PDA

View Full Version : Another windshield option

Rando
08-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Lots of color choices and heights at a great price. I can't wait for a review of this one!

http://www.ceebaileys.com/can_am/index.html

Director
08-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Lots of color choices and heights at a great price. I can't wait for a review of this one!

http://www.ceebaileys.com/can_am/index.html

Cee Bailey's windscreens are very highly regarded in the motorcycle world. I have no doubt their Spyder windshield will be of equally high quality and functionality. :thumbup:

Bruce

tatt2r
08-17-2008, 09:26 AM
looks like darth vada ....god i hate windshields.... just an opinion

steven888
08-17-2008, 10:16 AM
:yes:would never want to make make my spyder look like something its not. Big windshields take away from its awsome look. Just my opinion.

NancysToy
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I love the Cee Bailey's on my BMW. I was hoping they would come up with something more pleasing to the eye here. Just a little bigger, and recurved at the top. Functionality isn't everything. I thought they knew that. Still debating the various options on this one. Tough call. Nothing seems quite right. It sure would be nice to have more protection for the highway, but not at the cost of supreme ugliness. I may have to make my own, yet. I have also been contemplating modifying an electric windshield drive to fit.
-Scotty

Director
08-17-2008, 04:13 PM
I love the Cee Bailey's on my BMW. I was hoping they would come up with something more pleasing to the eye here. Just a little bigger, and recurved at the top. Functionality isn't everything. I thought they knew that. Still debating the various options on this one. Tough call. Nothing seems quite right. It sure would be nice to have more protection for the highway, but not at the cost of supreme ugliness. I may have to make my own, yet. I have also been contemplating modifying an electric windshield drive to fit.
-Scotty

I have to say that of all the aftermarket screens I have seen to date for the Spyder, the one that looks most pleasing (to my eye anyway) is the one from Mel's Monster Garage. It is not huge, just a little higher than the BRP sport-touring screen, but from what I have read on various forums, it is quite effective and the fit and finish is excellent. As an added bonus, it is substantially cheaper than its competition! When I take delivery of my Spyder, I am thinking that is the way I will probably go.

Bruce

mrb
08-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Functionality isn't everything. I thought they knew that. Still debating the various options on this one. Tough call. Nothing seems quite right. It sure would be nice to have more protection for the highway, but not at the cost of supreme ugliness.
-Scotty
Yes I have to agree I don't like the look of the CE Bailey one. I am hanging out to see the one from Industries 7, the adjustable factor (down for "looks" up for protection) and the double curve Lexan screen interest me. Hopefully only 3 weeks or so till I see some in Australia.

http://www.spyderryders.net.au/picts/Windshield_anim.gif

bjt
08-18-2008, 07:42 AM
I have to say that of all the aftermarket screens I have seen to date for the Spyder, the one that looks most pleasing (to my eye anyway) is the one from Mel's Monster Garage. It is not huge, just a little higher than the BRP sport-touring screen, but from what I have read on various forums, it is quite effective and the fit and finish is excellent. As an added bonus, it is substantially cheaper than its competition! When I take delivery of my Spyder, I am thinking that is the way I will probably go.

Bruce

I personally don't care for either his windshield or his hitch but I was impressed with the people from Mels Monster Garage. I got the opportunity to meet and talk with Jimmy Mels from MMG at the Michigan owners event yesterday and he is a great guy who really cares about his products and the Spyder. He truly cares about his customer's satisfaction with his products. Based on his conversations with all who showed up with either his windshield or his hitch, he relished their feedback and wanted each and every one of them to be happy with his product.

spyderjoe
08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
This new one from Cee Bailey's looks like the other
one from F1. There is a picture of it on there first page
on there website for $ 180.
The other one from I7 is a copy from Madstad and
I am not sure if this one will work because of the huge gap lower fairing and screen.
This is why I use the Evolution 111 Windscreen
and I love it no matter what some folks wrote.
With several Screen options to choose from on there site, make me feel good and I do belive they know exactly what there are doing.
After a phone call and a nice talk, they
told me that it will be a Slider Screen available
for the Spyders soon. A 25" Screen what will slide
out up to 31"
WHOW
They put my name already on a order form.

Bimjo
08-18-2008, 09:45 PM
One of the concepts of the Madstad & the I7 (I assume) screens is the spacing of the windshield out away from the fairing to allow wind to go up the back side of the screen. This allows that airstream to hit the air coming over the front of the screen and breaks it up causing less turbulence.

Secondary to that is the ability to fine tune the airflow by tilting/changing the height of the shield.

My experience is with the Suzuki V-Strom shield, which for me was not rideable above 50 mph because the helmet buffet was so bad I couldn't see to ride. One issue is the distance between the shield and the rider. Having the shield that far in front of the rider allows air to spill over/around the shield and pummel the rider.

Adding the Madstad allowed me to eliminate the buffet the stock shield caused. Going to a bigger shield (Givi) with the Madstad eliminated about 75% of the wind noise. Made for a much more enjoyable ride.

I'm not an airflow engineer, but I know what worked for me. Windshields, like seats & handlebars are very much an individual fit item. You have to go with what works for you.

malospyder
08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
What is the price and timeframe to get one?
Maria