PDA

View Full Version : Oil & coolant leak on 2014

jym777
03-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Was putting on my Baja Ron bar today and not only did I see a few drops on the plug that they had the issue with, but the plastic pan under the starter was covered with oil and the bottom of the starter was all oil so it was coming from some where above the starter, I also noted a few drops of coolant on the under side, bummer only 195 miles on it! a little around town and Daytona and back, I like it but not starting off to well. Its a 2014 pearl white RTs, Has anyone else out there had any of these issues? Thanks, Jim

NancysToy
03-10-2014, 07:12 PM
As far as the coolant goes, check to see that the cap is fully turned, to the second detent.

garb55
03-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Was putting on my Baja Ron bar today and not only did I see a few drops on the plug that they had the issue with, but the plastic pan under the starter was covered with oil and the bottom of the starter was all oil so it was coming from some where above the starter, I also noted a few drops of coolant on the under side, bummer only 195 miles on it! a little around town and Daytona and back, I like it but not starting off to well. Its a 2014 pearl white RTs, Has anyone else out there had any of these issues? Thanks, Jim

I had the same 2 items in the same spots as your under my 2014 limited the first night I brought it home 250 miles
found sensor for oil pressure was not tight enough that fixed oil leak
found coolant in over flow hose from tank never lost any more coolant must have over filled during dealer prep
Don