PDA

View Full Version : AFTER WWII PICS - THEY EXPLAIN THEMSELVES

grumpybob
03-12-2014, 10:54 AM
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/world-war-ii-after-the-war/100180/

Dan_Ashley
03-12-2014, 11:46 AM
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/world-war-ii-after-the-war/100180/

I never understood why the Allies allowed Germany to keep using the German language. After the two horrible wars they started, and the murder of millions of people in concentration--decidedly the first use of management engineering in genocide in history--why the Allies did not require English to be the only language used in Germany.

Cruzr Joe
03-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Very interesting Photos, thanks

Cruzr joe

Bob Denman
03-12-2014, 12:37 PM
I never understood why the Allies allowed Germany to keep using the German language. After the two horrible wars they started, and the murder of millions of people in concentration--decidedly the first use of management engineering in genocide in history--why the Allies did not require English to be the only language used in Germany.
Now; I'm certainly no fan of their Leadership's mis-deeds...
But why would you try to kill a rich and cultured heritage?
Doesn't that sound a lot like what they were trying to do with the Jews?

Besides; I just learned how to say, "Holy :cus:", in German... I'd hate for it to go to waste! :D
Absolutely CHILLING photos... Thank for reminding us of the horrors of War! :thumbup:
Everybody should be made to look at them...
"If we forget the past; we are destined to re-live it."

Oldmanzues
03-12-2014, 02:05 PM
History should be learned from. To eliminate a langauge would be to elimate History.
No Country is imune from doing some pretty bad things in the past. The treament of the American Indians is not a nice actions.
Oldmanzues

Dan_Ashley
03-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Now; I'm certainly no fan of their Leadership's mis-deeds...
But why would you try to kill a rich and cultured heritage?
Doesn't that sound a lot like what they were trying to do with the Jews?

Besides; I just learned how to say, "Holy :cus:", in German... I'd hate for it to go to waste! :D
Absolutely CHILLING photos... Thank for reminding us of the horrors of War! :thumbup:
Everybody should be made to look at them...
"If we forget the past; we are destined to re-live it."i would do away with their ugly culture, the one that murdered my grandparents, in a heartbeat.

Bob Denman
03-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Do you see what hate can breed?
That's right; more hate... :shocked:
I'm sorry that you lost your grandparents in such a horrific way...

USAFE7RET
03-13-2014, 12:09 PM
As the one person stated, "all we ever asked for was a place to bury our dead..."

No since in being the overbearing conqueror and kill their men and hear the lamentation of their women and children....