PDA

View Full Version : Rigid Saddle bag Kit

Steve67
03-12-2014, 09:26 AM
I ordered and installed the Rigid Saddle bag kit on my ST-S over the weekend. There are signal light extensions that raise the rear turn signal lights up and above the rigid saddlebags. The OEM turn signal lights then mount on them with a cap that comes pre threaded with two screws. So I go to install the end cap on the extension to mount the turn signal and both holes on the cap are cross threaded. I try and slowly put both screws in and they only go in a little way and both get jammed inside. So I get the part number off the installation guide to re order the cap from BRP. I call my local parts guy and he says that there is a issue so he send a message to BRP. They come back saying that I can't just order the part number I have to order the whole extension for 600.00.....what????? even though all are separate part numbers.....so now I have a message into BRP and waiting for call back....so will see how I make out as I already paid big money for the kit and another 600 for a 5.00 end cap....come on.....

NancysToy
03-12-2014, 10:23 AM
If you ordered the kit from your dealer, the accessories are warrantied for 90 days. Have them do whatever it takes to make it right.

Steve67
03-20-2014, 11:35 AM
I ended up just ordering the whole assembly as I was just getting the run around from BRP....I originally ordered the kit from Vermont and I live in Manitoba Canada so was on sale and saved about 400 bucks....so thought what the hell I'll try and order....so I did....not with the part being cross threaded I have the part number from the parts list so attempted to order but BRP is telling the dealer that it is a part number from the assembly floor and not something you can order....so I just ordered the whole turn signal riser on the right hand side....they obviously have developed a new part as the assembly comes in one piece now with the turn signal built right in so all you do is bolt it on and attached the wires....only cost me 250.00 bucks....lesson learned. I even called BRP to try and rectify and all they said is why did I order from the US instead of Canada.....lesson learned....

I was also speaking with the local BRP dealer and he said that their mechanics are always twisting off a bolt or breaking something when they service the bikes....lots of locktite used during assembly.

I'm putting it all back together this weekend....wish me luck....