PDA

View Full Version : I see nothing on here about a get together for N GA, or S

TuckMiddle
03-11-2014, 09:39 AM
For that matter. Freedom Power Sports has offered to
Host a get together any Sat we wish to do it. I think it's
A great idea. How about letting me know if and when
You think a good Sat would be. Just a gathering of Spyders with anyone bringing up anything you think is
Important. They will provide coffee and snacks. We could
Wok out a ride for a late lunch or whatever folks think they
Would like to do.
Hopefully we can do this, it's up to y'all to respond and
Make it happen
Tuck

Yol Bolsun
03-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Tuck, I like your idea but would like to see us meet someplace closer to Macon and possibly attract some Spyder riders from outside the ATL metro area (with due respect to MikeinGA, DocinRiverside, Jerry, Cracker and Skosh, et al).

Also, would propose 17 May for the date.

Easter, 20 Apr
Spyderfest 2014, 30 April - 4 May
Mothers Day, 11 May
Memorial Day, 26 May
Fathers Day, 15 June
2014 Owners Event - Durango, 26-27 June

A location for a Group Picnic would be ideal. Indian Springs State Park is a thought but SP's have a $5 per vehicle charge and other fees.

Ideas or suggestions...or Dahlonega, or Power Sports, or...ANY place that could accomodate 20-80 Spyders (note my optimism)?

MarkLawson
03-11-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm in!

Pennyrick
03-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Folks:

I thought the Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center, near Monticello would be perfect for this but I checked and they have nothing available on May 17th.

Another thought is the Richard B. Russell State park near Elberton, Ga (almost on the SC state line). They have picnic pavilions for rent. True, the entrance fee is $5 per Spyder but surely that isn't a big hardship for folks. There is a rental fee on the pavilions too so we would have to split that cost up but even $10 per person shouldn't break anyone.

TRIGUY
03-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Tuck, have spent the last few Saturdays at Freedom Power Sports and do not mind a few more. They have a large room upstairs that we could use. n Ga. is always a good place to ride.

For that matter. Freedom Power Sports has offered to
Host a get together any Sat we wish to do it. I think it's
A great idea. How about letting me know if and when
You think a good Sat would be. Just a gathering of Spyders with anyone bringing up anything you think is
Important. They will provide coffee and snacks. We could
Wok out a ride for a late lunch or whatever folks think they
Would like to do.
Hopefully we can do this, it's up to y'all to respond and
Make it happen
Tuck

rays hell
03-11-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm in for a get together. I'm going to try to make it to the ride to Macon from Locust Grove to the Cherry Bloosom Fest. Sat after next.
Is anyone else going ?
On my way to Cartersville to get my 600 mi. service. Hope to get it back Sat.

SMAUG
03-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Count me in for a SAT get together at Freedom Power Sports
Larry

rays hell
03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Has anyone got time in mind for Sat. at Freedom PS.?

TuckMiddle
03-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Let's see how many respond the next couple days and see the ideas. I just mentioned FPS because I was there this morning. Also, I had the idea that
The Southern GA folks sorta wanted to meet way down. Not that it is a bad idea either. Heck the Blue Willow isn't a bad choice - we were there right after I got my Spyder in 2011. I think around the first of April might be a good time too. I'm all for tomorrow. At 10:00 AM OR PM! Glad to see that we still have interest. Let's try to spread the word to our Spyder friends and see what developes.
Tuck

Daisyjoe
03-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Sounds great to me. I would love to see some old Ga. Spyder friends and meet some of the newer Spyder owners. I think a get together is long over-due. Indian Springs State Park is a beautiful place.

Cavman
03-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Sorry I missed Tuck at Freedom today. I mention to them about Bike Night on Wednesday and that I would be missing it. They asked about it. Cycle Gear has bike night one a month at their Smyrna and Roswell stores. Last month's Smyrna store meet was cancelled due to icy weather.

I was dropping off my RT again for them to fix the transmission leak again. Now it's making crunchy noises when I put it in gear. I also got the orange flashing transmission warning several times this past week. It went into some sort of limp mode as the engine would not rev up with the throttle.
This is why I don't drive my Spyder across country. I don't trust it as I bought mine preowned.

I've got all new tires now and had the Rolo Laser alignment done over a week ago in AL with Lamont and Harvey at Tony's man cave. We had a great turn out with about 30 people hanging out. 16 alignments and Karsten Gehrke was doing exhaust systems installs. His company is www.Spyder1Attitude.com

Hawk
03-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Tuck,

Which Freedom are you talking about? I assume Kennesaw? I think Georgia Veteran's Park would be a nice place to meet as well. You have the lake, lodge, SAM shortline. Its in Cordele, about an hour below Macon. I was thinking we could try to do a monthly lunch/dinner. Not everyone will make them, of course. But it will get some folks together in different areas. Even if its cold/raining we could cage it.

