and more curves, the cow path, the Spyder parade down main street in Mt. Airy, the long line, Pork Chop Sandwich and the final ride down that twisty Hwy 66!!

Thanks Angie for the pictures. Patches, Spyderjuice and everyone ..... we do need to do it again soon but someone else will have to take it. I like what NCSpyderwoman offered.

DBNC .. a real bummer on your brothers bike. Sorry you had to go through that. It was great meeting you.

NEXUS .. just to set the record straight!! Vinnie is the man. I've never seen anyone that can ride a Spyder like that dude can.:bowdown: OH ... by-the-way - you all need to see NEXUS's Spyder. AWESOME!

DWIGHT .... I've forgotten your handle and I hope I got the name right! It was great riding with you and hope we can do it again. Actually you were the second smartest in the group since you had the other yellow Spyder!!

P. S. Just kidding about trying to get away from the VTX1300. That was Jimmie, NCSPYDERWOMAN's husband who did a great job as sweeper for us. I'm sure that's why Cindy didn't ride her Spyder faster ... she didn't want to leave hubby in the dust!!:D