PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR shake up at Mountain Motor Sports...

Yol Bolsun
03-11-2014, 11:55 AM
There have been MAJOR changes at Mountain Motor Sports - Conyers.

Bloke, our Spyder liaison is gone as is Darren (Certified Spyder Technician and fixer of most of our Spyders). Don't know what other fall out there may be but have many concerns.

ARtraveler
03-11-2014, 12:51 PM
The situation could go either way. :popcorn::popcorn:

Hawk
03-12-2014, 06:28 AM
I know Josh from Freedom in Lawrenceville went down there, he is a certified Spyder mechanic. Freedom currently does not have a certified Spyder mechanic. Not sure if they are sending the guy that took over for Josh (I am terrible with names) for training or not.

MarkLawson
03-12-2014, 07:08 AM
I know Josh from Freedom in Lawrenceville went down there, he is a certified Spyder mechanic. Freedom currently does not have a certified Spyder mechanic. Not sure if they are sending the guy that took over for Josh (I am terrible with names) for training or not.

When you & I were there the day we had lunch, the other guy (me too) was saying he was going to the training. Don't know when. Saw Josh @ Mountain the next weekend and he immediately saw that my drive belt was all out of alignment. He was just driving through the parking lot on his way out & saw me & stopped. He told me what to do to align it and I took home and got it set just right. The only 2 things I can think of that would have knocked it out of alignment is I took my trailer hitch off, but that shouldn't have made a difference since the only thing I loosen is the bolt that runs through the axle and holds the trailer hitch on, and I installed the new rear wheel light from GloRyder. I did rotate the axle bolt to get the GloRyder cap design horizontal, so that may have loosened it up some. I don't know how my belt tension is, but it's aligned now.

Hawk
03-12-2014, 07:34 AM
When you & I were there the day we had lunch, the other guy (me too) was saying he was going to the training. Don't know when. Saw Josh @ Mountain the next weekend and he immediately saw that my drive belt was all out of alignment. He was just driving through the parking lot on his way out & saw me & stopped. He told me what to do to align it and I took home and got it set just right. The only 2 things I can think of that would have knocked it out of alignment is I took my trailer hitch off, but that shouldn't have made a difference since the only thing I loosen is the bolt that runs through the axle and holds the trailer hitch on, and I installed the new rear wheel light from GloRyder. I did rotate the axle bolt to get the GloRyder cap design horizontal, so that may have loosened it up some. I don't know how my belt tension is, but it's aligned now.

Gonna miss Josh. At least Bo is still at Freedom. Good to be able to ask a question or two without the stink eye. Hazel, Darcy, and I were installing my GPS and the 14's have a new power plug (same as the mirror connectors) for the GPS. Of course the kit had the old style. Darcy called Bo up and he had a wrecked spyder and said to come down and look for the part. Hazel went down there, found it, he gave her two, no charge. Josh doesn't know everything about the Spyder (he will be the first to tell you that), but is willing to listen and learn and not think your an idiot. Good pickup for Mountain.

Pennyrick
03-12-2014, 07:42 AM
I learned yesterday that the former Spyder tech at Mountain Motorsports is now in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I don't know where he is working or even if he went to a motorcycle dealership.

If you folks around the Myrtle Beach area find him at one of the Spyder dealers there you should look him up. His name is Darren Fairey and he is well versed on Spyders on top of being a really good person.

Hawk
03-12-2014, 07:45 AM
I learned yesterday that the former Spyder tech at Mountain Motorsports is now in Myrtle Beach, Florida. I don't know where he is working or even if he went to a motorcycle dealership.

If you folks around the Myrtle Beach area find him at one of the Spyder dealers there you should look him up. His name is Darren Fairey and he is well versed on Spyders on top of being a really good person.

I think Bloke went to FL as well, not sure if its the same place. If it is, if you want a knowledgeable sales person, hes your man.

timmer64
03-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Same thing happened to us at the dealer in Cheyenne, Wyoming after we bought ours. The salesman that was awesome to deal with and was very well versed on the spyder, along with the service manager and the store manager all were "replaced" when they merged with the dealer out of Laramie, Wyoming. Was never the same from then on. Good luck.

EllijaySpyder
03-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Mountain Motor Sports in Marietta has a very good BRP certified Mechanic. I reccomend them very highly

Jerry

Yol Bolsun
03-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Mountain Motor Sports in Marietta has a very good BRP certified Mechanic. I reccomend them very highly

Jerry

Jerry, as of when? This shake-up has been in the last three weeks. Is he/she still there?

Hecam17
03-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville, Platinum Dealer and Sean is on Spyderlovers. Had Elkas installed 2 weeks ago and they are the best service I've dealt with NW Metro. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Pennyrick
03-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Wouldn't you know it. My Spyder went into limp mode on Monday during our ride to middle GA.

I got a flashing Check Engine light plus a blinking 'E' in the gear indicator area. Then it went into limp mode. I had just downshifted to pass some traffic and it wound up to about seven grand to make the pass before this happened.