Mike

james danny
03-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Count me in just let me know when and where,

Yol Bolsun
03-13-2014, 01:36 AM
Count me in just let me know when and where,

Any location that would work in the Stockbridge area?

Yol Bolsun
03-13-2014, 02:24 AM
I think Georgia Veteran's Park would be a nice place to meet as well. You have the lake, lodge, SAM shortline. Its in Cordele, about an hour below Macon. I was thinking we could try to do a monthly lunch/dinner. Not everyone will make them, of course. But it will get some folks together in different areas. Even if its cold/raining we could cage it.

Mike

I like Mike's suggestion.

TuckMiddle
03-13-2014, 06:19 PM
I think we need to do this ASAP before all the long rides begin. How about Buckner's Barbecue in Jackson, GA at 11:30??? It's pretty easy to get to if you're an Interstate rider and accessible to most N and hopefully S GA riders. I'd hate to ride my car, hopefully it won't be awful wx that day. I was with a bunch of folks Jan1 and we did ride all non-interstate and got there at noon - behind about 3,000 others. Don't think we'd have that problem on Mar 28, but we could always plan another spot if you wish. Going south makes sense, but let's do it ASAP. We can have a "gala" later on!!
Freedom is another option and lunch down the road from there in Kennesaw, but looks like south would be the better choice, seeing as it's so long since we've met. or .....................
:cheers:
Tuck

Pennyrick
03-14-2014, 09:34 AM
I think we need to do this ASAP before all the long rides begin. How about Buckner's Barbecue in Jackson, GA at 11:30??? It's pretty easy to get to if you're an Interstate rider and accessible to most N and hopefully S GA riders. I'd hate to ride my car, hopefully it won't be awful wx that day. I was with a bunch of folks Jan1 and we did ride all non-interstate and got there at noon - behind about 3,000 others. Don't think we'd have that problem on Mar 28, but we could always plan another spot if you wish. Going south makes sense, but let's do it ASAP. We can have a "gala" later on!!
Freedom is another option and lunch down the road from there in Kennesaw, but looks like south would be the better choice, seeing as it's so long since we've met. or .....................
:cheers:
Tuck

March 28 is a Friday, so I am assuming you mean the 29th. That date doesn't work for us due to prior commitments but the Friday would.

Another option down that way is Juiliette, GA. We rode there last Monday and lunched at the Whistle Stop Cafe, home of the original Fried Green Tomatoes.

TuckMiddle
03-14-2014, 12:16 PM
March 28 is a Friday, so I am assuming you mean the 29th. That date doesn't work for us due to prior commitments but the Friday would.

Another option down that way is Juiliette, GA. We rode there last Monday and lunched at the Whistle Stop Cafe, home of the original Fried Green Tomatoes.

Being stupid has been one of the major stumbling blocks in my life. I looked right at the calendar and I guess I liked the even number better. Sat the 29th is correct date. of course.

Please respond if you think that is ok, if not let me know what is. Need to know someone will be there to keep me company. Whistle Stop is good too, if you'd rather. If we can get 10 folks to say yes, we'll do it, if not just pick another good close-in day. We already have Fri the 28th, fine with me, but...........

Tuck

TuckMiddle
03-16-2014, 04:18 PM
OK boys and girls, after our small, but sophisticated, gathering of nine folks, including seven Spyder drivers today, we are declaring Sunday, March 30 as "A Spyder Gatherin" at Buckner's Family Restaurant in Jackson at or about 12:15PM. Folks in North GA can meet at the Quick Trip on Hwy 92 in Woodstock, if they wish, at 9:45AM for a Safety and Route briefing at 10 and a 10:15 departure via mostly non interstate roads. Hope that many can make the ride. Some said they would be there on either 3 or 4 wheels, hopefully the wx will be ok. I optimistically told Buckner's we are hoping for 15 to 20 Spyders and maybe more, as long as the wx co-operates They can handle however many we have show up. Be nice to have the parking lot turn into a "Spyder nest" on the 30th.
Tuck

Spydman
03-16-2014, 07:05 PM
count me in love bbq. It will be good to meet and eat.

TuckMiddle
03-16-2014, 07:53 PM
count me in love bbq. It will be good to meet and eat.

Think we'll be goin thru D'ville on 92. Let's see what Larry and Joe work out.
Glad you can make it
Tuck

james danny
03-16-2014, 08:15 PM
You can count me in also great place to meet and eat. Best chicken and country food in the south .

Chaser666
03-18-2014, 06:29 AM
Hey tuck I'm in I'll be there with my transformer " bumblebee"