PDA

View Full Version : orange lights on screen top and bottom

OLD FTS
03-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Coming home from Daytona we got orange lights on the top and bottom of the display screen- but no codes or flashing. Nothing changed in the performance. Can anyone help us figure this out? We turned on the trike this morning and the orange is still there.
Thanks.

Cruzr Joe
03-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Coming home from Daytona we got orange lights on the top and bottom of the display screen- but no codes or flashing. Nothing changed in the performance. Can anyone help us figure this out? We turned on the trike this morning and the orange is still there.
Thanks.

My first thought is that one of the luggage compartments are not completely closed.

Open each one and close it good and see if that helps. It has happened to me before.

Cruzr Joe

bcoulter19
03-12-2014, 02:04 PM
how dark is it outside?

bcoulter19
03-12-2014, 02:07 PM
my 2013 RTS does that when it gets dark. I thought it was normal operating procedure. it makes the screen more visible when it is dark outside.

Cruzr Joe
03-12-2014, 02:10 PM
If it turns out to be the Night Mode screen ....................................... you need to get out more often. :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

bcoulter19
03-12-2014, 02:16 PM
he did describe it as just being at the top and bottom of the screen which is what the night mode is, Right.

ARtraveler
03-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Cannot offer any advice--but will keep watching. I am also guessing luggage compartment(s) unlatched, or night screen. (Mine goes blue--if I remember rightly?). :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
03-12-2014, 02:18 PM
he did describe it as just being at the top and bottom of the screen which is what the night mode is, Right.

I will have to look when i get home, i thought it was because a compartment might not be shut completely but i could be wrong (won't be the first time) :roflblack:

He may discover that it was night mode and just erase this thread. :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

bcoulter19
03-12-2014, 02:23 PM
when my compartment is open I get a completely orange screen that says "Back Trunk open" for example or something like that. there is no doubt what it is because of the message.

Larry rt
03-12-2014, 03:34 PM
If you are in a low lit garage it will stay orange , night screen. Take it outside , if it still shows, see dealer .

Cruzr Joe
03-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks.

OK, i concede that i was wrong... What you are experiencing is "NIGHT MODE", this so you can see the screen easier. OLD FTS, quit going to bed so early and take your woman for a romantic night ride.:thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
03-12-2014, 04:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR_BTMUFN5s