I coasted for a bit (with Penny's Spyder coming up behind me and her asking in my headphones "what's going on") and it appeared to clear itself. It was fine the rest of the way home but the next morning I got the 'check engine' again.

Today I finally had a chance to drive to Mountain Motorsports in Conyers and have it checked out. I met Josh and he is, as Hawk says, a really nice guy. He does have Can Am certification and quickly put my Spyder on the BUDS that showed a shift error code indicating it had happened several times. Since we put in a new battery two week's ago, he thought maybe that had something to do with it. We did have a suspect connection so that got tightened, the codes got cleaned off and we are on the road again.

I feel better about servicing there now that I have met him.

By the way, Darren Fairey,(former MMS tech) is now at RedLine Powersports in Myrtle Beach, SC.

EllijaySpyder
03-16-2014, 12:00 PM
I was at the Marietta Store last week. I had my 4600 miles service done. The tech who worked on my bike is
Marcelo Seixas. He has been with them at least since I bought my bike there last year.
I hit a road object last sepetmber and bent the frame. He was the tech took it apart and put every thing back on a new frame. bIKE WAS PERFECT

Jerry

midnightbreeze50
04-13-2014, 12:51 AM
I'm going to miss Bloke, Really Good Guy , He sold me my Spyder! I been sending a lot of people to ask for Bloke , guess I wont have to do that now, GOOD LUCK BLOKE , Whereever U R .:gaah: Maintenance Mechanic from CLOROX, Midnightbreeze.

SPIDY
04-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Thank You HeCam17! I will be glad to take care of all your needs in the N Ga area. We are Platinum Certified and have 2 certified techs. We also stock a ton of Spyder parts and usually can get you in and out in same day when scheduled.

Asdgirl
05-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Bloke is still living in Conyers, still working in bikes, but I do not know if he would want me to say more than that. Just know he is doing well, I just spoke with him yesterday.

As a former employee of MMS Conyers (for a couple of months earlier this year), there was (and still is) a big shake up going on. The service department is currently at LEAST 3 weeks booked, perhaps 4-5 now. Nobody is left in Service that was there in March. My husband took his '14 FJR over to MMS Lithia Springs to get his first service and they have been nothing but great. I have heard good things about Marietta but they are too far away for us. Hell, Lithia Springs is inconvenient but less hell-ish after dropping the bike off after work. We have the pre paid maintenance plan and it sucks that Conyers is so backlogged as they are the most convenient shop for us to take our bikes. Ole Bess (my Spyder) is due for her 14k service as well as it's first new rear tire and I will be taking over to Lithia Springs for service, if only because I could have it back in 5 days or less.

Cavman
05-28-2014, 04:24 PM
What is the name of the dealer in Lithia Springs?

Asdgirl
05-28-2014, 08:56 PM
What is the name of the dealer in Lithia Springs?

It is also Mountain Motorsports. There is one in Marietta too. All owned by the same group of guys.

bloke
07-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Hey everybody, got pointed to this and thought I'd let you guys (the ones that are interested anyway) know whats going on in Blokes world.

First off I just want to say thanks to anybody who bought a bike (or 3) from me in the last four years, its been a pleasure serving you and trying to make your riding dreams a possibility. After parting ways with MMS I went for a "9 to 5" working for Triumph motorcycles USA, in a cubicle no less, Darren the spyder tech came with me, we had seen the writing on the wall with MMS at the end of last year and had been sending out feelers and resumes. The Triumph deal seemed like the right thing to do at the time since MMS was changing way too much and our values were not on the same track. After a few weeks an offer from a BMW Ducati dealer in Jacksonville Florida came along and having been a long time BMW rider it seemed rude to turn it down. So I packed my bags and headed back to Florida where I had lived before moving to Ga after meeting the best gal in the land here.

Now living in J Ville and searching for a house here, wife Laura is still in Covington and we are currently doing a lot of miles going back and forth, trading dogs (we have four) and cars, but spending precious little time together, plus she had just buggered off to Europe for two weeks to visit her mum and dad who live in Italy. We obviously both still ride, in fact she just spent several days riding the Alps on her cousins Honda ST1100 and then a couple of rental bikes, she did mention a new RT would have been nice in some areas over there! We do get to see a couple Spyder peeps from time to time but with the "commute" these days free time is hard to come by!

Anyway that's it in a nutshell, basically the mon to fri 9 to 5 would have been a good move, but I like dealing with the great unwashed (that's you guys) and making friends a long the way, Laura has also made many many friends through our riding and the stores I have worked for, we really appreciate all the help, advice, friends, food, rides and places others have been involved in and if your down Jacksonville way give us a shout. There is a great back roads route to St Augustine from Atl that takes all day and is scenic, you will get to pass withing a few miles of the new store, pop in and say hi, it would be great too see any of you.

Bloke and Laura

BMW Ducati motorcycles of Jacksonville Florida
1515 wells rd
Jacksonville
Florida