PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me??

GuaRDaWG
08-17-2008, 02:38 PM
I have no use of my right arm, and need to move the throttle to the left bar? Dealership won't do this kind of mod! Anyone have an idea how I can do this? :chat:

Bimjo
08-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Hmmm... might be tough with a manual. With an SE5 you could maybe find someone to rig up a foot throttle on the left side. Perhaps let the tranny downshift for you and put a finger throttle on the left grip (like a ATV thumb throttle).

Somebody will be more up on this than me though, I'm sure.

Good luck in your quest. :)

NancysToy
08-17-2008, 05:52 PM
The question arises as to how you will steer. The Spyder is like an ATV in that respect, and takes considerably more steering input than a motorcycle, even with the power steering. It can be a workout for the arms and upper body. Both my wife and I noticed that right away. I would certainly think this over very carefully, no matter how badly you want to ride. Riding pillion is still fun.
-Scotty

2spyders
08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
There is a man at our Euro Night gathering who rides a bike (BMW I think) with a sidecar that he has modified because he had a stroke and can't use his right arm. I know that he has moved everything to the left and velcro's his right hand to the handlebar. No help technically, I know, but where there's a will, there's a way!