PDA

View Full Version : 2014 much quieter now!

bluestratos
03-10-2014, 09:53 AM
I have been complaining that my new RT is really loud, sort of an intake sound that was related to RPM. I had the trunk off this weekend to install the HID foglights and HID Head lights. When I put it back on I had to reconnect the snorkel to the air clean box (2014 requires the snorkel to be disconnected to remove the frunk) and I had to play a bit to get it on. I then realized that the elbow can look like it is connected but actually fold back on the bottom. The gear clamp still goes on but upon close inspection it will remain partly open on the bottom. I played with it and used a mirror to confirm it was properly installed then went for a ride. The noise is gone so I think it had to be installed incorrectly when it was assembled at the dealership. In their defense they rushed to get it together so I could pick it up that day but I will go let them know what I found to help other in the future.

Bob Ledford
03-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Isn't it just amazing how air makes so much noise?

bluestratos
03-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Yes, it was loud enough to compete with the radio and make riding very unpleasant.

Bob Denman
03-10-2014, 01:36 PM
I'm glad to hear about what you're no longer hearing... :shocked: :D :thumbup:

StanProff
03-10-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm glad to hear about what you're no longer hearing... :shocked: :D :thumbup:

HERE HEAR! :cheers:

bluestratos
03-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Groan..... lol.. Ok pour it on, lol

spydaman60
03-10-2014, 07:59 PM
that's what makes the world go round! some people work to make their spyder quieter while others work to make it roar!!

Bob Denman
03-11-2014, 07:57 AM
HERE HEAR! :cheers:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif

YIRYDE
03-12-2014, 08:43 PM
I have been complaining that my new RT is really loud, sort of an intake sound that was related to RPM. I had the trunk off this weekend to install the HID foglights and HID Head lights. When I put it back on I had to reconnect the snorkel to the air clean box (2014 requires the snorkel to be disconnected to remove the frunk) and I had to play a bit to get it on. I then realized that the elbow can look like it is connected but actually fold back on the bottom. The gear clamp still goes on but upon close inspection it will remain partly open on the bottom. I played with it and used a mirror to confirm it was properly installed then went for a ride. The noise is gone so I think it had to be installed incorrectly when it was assembled at the dealership. In their defense they rushed to get it together so I could pick it up that day but I will go let them know what I found to help other in the future.

Can you let me know what kind of HID Headlights and Foglights you installed?

Thanks

bluestratos
03-13-2014, 09:21 AM
They are from KB carstuff, a sponsor here. Headlights are H9005 and Fog are H8. By the car versions as they are set up for two headlight/foglights. I have the 5000K and they are white but not blue so I believe they are the best color(still not as white as the LED accent lights but close).

YIRYDE
03-13-2014, 06:35 PM
They are from KB carstuff, a sponsor here. Headlights are H9005 and Fog are H8. By the car versions as they are set up for two headlight/foglights. I have the 5000K and they are white but not blue so I believe they are the best color(still not as white as the LED accent lights but close).

Thank You

wis2013rtltd
03-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Of the new lights? How was the installation?