PDA

View Full Version : Ride Now franchise having the spyders painted

AMTJIM
08-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Noticed in a recent "cycle trader" magazine Ride Now franchise has several on the floor in Chandler, AZ waiting to go....red, orange, blue black and white. Looks like they are having them painted themselves.

Greg H.
08-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Noticed in a recent "cycle trader" magazine Ride Now franchise has several on the floor in Chandler, AZ waiting to go....red, orange, blue black and white. Looks like they are having them painted themselves.

Nice! What is the added cost for the custom paint?

It's neat reading about the Spyders in various areas available right off the showroom floor. Not here, however! :)

..... still waiting. :D

AMTJIM
08-17-2008, 01:12 PM
They didn't show a price. I have noticed whenever they do a custom bike, they usually throw some additional custom work on as well. They have had a few really nice projects.

tatt2r
08-17-2008, 05:17 PM
i thought those were rentable not for sale ... could be wrong

Copperhead
08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Every area is different but here in Canada we are paying 2000.00 -2500.00 for full custom paint based on 7 hours to remove panels and 7 hours to replace. Best paint shops are the quys who specialize in plastic and acrylic (boats seadoos and snowmobiles) many parts are left in a textured state from factory and take a fair amount of prep work

silver surfer
09-08-2008, 05:04 PM
How r u renting to own a spider?:sour: Just would like to know so maybe i can do the same thing.:2thumbs:

bjt
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Every area is different but here in Canada we are paying 2000.00 -2500.00 for full custom paint based on 7 hours to remove panels and 7 hours to replace. Best paint shops are the quys who specialize in plastic and acrylic (boats seadoos and snowmobiles) many parts are left in a textured state from factory and take a fair amount of prep work

7 hours is about 3 times longer than the actual time it takes to remove or reinstall the panels. 2 - 2.5 hours would be much more realistic. I know this because thats about what it took my wife and I to remove all her silver panels for painting. And we had to figure out what we had to do to get some of those panels (front fenders, hood, rear fender, etc.) off. Once we've done it, it would be quicker for all subsequent panel removals.

hotbot
09-08-2008, 07:11 PM
All the different colors are really cool. Mine is still at the paint shop being detailed. I have a few pics, can't wait to get it back. It is getting all panels painted- it will be a transformer. I can't wait to see it finished

AMTJIM
09-08-2008, 11:27 PM
How r u renting to own a spider?:sour: Just would like to know so maybe i can do the same thing.:2thumbs:
Lease to own, making payments, trading small amounts of cash for the privilege of riding a spyder each month...how ever you want to say it, the bank has the title.