PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Bike Week Fatalities

Bob Ledford
03-12-2014, 02:47 PM
The Bike Week related fatalities stands at 5 this morning. This number covers as large an area as I can get news on. Please drive with care!

ARtraveler
03-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Yes, all please drive safe and sober. :thumbup:

lookerjdc
03-12-2014, 03:17 PM
5? damn....

I've been up in Daytona 2 days and haven't seen or heard any accidents

today is my day off

tomorrow I go back up and am leading some rides for folks, same on friday, and then the BRP event on saturday

keep your eyes open and head moving

Bob Denman
03-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Please :shocked:; stay safe! :2thumbs:

Paulssr
03-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Can we still sign upon line for the BRP event on sat. Crystal was going to send me a web address for BRP but never got it.

5? damn....

today is my day off

tomorrow I go back up and am leading some rides for folks, same on friday, and then the BRP event on saturday

SPYD1
03-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I read one of them was from a trike but they didn't specify any other info...be safe!!!:pray:

Can-Am Poogs
03-13-2014, 05:47 PM
The Bike Week related fatalities stands at 5 this morning. This number covers as large an area as I can get news on. Please drive with care!

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140310/NEWS/140319940?Title=Second-Bike-Week-motorcycle-death-reported

Kraut
03-13-2014, 05:57 PM
HOLY COW!! Is this level of accidents/fatalities common on large rallies or is this a bad year? Please, everybody ride and be safe.

Bob Ledford
03-13-2014, 06:13 PM
5? damn....

today is my day off

My stats are no scientific I just listen to the reports from Bright House and keep the numbers in my head. I think there was Ocala, Brevard, Ormond, Daytona. Last years total was like 7 but they did not include out of area counties.

Bob Ledford
03-13-2014, 06:29 PM
HOLY COW!! Is this level of accidents/fatalities common on large rallies or is this a bad year? Please, everybody ride and be safe.

Since I have coming or doing Bike Week (63) was my last move into FL the usual number is 3 to 5.…BW encompasses so many different counties and the media does a sucky job of reporting them. They probably miss half of them.

Can-Am Poogs
03-13-2014, 07:37 PM

There are always a couple on the way to Sturgis. Some bike riders don't mix well with cars. Some care riders don't mix well bikes. Seen and been in a few close calls, and it always seems to happen the closer you get to the event. IMHO

One of these days I have to make it to a Spyder event....